Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ilam

Radio 4 Play about Leicester City

I`ve just finished listening to a cracking play on Radio 4, titled Alf Said I Was Great, written by Colin Shindler, it tells the story of Len Farley, a fictitious Leicester City player who didn't quite make the World Cup squad in 1966, even though Alf Ramsey told him he was great. As he lies in his hospital bed after falling ill while commentating, he's visited by his son, Will, also a footballer. Despite being a lesser talent than his dad, Will drives a Ferrari and is more interested in property development than football.

Some interesting references to old and new city players..and crap local radio commentators!

Well worth a listen, it should be on the BBC`s listen again web site in a day or two, and you will be able to either listen live, or down load it, to listen on the privacy of your iPod, where knowone need ever know you are a secret Radio 4 listener.

Ian

I'll listen when I get home (no sound card on the works PC's :( ). Just one question though:

Why, in the name of all things sacred, were you listening to Radio 4??? :blink:

I'll listen when I get home (no sound card on the works PC's :( ). Just one question though:

hey nothing wrong with R4. Can't beat listening to the shipping forecast! it's so British!

'cos I find Saga Radio too hip : :blink:

Ian

Archived