Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Paul Anderson

I was watching the F.A. Youth Cup Final 1st Leg between Liverpool and Manchester City. It was a reasonable game which Liverpool dominated and took a deserved lead into the next leg.

As the game progressed, I realised that the Liverpool no. 10 was a fantastic player, and that he was in the Leicester Mercury earlier in the day because he was a former schoolboy at Melton, which got me thinking, why isn't he in the Leicester Academy? I couldn't see us releasing him, and i'd never heard of him before yesterday, so maybe our scouts just aren't good enough.

He was immense, wonderful skill and close control, brilliant vision and exceution of passes and his stunning overhead kick late on hit the cross bar.

Did anyone else watch the game? Or does anyone know anything more about him?

I was watching the F.A. Youth Cup Final 1st Leg between Liverpool and Manchester City. It was a reasonable game which Liverpool dominated and took a deserved lead into the next leg.

As the game progressed, I realised that the Liverpool no. 10 was a fantastic player, and that he was in the Leicester Mercury earlier in the day because he was a former schoolboy at Melton, which got me thinking, why isn't he in the Leicester Academy? I couldn't see us releasing him, and i'd never heard of him before yesterday, so maybe our scouts just aren't good enough.

He was immense, wonderful skill and close control, brilliant vision and exceution of passes and his stunning overhead kick late on hit the cross bar.

Did anyone else watch the game? Or does anyone know anything more about him?

On now. ;):thumbup: Matt Jones doing commentary.

Brillant young striker leicester would love to have him playing for them. But the leicester are rubbish when it comes to bringing up youngster throught the rank. They always let young quality player go because they dont dare to gamble by using them and see how they would cope in a proper match.

Brillant young striker leicester would love to have him playing for them. But the leicester are rubbish when it comes to bringing up youngster throught the rank. They always let young quality player go because they dont dare to gamble by using them and see how they would cope in a proper match.

This guy was on the bench against Benfica I think and Leicester cannot match that, simple as. Faced with joining Leicester or Liverpool academy, which one would you rather??

Dont forget though, he was playing against players of his age, and of similar strength, so toughness doesn't play much of a part.

Leicester are in the Championship. Very little skill, tonnes of muscalarity needed. He could easily be shrugged off the ball in the Championship, just like Ryan Smith was when he was here.

This guy was on the bench against Benfica I think and Leicester cannot match that, simple as. Faced with joining Leicester or Liverpool academy, which one would you rather??

He wasn't though!

Read the posts ;)

West Brom bloody got him.

Not sure if he played last night, but Man City have a really good up and coming youngster called Daniel Sturridge...Look out for him!!

I was told by someone at Uni at the start of the year because they knew him quite well and iv been keeping a track on him on websites etc and also on FM! He keeps scoring!!

Not sure if he played last night, but Man City have a really good up and coming youngster called Daniel Sturridge...Look out for him!!

I was told by someone at Uni at the start of the year because they knew him quite well and iv been keeping a track on him on websites etc and also on FM! He keeps scoring!!

Do you mention Uni in every single post??

Yeah Sturridge did play last night for the Mancs. He played alright he showed some nice touches. He's only 16, and is Dean's son or nephew, i cant remember which one. :rolleyes:

Some lad called Etuhu played up front for City too, so they have a few well known family connections. City also had a left-back called Logan. He looked like a good player, and their keeper Matthewson pulled off and outstanding save to deny Anderson.

Our youth academy needs overhauling. That's Kirkland and Anderson (born in Leicester btw) who have slipped through, and both are very promising players.

Lee Tomlin, currently on trial with Liverpool, although we rejected him.

There are a few others as well, Luke Varney may go on to become a good player.

They've slipped thru because they would have been in the Academy a few years back - i.e. when the academy was neglected.

The Academy is becoming an essential part of the club now (can't buy players so we best produce them instead), so there should hopefully be no more of these players that slip thru our nets

Like Cobbo said he was at West Browm and Then Hull. Don't know why he was never picked up, but I remeber playing against him at school at lunch times and he never really stood out. Since he's gone to Liverpool though he's become a right big headed twat. Seen him at Tubes not long back and he was right up his own arse and so was hid old man.

Archived