Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Players to Go !

I'm sure there has been a thread related to this before; but I thought it might be helpful if fans could have a regular post on who they think RK should get RID OF - for FREE if necessary (not ones he might HAVE to sell to generate funds - and could, IF THE ONLY option eg Kisnorbo, Stearman & Williams - Hume & Fryatt should stay, NO MATTER WHAT !). From the present squad, my 'definite movers' would be:-

Rab Douglas, Joe Hamill, Mo Sylla, Danny Tiatto (I know the boss doesn't agree on this !), Elvis Hammond - and, of course, Mark DeVries - all that, would save a few quid in wages !

Possibles:-

Henderson.

I'M still not sure on:-

Maybury, Hughes.

PS I DO think he should go for Welsh.

PPS I think Logan should be given his chance - possibly as No 2 to a new keeper.

PPPS Thank G that Brevett has gone back - I hope it's not just temporary !

I'm sure there has been a thread related to this before; but I thought it might be helpful if fans could have a regular post on who they think RK should get RID OF - for FREE if necessary (not ones he might HAVE to sell to generate funds - and could, IF THE ONLY option eg Kisnorbo, Stearman & Williams - Hume & Fryatt should stay, NO MATTER WHAT !). From the present squad, my 'definite movers' would be:-

Rab Douglas, Joe Hamill, Mo Sylla, Danny Tiatto (I know the boss doesn't agree on this !), Elvis Hammond - and, of course, Mark DeVries - all that, would save a few quid in wages !

Possibles:-

Henderson.

I'M still not sure on:-

Maybury, Hughes.

PS I DO think he should go for Welsh.

PPS I think Logan should be given his chance - possibly as No 2 to a new keeper.

PPPS Thank G that Brevett has gone back - I hope it's not just temporary !

The loss of 6/7 players from the squad leaves a big hole - quite a few replacements are needed - mostly in the midfield !

I'd get rid of this thread and use the other 20 similar. ;)

I've no problem with 'merging' this with other similar threads - nobody seems much interested in it anyway !!

And I've been thinking - having reread what RK said at the weekend about "not much change to the squad - unless forced on him" - it's unlikely many of the names I mentioned as ones I'D get rid of, that they'd go. I might be good to hear what others think though, of the ESSENTIALS to go - gotta be Hamill and Hammond (only playing in the Reserves the last few weeks) and DeVries.

Stick with what we've got!!! No changes. Don't change a winning team. Okay I know they weren't winning at the end but they were before. No change. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Difference is we can now ship out and bring in players easier than when you were going on about it before. I seem to remember suggestions of O'grady in defence and Porter centre mid from yourself... can't of seen that improving us that much.

Get rid of= De Vries

Sylla

Douglas

Hamill

Also, if we were to offload Stearman, i could understand, as the money would be too tempting, but personally i wouldnt let him go.

Bring in=Mcauley

New striker (Iwelumo)

New goalkeeper(Maybe on loan)

Really that is all i would bring in as i believe we have the players to challenge for promotion :thumbup:

Get rid of= De Vries

Sylla

Douglas

Hamill

Also, if we were to offload Stearman, i could understand, as the money would be too tempting, but personally i wouldnt let him go.

Bring in=Mcauley

New striker (Iwelumo)

New goalkeeper(Maybe on loan)

Really that is all i would bring in as i believe we have the players to challenge for promotion :thumbup:

And at least one winger, frutos?

Difference is we can now ship out and bring in players easier than when you were going on about it before. I seem to remember suggestions of O'grady in defence and Porter centre mid from yourself... can't of seen that improving us that much.

You can be as selective as you like about what I said but what I believe, as you well know, is that you should never for one day or one minute stop improving your side. If we always operated like that we would not now be a club that actually celebrates bottom half of the table mediocrity.

Our team plays with the greyness of a dank December day. Our squad comprises triers galore but only five or six genuine footballers and our most successful youngsters stand wasted on the sidelines watching players who have failed to distinquish temselves week in and week out.

People have talked with optimism about potential promotion but I have never felt more pessimistic about what's ahead.

Without a vision which we are prepared to follow without bending we will go nowhere. How does "young and hungry equate with Tiatto, Brevett and Sylla?" Or Brian Kidd and Tony Parkes? It doesn't. "Young and hungry should mean just that and I'd make that include the coaches as well.

We don't want yesterday's men. A youthful team needs vigorous players and vigorous leaders.

Leicester has a glitzy new stadium. We need a team that reflects the stadium and plays combatively but with a bit of swagger.

Sadly, we still have six or seven first teamers who, in railway terms, are like dogged old shunters rather than glistening mainline locomotives. It has to change if city are to survive - and I don't just mean in the Championship.

You can be as selective as you like about what I said but what I believe, as you well know, is that you should never for one day or one minute stop improving your side. If we always operated like that we would not now be a club that actually celebrates bottom half of the table mediocrity.

Our team plays with the greyness of a dank December day. Our squad comprises triers galore but only five or six genuine footballers and our most successful youngsters stand wasted on the sidelines watching players who have failed to distinquish temselves week in and week out.

People have talked with optimism about potential promotion but I have never felt more pessimistic about what's ahead.

Without a vision which we are prepared to follow without bending we will go nowhere. How does "young and hungry equate with Tiatto, Brevett and Sylla?" Or Brian Kidd and Tony Parkes? It doesn't. "Young and hungry should mean just that and I'd make that include the coaches as well.

We don't want yesterday's men. A youthful team needs vigorous players and vigorous leaders.

Leicester has a glitzy new stadium. We need a team that reflects the stadium and plays combatively but with a bit of swagger.

Sadly, we still have six or seven first teamers who, in railway terms, are like dogged old shunters rather than glistening mainline locomotives. It has to change if city are to survive - and I don't just mean in the Championship.

I think you just enjoy putting down anything and anyone who makes the decisions at the club. Even if Sheehan was a regular you'd still be champing the cause of another youngster, and then another youngster after that. You'd never be satisfied.

Besides, the comment that I've highlighted is well over the top. You've never been more pessimistic about what's ahead? So you were quite confident under Levein and the way he plummeted us into the BOTTOM 3 of the Championship. If ever there was a time to be pessimistic, it was then. Those were dark days and if Levein had stayed here I would bet that we'd have been in the relegation zone for many more weeks, if not relegated.

I think you just enjoy putting down anything and anyone who makes the decisions at the club. Even if Sheehan was a regular you'd still be champing the cause of another youngster, and then another youngster after that. You'd never be satisfied.

Besides, the comment that I've highlighted is well over the top. You've never been more pessimistic about what's ahead? So you were quite confident under Levein and the way he plummeted us into the BOTTOM 3 of the Championship. If ever there was a time to be pessimistic, it was then. Those were dark days and if Levein had stayed here I would bet that we'd have been in the relegation zone for many more weeks, if not relegated.

Levein was never a long time worry because it was obvious he was going to be sacked - it just took cionsiderably longer than I thought.

We've even got Bill Anderson quoting RL now saying there'll be no changes "for the sake of it" as if somehow either he or Kelly doesn't realise that changes are imperative because too many of our squad members, triers though some might be, are simply not good enough as footballers.

If people don't recognise it after a season of mediocrity I think that's good reason to be worried.

I'm not ashamed of championing the cause of one or two youngsters who are probably already better than people getting a place in the team and feel that's far better than pulling them to pieces like you do. certainly in Sheehan's case.

As for older, experienced players, when you show me someone like Dickov or Walsh or Elliott who plays his heart out for the club then I'll support him but Joey's the only one I've seen in that bracket and we've been daft enough to let him go when we didn't need to.

You and I have long had a diametrically opposite view of how the game should be played and what constitutes a good footballer.

Despite that I hope your view proves the correct one because what you seem to want is what we're gonna get, that's for sure. And it's exactly why I feel so pessimistic.

If getting shut of at least seven virtually useless squad members (I won't name them out of kindness sake) is simply "change for changes sake" in Anderson's words then we are right up s**t creek as a football club.

They'd have been laughed off the field when Leicester had a proper team and while you might not give a damn about the sort of s**t we churn out as football so long as we're not relegated and pay due homage to whoever's in charge (whatever he presides over as football) I just cringe to see what's become of us.

Just one question. How many times did we look like a proper football team last season?

Oh yes, we fought and battled on occasions. Much to be admired in it too.

But there was opnly one game all season when we looked a good team throughout - against Sheffield United at home.

If you think differently it shows how different our respective aspirations are.

Archived