Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wycombe Fox

I predict that...

I've made a bit of a tit of myself along the lines of 'I know something you don't know etc etc' (apologies) as I can't say anything else because it's a secret at the moment but if my info is correct then there's something happening today.

It doesn't involve Leicester which is why it's on this forum.

He's going for 2.5million.

Wigan fans aren't too bothered from what I've heard. His crossing is quite poor apparently and some have labelled him a headless chicken.

He is a very good player and personally i think it's a bad move for his career, let's just hope he gets his hair cut.

Apparently it's similiar to the Ellington situation. An offer of a certain amount of higher has to be accepted.

Some clause in his contract i read.

This should clear up the situation

Latics Manager Paul Jewell said he was extremely disappointed to lose the player, but added there was little he could do to prevent the move: "Jimmy's agent has alerted clubs as to the figure any prospective club needs to bid," he revealed, "and in the end it's Jimmy's decision to go.

"If a player decides to leave, it is best if he does. I have always said there's no point keeping unhappy players, or at least players who want to move. It¹s all come out of the blue. The timing is not the best but I understand that Fulham wanted to move quickly and not lose their man."

Jewell revealed that the clause was inserted when Bullard signed a new contract last Summer. "He would not have signed the new contract had it not been in there," said Jewell, "and the alternative was having him walk away for nothing when his old contract expired at the end of this season. We had the same situation with Nathan Ellington and a similar clause was removed from Pascal Chimbonda¹s contract earlier this season."

Jewell said he had lengthy discussions with Bullard during the week, and added: "Jimmy is sad to go but he sees this as the next step in his career.

We don¹t want him to go but wish him all the best for the future."

Jewell revealed that the club were not prepared to get into an auction.

"If we had decided to match Fulham¹s wage offer," he said, "then maybe, we could have kept hold of him but I didn"t want to set a dangerous precedent and be held to ransom. That would be extremely unhealthy.

"We're getting ten times what we paid for him. Jimmy's been fantastic for us, he's not missed a game, he's a great lad but once someone says he wants to leave, and there's a clause in his contract to say he can, what can we do?

"He's a good player, but so was Arjan deZeeuw when he left the first time, so was Jason DeVos, so was Roy Carroll, so was Nathan Ellington. We got over those disappointments and came back stronger."

Jewell revealed that he already has midfield targets in mind as replacements

Archived