Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Foxes dealt Douglas blow

From Skysports: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=40...lt+Douglas+blow

Leicester goalkeeper Rab Douglas is set to miss the start of the new season.

The Scottish international has been struggling with a shoulder problem for some time.

Douglas has not been able to feature in pre-season and he is unlikely to be fit for next week's Championship opener with Luton.

Paul Henderson is set to start in goal against Luton with Conrad Logan providing cover between the sticks.

Foxes boss Rob Kelly admitted it was a blow to lose Douglas.

"It's a shame but Paul and Conrad Logan have both done well in pre-season and that's a healthy position to be in," said Douglas.

The Scottish international has been struggling with a shoulder problem for some time.

Douglas has not been able to feature in pre-season and he is unlikely to be fit for next week's Championship opener with Luton.

Paul Henderson is set to start in goal against Luton with Conrad Logan providing cover between the sticks.

"It's a shame but Paul and Conrad Logan have both done well in pre-season and that's a healthy position to be in," said Douglas.

not really!!!!!

Fantastic its great news..

I couldnt believe it when I was reading the Mercury on the Saturday after the Sociedad game and it was saying how City have been hit with 'goalkeeper blow' and they are set to miss their number 1 goalie - talking as if he's always in our starting line up and is a great keeper.. What?! Didnt henderson make about 12 - 14 starts near the end of last season or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?? :huh:

Fantastic its great news..

I couldnt believe it when I was reading the Mercury on the Saturday after the Sociedad game and it was saying how City have been hit with 'goalkeeper blow' and they are set to miss their number 1 goalie - talking as if he's always in our starting line up and is a great keeper.. What?! Didnt henderson make about 12 - 14 starts near the end of last season or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?? :huh:

Henderson came in when Rab got crocked with a shoulder (I think) last time. Since we were under the 'don't rock the boat' strategy that RK employs, when Rab was back fitness wise, Henderson continued in goal anyway.

One thing's for sure - Henderson wasn't dropped, so he must have done more than well enough or Rab would have featured again. I'm glad Rab's out for the start, it means Henderson will probably start - and more than likely continue in goal unless he has a spectacularly bad game and gets dropped.

Henderson came in when Rab got crocked with a shoulder (I think) last time. Since we were under the 'don't rock the boat' strategy that RK employs, when Rab was back fitness wise, Henderson continued in goal anyway.

One thing's for sure - Henderson wasn't dropped, so he must have done more than well enough or Rab would have featured again. I'm glad Rab's out for the start, it means Henderson will probably start - and more than likely continue in goal unless he has a spectacularly bad game and gets dropped.

He was a bit good against Milan all that time ago!

(Yes i am following up all of your posts "lookwhaticando" simply because youre the only person other than me writing!

He was a bit good against Milan all that time ago!

(Yes i am following up all of your posts "lookwhaticando" simply because youre the only person other than me writing!

:thumbup: I'm onto you.

As far as the goalkeeper situation goes, how likely is this at the end of the season?

Henderson contact runs out, is not renewed.

Logan is considered first choice keeper, Rab his number two.

And that's it. Don't we have another keeper on the books in the academy? If so, we could probably get away with just two senior keepers in Douglas and Logan, with our Academy keeper considered the third (should the injury situation get so desperate, or if he's not ready to step up, draft someone in on loan).

Just a thought ... I'd prefer it if we kept Henderson, I think he's a decent enough keeper. If only Rab's contract was the two year one. :( Bloody SPL signings.

I'm not going to take cheap shots at Rab while he's down because, despite my long term reservations about him, he has not had a bad record with us and he always appears to try to tackle his job professionally.

But I am mightily relieved that Paul Henderson seems to have recovered from his dislocated finger and I'm much encouraged that Conrad Logan appears to have grown in stature in every way as, presumably, Henderson's understudy.

Logan's handling of high crosses at Hinckley was particularly reassuring and he kicks half as far again as Henderson. Logan was the subject of a bid by Boston after a loan spell there when he won MoM awards and Player of the Month and I think it is in his own hands whether he establishes himself as City number one sooner rather than later.

He also appears fitter and more alert than I last remember him and Mike Stowell seems to have done great work on him, as his seemed to do with the team at Hinckley too because that was the best I've seen them play for 90 minutes.

In the circumstances I wouldn't say we need another keeper. There is an Academy goallie called Carl Pentley (I think it is spelt) and he will start making an impression this year at youth and/or second team level but, by his standards of last season, I wouldn't have imagined any more than that for a year or two.

And I'd certainly not want to comment on his overall potential at this stage.

Archived