Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Team News For Friday

From OS

<h3 class="headline" id="headline">Injury News </h3> 0,,10274%7E2881427,00.jpgSaturday's clash at Norwich took its toll on the City defence, but manager Rob Kelly is keeping positive ahead of about his squad's fitness.

Three of the Leicester back four sat out of training at Belvoir Drive today (Monday) with knocks.

But Kelly is well aware that injuries will be an issue for every team at this stage of the season and is heartened by a number of players nearing a return to action.

He said: "We've got some wear and tear from the weekend, like most club's will at this stage of the season.

"Richard Stearman got a bang on his knee. McCarthy, Gudjonsson and Kisnorbo haven't trained either.

"Iain Hume's also missed today so there's a few out.

"But I'm hopeful most of them will come through in time for Friday's match, and we've also got some coming back in the reserves tonight.

"Both Danny Tiatto and Momo Sylla will have a part in that game. Alan Sheehan's close to playing again.

"So we've got some coming back which is encouraging."

Patrick McCarthy is also facing an absence following his yellow card after the penalty decision at Carrow Road. The defender's two-match suspension starts seven days after his booking and he will therefore still be eligible for the visit of Crystal palace on Friday night.

Kelly added: "Paddy will miss the Preston and Coventry games now.

"But he can play against Palace so we'll get on with that one first and then deal with those two games after that."

When he talks about Tiatto and Sylla, he means they'll both play a part in the reserves game, not Friday's game ;)

Anyway, doesn't sound too bad. As it says, a lot of players will miss a few days with knocks at this stage of the season, but he says he expects most of them to be okay by Friday.

To be honest the one that concerns me is Hume but he's a tough bugger anyway so should be ok. I know Kisnorbo has been excellent recently but we still concede goals and we can re-shuffle the defence where as upfront although O'Grady has done well when he's come on, Hume and Fryatt are essential for us.

When he talks about Tiatto and Sylla, he means they'll both play a part in the reserves game, not Friday's game ;)

Anyway, doesn't sound too bad. As it says, a lot of players will miss a few days with knocks at this stage of the season, but he says he expects most of them to be okay by Friday.

No, I agree, I don't think things are that bad. It's been a regular thing after games recently that a lot of players have been sitting out training early in the week but still playing in the next match. I reckon it's precautionary more than anything. Stearman's been carrying a knock for a while now, Hume and Fryatt were both doubtful before a match a few weeks ago but both played so I'm not that worried about Hume not making Friday either. The game against Palace coming a day early doesn't help us as Rob can't really afford to let players rest all week to make sure they're ok. He has to get them training again by Thursday otherwise they will be a doubt for Friday.

I think by Friday Rob will still be able to pick an unchanged line-up if he wants.

Looking better today:

Fitness Boost For Foxes

Leicester City have been boosted by the news that Richard Stearman's knee injury is not as serious as first feared.

The 18-year-old defender picked up the problem during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Norwich and left the Belvoir Drive Training Ground Complex yesterday on crutches.

But following a scan on the knee, Stearman is hoping to be back in action sooner rather than later.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "The scan results were pretty positive and that's encouraging as Richard is an important player for us.

"But he is still experiencing a fair amount of discomfort around the knee which is badly swollen.

"However, the physios will be doing their utmost to get him back fit as soon as possible."

Joey Gudjonsson (knee), Patrick Kisnorbo (knee) and Paddy McCarthy (thigh) are all responding well to treatment and should be fit to play their part against Crystal Palace at the Walkers Stadium on Friday night.

Meanwhile, Rab Douglas, Momo Sylla and club captain Danny Tiatto all figured for the Reserves against Southampton on Monday night as they continue their rehabilitation after injury set-backs.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~811588,00.html

No news on Hume though..

Looking better today:

No news on Hume though..

That to me indicates that he probably wasn't injured badly, if at all but I might be wrong.

Looks like Stearman won't be fit for friday though. Maybury should move to right back, with Hughes swapping flanks and Welsh making his long awaited full debut. If Sylla gets anywhere near that first team then i'll be angry.

That to me indicates that he probably wasn't injured badly, if at all but I might be wrong.

Looks like Stearman won't be fit for friday though. Maybury should move to right back, with Hughes swapping flanks and Welsh making his long awaited full debut. If Sylla gets anywhere near that first team then i'll be angry.

Good Call Ric, i agree 100%

Archived