Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fosse_KC

Lennon in Palace Talks

i would love to see lennon back at the club in a player /coach role and cant belive others are saying they wouldnt have him back a true cult leicester hero. :P

He's 34 and been playing football in Scotland for the last few years, I just fear that if he came back he wouldn't be the same player he was before he went.

Guppy was class player for us (broke into the England squad) but wasn't the same when he came back and that sours the memory. Sure, Lennon was/is a better player, but we've moved on and so has he.

Lennon is undoubtedly a Leicester legend, one of my personal favourite players to have pulled on a Leicester shirt - but legends are things of history, they are made of things gone by - we need to let them lie and move forward.

Guest Gist

He's 34 and been playing football in Scotland for the last few years, I just fear that if he came back he wouldn't be the same player he was before he went.

Guppy was class player for us (broke into the England squad) but wasn't the same when he came back and that sours the memory. Sure, Lennon was/is a better player, but we've moved on and so has he.

Lennon is undoubtedly a Leicester legend, one of my personal favourite players to have pulled on a Leicester shirt - but legends are things of history, they are made of things gone by - we need to let them lie and move forward.

Good point and I agree with you I wouldn't like the thought of a legends good memories to be over shadowed by the good things he did, but there are others who will remember the good things even if he came back and was poor.

He isn't coming anyway :P

100% certain Lennon will sign a new contract with Celtic. 2 years and captain. They can't afford to let him go after losing Keane. He's putting pressure on Strachan.

I can't see him leaving Celtic either but I would have him back even if he wasn't the same player he was. If he's still half as good he would probably make our starting XI. He would be a great person to have around as a coach. Groom him up to be manager oneday!

I thought Lennon hated Taylor? I met him at a Celtic-QPR friendly the summer after he went there and he didn't seem too impressed by him. Sure I've read proper quotes in the media somewhere about it too (squad's lack of fitness, disorganisation, etc).

How depressing would it be if Taylor and Lennon pitched up together with Palace at our place this season?

IF he did leave Celtic we should def bid for him and offer coach role without doubt. People who dont think he will be as good obviously havnt seen him play for Celtic he is a top class holding midfielder, in the SPL and in EUROPE! Sure he is 34 but his game is now about positioning, i think he is a proper player.

Theres no way he will leave Celtic he is the CAPTAIN! besides loads of Prem clubs would jump at the chance for a one year contract..Bolton..Portsmouth...Wigan..ect.ect

But IF he did we must bid.. we are far from over run with Centre midfielders and are way to lightweight for my liking what a spine we would have if we did sign him and a keeper...dream on

IF he did leave Celtic we should def bid for him and offer coach role without doubt. People who dont think he will be as good obviously havnt seen him play for Celtic he is a top class holding midfielder, in the SPL and in EUROPE! Sure he is 34 but his game is now about positioning, i think he is a proper player.

Theres no way he will leave Celtic he is the CAPTAIN! besides loads of Prem clubs would jump at the chance for a one year contract..Bolton..Portsmouth...Wigan..ect.ect

But IF he did we must bid.. we are far from over run with Centre midfielders and are way to lightweight for my liking what a spine we would have if we did sign him and a keeper...dream on

Barry Ferguson was a "Top Class" midfielder for Rangers, came to Blackburn and was so crap they sent him back North of the border. Chris Sutton banged the goals in for Celtic, came to Birmingham and was so crap they released him. Mark de Vries scored goals for fun at Hearts (alledgedly), came to Leicester and was so crap we're trying to get rid of him.

Don't be fooled by these players who are amazing in Scotland .... look at the matches they play week in week out and compare the standards. I'd imagine the Championship would be just as tough as, if not tougher then, the SPL.

Lets not forget if Lennon were to come back he wouldn't have the same quality of player aound him, so he'd have to work a lot harder than he has for the last few years - has he got the legs for it at 34?

He was a quality player and quality lasts, and we are short of midfielders, so I can certainly see everyone's appeal in wanting him back ... I'm just not so sure that it'd work. If he did come back I'd like nothing more than to be proved wrong, but I just can't see it happening.

Just an opinion, that's all.

Archived