Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walkers To Stage International Friendly

From OS

0,,10274%7E2904651,00.jpg

The Walkers Stadium will play host to an international friendly between Ghana and Jamaica on Bank Holiday Monday, May 29 (4pm).

Ghana, popularly known as The Black Stars, are using the game as a warm-up for their first ever appearance on the World Cup stage in Germany next month.

0,,10274%7E2904655,00.jpg

City's very own Elvis Hammond made his debut for his country against Mexico in Dallas back in March and will be hoping to be involved again while Chelsea's Michael Essien (pictured) is their star man.

The 22-year-old became the most expensive African when he moved from Lyon to Chelsea for £24.4m in August last year.

Ghana are captained by combative midfielder Stephen Appiah of Fenerbahce and the experienced Samuel Kuffour of AS Roma.

The Reggae Boyz are no strangers to the Walkers Stadium, having lined up against Brazil in October 2003 and have captured the hearts of many a football fan with their flamboyant style on and off the pitch.

Former Foxes Frank Sinclair and Trevor Benjamin have previously represented Jamaica while Marlon King of Watford, Southampton's Ricardo Fuller and Ricardo Gardner of Bolton are current squad members.

City Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "We are delighted to be holding such a prestigious event prior to the start of this year's World Cup Finals.

"Hosting an international fixture is a great honour for Leicester and we are proud and privileged to be doing so once again.

"International games offer a great opportunity to put aside club rivalries and join together as one to enjoy what I am certain will be a memorable match and carnival atmosphere."

Advanced tickets for the fixture are priced at £20 for adults and £10 for children anywhere in the stadium.

The adult ticket price will increase by £10 to £30 if purchased on the day.

Tickets are available from www.ticketmania.co.uk; www.stellatickets.co.uk; at the Leicester City Ticket Office or via the club's website. CLICK HERE to buy online now

Gates will open from 1.30pm on the day in question for pre-match entertainment.

Corporate Hospitality packages are also available - contact the club on 0870 040 444 (option 2) or email [email protected]

Guest Gist

How much is it for under 16's? I would check but the lcfc site is filtered at my school.

I cant see there being a huge attendance for this match! Have you seen the prices???? £30 if you buy on the day!!

And the answer is....buy your ticket in advance!

Even £20 is a lot for 2 poor teams in world football.

I'm not going to bother with this one.

TD saying this is a "prestigious event" - oh perlease!! :rolleyes:

Id rather go to my neices birthday party on the 29th FOR FREE!!! I dont know how they can justify the price but I guess they have to make money from somewhere - just not from me on this occasion.

The prices would have nothing to do with LCFC, it would be whoerver organised it setting the prices.

We would have a set fee for holding it and perhaps bonuses if over a certain amount of people turn up.

Ehh I go to any football game that I have time to attend. I'm actually looking forward to watching Ghana vs Jamaica. :thumbup:

The prices would have nothing to do with LCFC, it would be whoerver organised it setting the prices.

We would have a set fee for holding it and perhaps bonuses if over a certain amount of people turn up.

A bit like some of the FACup games then. Even more reason not to go.

From OS

0,,10274%7E2904651,00.jpg

The Walkers Stadium will play host to an international friendly between Ghana and Jamaica on Bank Holiday Monday, May 29 (4pm).

Easter road is also holding a ghana game 6 days after that :thumbup:

Hes a salesman, whadaya expect, poor one at that. i'd rather buy 20 jamacian woodbines :P;)

Grow it, blow it, and smoke it :D

Archived