Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm Bored

If I had a million to spend it would deffo be on a left winger. Would have snatched Jay Tabb away from Coventry. Alan Quinn would be a good signing in my opinion, a good battler like Tiatto but can also see a pass, Jon Spicer from Burnely looks decent whenever ive seen him (twice !!) and even Andy Welsh I think would improve our team if he came back

Unbelievable. :o:whistle:

How can ANY poster whinge about the lack of goals in the team, and then drop the best goalscorer at the club??

As I explained in an addendum, I'm quite happy to put him back and play all the three main strikers as in Ric Flair's suggestion or even in the wayl Manwell mentioned.

The main points are, as I see it:

a) Attacking full-backs

b) Creative midfielder

c) Improving the attacker/defender balance in the team.

d) Not playing people out of position.

As I explained in an addendum, I'm quite happy to put him back and play all the three main strikers as in Ric Flair's suggestion or even in the wayl Manwell mentioned.

The main points are, as I see it:

a) Attacking full-backs

b) Creative midfielder

c) Improving the attacker/defender balance in the team.

d) Not playing people out of position.

One of these days you may actually wake up and realise just because I am one of the people who can/can be bothered to argue with you about the exact way this football club should play it's football does not mean I am the one person who embodies everything bad and everything wrong with the modern game.

Your four main points are sound and actually resemble my own concerns, however (and this is where we will always differ) I don’t see how a couple of teenagers are going to solve these problems immediately, a few signings and a bit of time will see us in a better position. This season is a mid table right off (bar a managerial masterpiece)

You are right in that I have great faith in youth - and often think older people use their age to keep them out of things longer than necessary.

But equally, I have no objection whatsoever to older players who genuinely improve our team and are fit enough to do so consistently. I quite expect Johnson to do that, for instance.

What I see no point in is paying older imports considerably more to play in our first team than young ex-Academy players who are every bit as good or even better.

Archived