Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Andrew Taylor's 2nd Interview

Seems to me that he speaks the truth. If money isn't available, the only way to generate it is through paying customers.

You are right, but charging 32 notes to watch Stoke and Ipswich isn't going to bring people in.

Seems to me that he speaks the truth. If money isn't available, the only way to generate it is through paying customers.

Whilst my memory is not as lucid as some posters, I cannot accept that the match day experience is not better in many ways than 30 years ago. There is little or no violence, facilities are vastly improved and I'm happy to take Mrs Hullcox along knowing she can have a pie and a piss in reasonable comfort.

The atmosphere at the ground is generated by the fans. No if's, no buts.

That's a big myth, you could avoid trouble quite easily back in the 70's and 80's, you knew where it was likely to go off and you stayed clear. It's no different these days with all the robo-cops about to control a bunch of chavved up thickets.

I accept that grounds weren't woman friendly in those days.

Just how do fans generate an atmosphere when they are told to sit down, stop singing, no swearing? They are taking the tribalisim out of football. Plus if you have an inferior product the fans aren't going to create an atmosphere because there is nothing to shout about.

If we're top 6 at Christmas, the gates will be up to 27K and the atmosphere will be better. Guaranteed.

That's the thing though, we won't be.

Ermmm - Maybe you don't have to. You can always stay away.

That's the problem isn't it? People are staying away and I'll pick and choose because there are more choices on how to spend my hard-earned. If it was cheaper and I was able to be football fan, not what they perceive a fan to be, then regardless of performance I would be there.

And there are a lot more like me you know.

Maybe the prices were too low when we were in the premiership.

Maybe inflation has had an impact.

You are these guys dream supporter, you'll pay anything they want, shame there isn't 32,000 of you.

Maybe as a business our income needs from paying customers has increased due to reducing income from other sources.

Perhaps it has, but you'd think they'd treat the fans with a tad more respect than trying to tell them what they should think and do.

We are however no different to many clubs.

As with many subscription based businesses, some customers will leave each year and others will join. Harping back to a by-gone age is fruitless in my opinion.

City had a chance to return the Club to the fans, be an inovitative Club amongst the murky waters of the English game, in the end they just chased the same corporate bollux that everyone else does, no imagination, no flair and no respect for the very thing that makes a Club and the game......... Fans.

Yes I would, but that's because I'm that type of fan. I wouldn't be happy about doing it, however. And for every fan like myself, the club would probably lose 10 more, thus negating the £50 they've gained from me. If you get my drift.

if they put it up by £50 per season ticket, i would be one who will not be renewing, im not in the best of moods anyway cos of the smoking ban, but thats a different issue. i could not afford it simply cos i take 5 kids every week and the can not pay for themselves so its down to me, £50 to one person is not to bad, but i wish people would think of whole picture and not just themselves!! And before any smart arse tells me to give up smoking and then i will be able to pay the extra, i am trying !!!

I actually paid £15 quid for each of those games by purchasing a season ticket.

Bully for you, well done, but you are missing the point completely.

What about the poor guy that can't afford 250 plus up front?

Or do we just price him out completely because he isn't the kind of low income, most likely to be a hooligan stereotype, fan we want at football these days?

if they put it up by £50 per season ticket, i would be one who will not be renewing, im not in the best of moods anyway cos of the smoking ban, but thats a different issue. i could not afford it simply cos i take 5 kids every week and the can not pay for themselves so its down to me, £50 to one person is not to bad, but i wish people would think of whole picture and not just themselves!! And before any smart arse tells me to give up smoking and then i will be able to pay the extra, i am trying !!!

I meant that whilst I disagree with the pricing structure, I'll still pay it because I'm that kind of idiot!

He has seen that the place is in desperate need of cash, and we can see this from him reviving the ground share deal and there was some hints of raising ticket prices I think, but he can only do that if we win games. Simply enough we need to perform next season which will increase attendances, simple as I guess...

Bully for you, well done, but you are missing the point completely.

What about the poor guy that can't afford 250 plus up front?

Or do we just price him out completely because he isn't the kind of low income, most likely to be a hooligan stereotype, fan we want at football these days?

Is this the same sterotype who sit's on his lazy fat arse cos he be bothered to get a job to pay for his season ticket.... But can afford ciggies booze and Sky sports...

I meant that whilst I disagree with the pricing structure, I'll still pay it because I'm that kind of idiot!

yes but thats the problem, the club know that people love the club so they can put the prices up and some will still pay, they will pray on peoples loyalty!!

I don't think the price of season tickets is too bad actually, I'm a student and unfortunately I have to sacrifice Citeh for rent, books and booze e.t.c lol

The prices shouldn't go up though, definitley not. The match experience is pretty lame for adolescents, a few years ago I could enjoy myself even if we lost, I've always paid for my own tickets and glady returned home with a sore throat and/or no voice!

For people who can afford it fair enough, it is tough shit.

The family atmosphere doesn't appeal to me anyhow. You can say I'm a bad fan if you want but I'll just tell you to suck it DX style.

Archived