Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Signed Lcfc ball

Just seeing if they'd be any interest on here...

My mums friend has a 18 month old daugheter who has a rare blood disorder called Diamond blackfan anaemia. This is a bone marrow failure, and she needs to have medical treatment to survive. Therefore a sum £40,000 needs to be raised urgently. With the help of the club we have a signed ball, by all the players. Would any of you be interested in bidding for it as we plan to hold an auction in the near future. Any other donations would be much appreciated,

Would you please be able to give me any feedback, cheers Matt.

Just seeing if they'd be any interest on here...

My mums friend has a 18 month old daugheter who has a rare blood disorder called Diamond blackfan anaemia. This is a bone marrow failure, and she needs to have medical treatment to survive. Therefore a sum £40,000 needs to be raised urgently. With the help of the club we have a signed ball, by all the players. Would any of you be interested in bidding for it as we plan to hold an auction in the near future. Any other donations would be much appreciated,

Would you please be able to give me any feedback, cheers Matt.

Perhaps they'd auction it at the Supporters Club Player of the Year Awards which should take place within the next month, you would have captive audience of interested people, hopefully tanked up with beer and feeling good about themselves thus increasing the potential value of bids. Contact the Birch I'm sure he'd help you out.

PS I'll make this a sticky :thumbup:

Just a thought, but would a raffle not get more cash in than an auction? You always run the risk with an auction that it might go for less than you hoped - dunno how much people would be prepared to pay for the sigs of the City 05-06 side, even for a charity?

If you get a raffle going a couple of weeks before the draw and get a group of people working their pubs, workplaces etc, you soon get the dough coming in. Then choose a night when you know people will be tanked up (sports club dinner, social club event etc), get loads more pissed people putting fivers in for strips of tickets. Get a few cheap bottles of sparkling wine for runners-up prizes and you're away.

It's more work admittedly, but you've probably got more chance of raising, say, £500, in raffle tickets, than you've got getting someone to pay £500 for a football.

Either way - good luck. :thumbup:

And if you've got any way of taking online donations (Paypal?), you'd probably find a few people on the City websites would chip in a quid or two.

Just a thought, but would a raffle not get more cash in than an auction? You always run the risk with an auction that it might go for less than you hoped - dunno how much people would be prepared to pay for the sigs of the City 05-06 side, even for a charity?

If you get a raffle going a couple of weeks before the draw and get a group of people working their pubs, workplaces etc, you soon get the dough coming in. Then choose a night when you know people will be tanked up (sports club dinner, social club event etc), get loads more pissed people putting fivers in for strips of tickets. Get a few cheap bottles of sparkling wine for runners-up prizes and you're away.

It's more work admittedly, but you've probably got more chance of raising, say, £500, in raffle tickets, than you've got getting someone to pay £500 for a football.

Either way - good luck. :thumbup:

And if you've got any way of taking online donations (Paypal?), you'd probably find a few people on the City websites would chip in a quid or two.

That is a very good idea. :thumbup: Most people can't afford to pay lots of money for a football but could afford a few quid worth of tickets!

I don't know whether you've done this already but contacting Peter Jones is a good idea. He's very happy to help and very sympathetic. I'm sure he would try his best to get you items to auction or raffle. I asked him to do something for me recently and he was more than happy to help. Top bloke.

So how's it going Teeno and you making decent progress?

40k is alot to raise, hope its goin well

We're doing allright matey, Not done too much just yet but we've got £3,000 from the football :D

Archived