Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Ipswich and boss Royle part ways

Ipswich and boss Royle part ways

Ipswich have parted company with manager Joe Royle.

Royle led the club to 15th place in the Championship this season and left after a meeting with the Portman Road club's chairman David Sheepshanks.

"Joe and I met on Thursday and agreed that this is the right moment to go our separate ways," said Sheepshanks.

"The parting is entirely amicable. I would like to place on record our warm appreciation and thanks for the tremendous job Joe Royle has done."

He added: "He managed the club initially through turbulent times and built a side that reached the play-offs in two out of the last three seasons."

Royle took over at Portman Road in October 2002 but has struggled to mount another promotion assault.

He said: "I would like to thank everyone involved at Ipswich Town - the fantastic staff and the players for their support and for giving their best at all times.

"As the chairman said, we part extremely amicably and I wish the club, its staff and the supporters nothing but the very best for the future."

The club say they will seek applicants for Royle's successor "as soon as possible".

He's a good manager and I'd have liked to have seen him here.

I can't believe they wanted him out. He's done a good job in the circumstances and when they sold their top strikers (Bent and Kuqi) they were always going to struggle to repeat their previous play off finishes.

I doubt they'll get anywhere near the play offs next season either. Sheepshanks is a fool.

I can't believe they wanted him out. He's done a good job in the circumstances and when they sold their top strikers (Bent and Kuqi) they were always going to struggle to repeat their previous play off finishes.

I doubt they'll get anywhere near the play offs next season either. Sheepshanks is a fool.

He is a fool,i live in ipswich and i cannot stand royle but he has done a good job down here,the ipswich fans expect alot more than they are actually capable off

I urge Nigel Doughty to go and beg Joe Royle to manage us right now,brilliant manager,who took Oldham to the premiership and won the FA Cup with Everton,I'd love him at Forest.

What about that McParland and the other guy? When you had that *admittingly sighs* good run you couldn't stop praisingt them, but now your staying where you belong, Joe Royle should be manager?

berty, NFFC Chris has found his level, he enjoys travelling the country to places like Yeovil and Doncaster. its only right he should get an overrated manager for the ex european champs playing third division football for a second season running.

berty, NFFC Chris has found his level, he enjoys travelling the country to places like Yeovil and Doncaster. its only right he should get an overrated manager for the ex european champs playing third division football for a second season running.

Oh right!! It's all clear to me now!! :D thanks for clearing that one up for me Syston!

What about that McParland and the other guy? When you had that *admittingly sighs* good run you couldn't stop praisingt them, but now your staying where you belong, Joe Royle should be manager?

They don't the job,there's rumours of the new manager being appointed today,hopefully it's not Roy Keane,but I can see it being him :angry:

Archived