Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hibeeleicester

Hello !

o........k , im in :)

If your in could you advise me. I'm going (hopefully) to St Andrews next year, which is the closest league team? I think its Dundee/Dundee United but I was wondering if there is a more accesible team. Cheers. :thumbup:

Hi i am new to this forum,i have recentley moved from edinburgh to leicester , i am a hibernian fan :P

Is there rules on this forum about posting swear words , copyright etc.

I have been living here for 2 months now and have been to a few games, unfortunatley not getting season ticket for next year as i already renewed my Hibernian One. :(:(

Thanks

HL

welcome to the board, my dad was a hibs fan, and as a boy i spent many hours at your place, as all our school hols had to be spent up there visiting family,

Hello Hibee.

There's a couple more Hibees I know in Leicester. A bloke at the City Council (top brass) is a big fan as is his son.

Did you know that Hibees played Leicester in a friendly at Filbert Street in the year dot with Georgie Best in your side? Probably not. I was there, it was played in a blizzard and I can't remember the score. I think it was 2-0.

My Scottish team is Dumbarton. Sadly lost to Division 3 next season.

If your in could you advise me. I'm going (hopefully) to St Andrews next year, which is the closest league team? I think its Dundee/Dundee United but I was wondering if there is a more accesible team. Cheers. :thumbup:

Well this is your choice

SPL TEAMS

Dundee united-no to far away

Dunfermline-a bit away

falkirk-Youd be crazy

HIBS-About 45 - 1 hour drive

Hearts(to watch some champions league)- same as hibs

1st div

Dundee-no to far

amatuer

St andrews-Local team

Hello Hibee.

There's a couple more Hibees I know in Leicester. A bloke at the City Council (top brass) is a big fan as is his son.

Did you know that Hibees played Leicester in a friendly at Filbert Street in the year dot with Georgie Best in your side? Probably not. I was there, it was played in a blizzard and I can't remember the score. I think it was 2-0.

My Scottish team is Dumbarton. Sadly lost to Division 3 next season.

I have heard of the game but wasnt old enough to see Best play for the hibs :cry:

Was it 2 v 0 to leicester/hibs :ermm:

I have heard of the game but wasnt old enough to see Best play for the hibs :cry:

Was it 2 v 0 to leicester/hibs :ermm:

I need to get 'Of Fossils and Foxes' out to check (club histoire). Bed time reading. I'll be back tomorrow with the score! I'll see if I can dig out the programme too...although that will probably take a couple of months!

I need to get 'Of Fossils and Foxes' out to check (club histoire). Bed time reading. I'll be back tomorrow with the score! I'll see if I can dig out the programme too...although that will probably take a couple of months!

:thumbup::thumbup: cheers mate

Hammil is absoloute garbage and should'nt be anywhere near our club.

Alright, boys. I'm fed up of the Hamill abuse now. He's young, fairly fast and looked lively in the SPL (aye, aye, I know, not the best league.) Scored on his City debut, left sided midfielder which, you may not have noticed, but we're currently lacking. He's had barely a handful of games at Leicester, how the fock can you write him off as shite already?

At what point, exactly, did he become a City hate figure? Just because he's another Jambo purchace, doesn't make him shite by default. I'd like to see him given a good run in the side, tbh.

Alright, boys. I'm fed up of the Hamill abuse now. He's young, fairly fast and looked lively in the SPL (aye, aye, I know, not the best league.) Scored on his City debut, left sided midfielder which, you may not have noticed, but we're currently lacking. He's had barely a handful of games at Leicester, how the fock can you write him off as shite already?

At what point, exactly, did he become a City hate figure? Just because he's another Jambo purchace, doesn't make him shite by default. I'd like to see him given a good run in the side, tbh.

First of all how many games you been to where he's played? Exactly.

He's very very poor , does'nt attack does'nt defend , and as for scoring on his debut I think that Bury is about his standard.

As it turns out, we played Hibees twice in friendlies that season (1979/80). On the 10th Dec we lost 2-3 away and then 0-2 at home on the 15th January (the Best game). I haven't found the programme yet - possibly because they're all boxed off awaiting a house move.

However, I have found the Bournemouth versus Newport County programme when Best made his debut for the Cherries. I went to that game too. Big ruck in the car park after the game as I recall. Newport won 2-0.

As it turns out, we played Hibees twice in friendlies that season (1979/80). On the 10th Dec we lost 2-3 away and then 0-2 at home on the 15th January (the Best game). I haven't found the programme yet - possibly because they're all boxed off awaiting a house move.

However, I have found the Bournemouth versus Newport County programme when Best made his debut for the Cherries. I went to that game too. Big ruck in the car park after the game as I recall. Newport won 2-0.

Cheers m8,wonder what the score would be now :whistle::whistle:

Well this is your choice

SPL TEAMS

Dundee united-no to far away

Dunfermline-a bit away

falkirk-Youd be crazy

HIBS-About 45 - 1 hour drive

Hearts(to watch some champions league)- same as hibs

1st div

Dundee-no to far

amatuer

St andrews-Local team

Cheers :thumbup::thumbup:

lets have a lcfc v hibs friendly! :)

Is anyone on this board close to the club and could suggest this to somebody, sorry if its a bit of a stupid idea its just with our old manager bobby williamson you could write to him and ask for friendlies.

:blink:

Speaking of Bobby Williamson is he still with plymouth???

Cheers

HL

Is anyone on this board close to the club and could suggest this to somebody, sorry if its a bit of a stupid idea its just with our old manager bobby williamson you could write to him and ask for friendlies.

:blink:

Speaking of Bobby Williamson is he still with plymouth???

Cheers

HL

Why don't you suggest it to LCFC -> Chief Exec [email protected]

No, I think it's Pulis now.

First of all how many games you been to where he's played? Exactly.

And how many have you? At the very, very most you can have seen seven and the same goes for most City fans. So the boy hasn't found form, claiming he's the worst player to have ever put on a city shirt is ludicrous. He's been dumped in a new league, given a small sprinkling of chances and that's about it. The general consensus since Levein lef thas been that tactically he was inept, but in terms of an eye for players he wasn't all that bad. Yet you've written Hamill off before he's really been given a chance.

The likes of Akinbiyi and Benjamin were here far too long, played far too cack and were a waste of about 6 million between them. If Hamill still hasn't done anything of worth by the next January window then sure, whatever, unload him for cheap and get him off the wage bill - but why throw away a young, pacey left winger when we're A. Struggling for someone in the spot and B. Not really giving him much of a chance to prove whether or not he IS total cack.

Narh, but seriously, send a fairly polite email and it may get read. No need for super-formality. Just something simple, polite, et cetera.

Have done it hopefully he will read it :chant:

Do you think i would need to get a few people to email him to show how much we(i mostly) want the freindly or would 1 be enough?

Would you LCFC fans have a freindly against hibs ???

It's probably pretty unlikely, if people are really honest, mate. We already have a fairly high profile friendly on the cards - I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum that it's PSV or something. The Walkers entertains one or two every year and I expect if there's another one it's already been confirmed.

It's worth a shot, but the other friendlies we play usually seem to be gash teams.

It's probably pretty unlikely, if people are really honest, mate. We already have a fairly high profile friendly on the cards - I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum that it's PSV or something. The Walkers entertains one or two every year and I expect if there's another one it's already been confirmed.

It's worth a shot, but the other friendlies we play usually seem to be gash teams.

Are hibs not gash compared to LCFC <_<

Hibs'd probably shag us, no? There's a lot of elitism in the English game about the SPL - but, and I hate to sound like a pesimistic City fan here, let's face it - we finished in the bottom half of the Championship and Hibs were top-four SPL and have some fantastic young youth product that's become pretty well reported across the British game in general.

Archived