Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

I'm Bored

The title of this thread has no direct link with the nature of this topic but a result of it. So apologies if it's shit.

To cheer us up. You've got £1 million to spend for Leicester.

Who would you buy. Your not allowed to purchase anymore than one player with it. Be realistic please.

I'd be interested to see who Thracian chooses. I've never, ever once seen him throw up a potential transfer target in to the ring to discuss. Is it not your style to predict and deliberate on who we should sign? Come on Thrac, don't disappoint me.

I would lob a million at David Vaughan from Crewe.

The title of this thread has no direct link with the nature of this topic but a result of it. So apologies if it's shit.

Who would you buy. Your not allowed to purchase anymore than one player with it. Be realistic please.

I'd be interested to see who Thracian chooses. I've never, ever once seen him throw up a potential transfer target in to the ring to discuss. Is it not your style to predict and deliberate on who we should sign? Come on Thrac, don't disappoint me.

Thats because he has no idea who plays football outside of the geographical area of Leicestershire......apart from Ryan Smith.

Had he not gone to Brum I would probabley have to be a Neil Dannes man. I'd be intrested to see how much Plymouth would want for Tony Calpaldi as well.

Hmm...tough one Flair but a good probing question.

I'd probably go for Koumas. We've been lacking that midfielder who can unlock the door of the defence since Muzzy left (Williams has got the ability but never seems to quite be up to it).

Quality player in this division and I bet Fryatt and Hume's goal tallies for the season would be boosted the amount of chances he would send their way.

Hmm...tough one Flair but a good probing question.

I'd probably go for Koumas. We've been lacking that midfielder who can unlock the door of the defence since Muzzy left (Williams has got the ability but never seems to quite be up to it).

Quality player in this division and I bet Fryatt and Hume's goal tallies for the season would be boosted the amount of chances he would send their way.

Danny Dichio! :ph34r:

1 million, if you are a shrewd manager could get you a fair bit of player. However I am not so I would have to say probably either Freddie Eastwood from Southend (although he has a lot to prove at a higher level but so far is a proven goalscorer) or David Nugent from Preston. I thought he had a good season for them last time out and I was impressed with his performances.

Its ashame we couldn't have got Mark Fletcher from West Ham (400,000) he would have been a decent signing.

1 million, if you are a shrewd manager could get you a fair bit of player. However I am not so I would have to say probably either Freddie Eastwood from Southend (although he has a lot to prove at a higher level but so far is a proven goalscorer) or David Nugent from Preston. I thought he had a good season for them last time out and I was impressed with his performances.

Its ashame we couldn't have got Mark Fletcher from West Ham (400,000) he would have been a decent signing.

:pinch:

1 Million? :nono:

The fake 1 mil transfere police would like to point out Koumas isn't going anywhere for less then two milion and Eastwood is rated at more then a million as Southend have already turned down a one mil offer. :D

I'd throw De Vries into the package. There's your balancing figure of £1m ;):unsure::whistle:

I have it on good authority that Thracian is actually Mark De Vries

Manwell touches on the truth. I don't really see enough of £1m or less players in action elsewhere to form a sensible opinion. I rarely watch Championship highlights and seeing people twice a year at best against City is hardly the way to make a sound judgement.

I would actually love to be a scout and then I'm quite happy I would unearth some ability like the 40-goals-a-season Irish striker I mentioned last year for, presumably, not much money.

But to tackle the question specifically, and acknowledging that Manwell would be aghast at my signing winger Ryan Smith for the £300,000 Derby paid, I don't even know that I would want to spend anything at this stage.

I'd be playing 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 with attacking full-backs and, in this system, we wouldn't need wingers and, theefore, it would be hard to buy better than what we have for £1m.

I would want to see the system working, and where any weaknesses lay before spending £1m, if I spent it at all.

Consider the team:

Logan;

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

Hammond, Johnson, Tiatto,

Porter,

Hume. O'Grady.

Subs: Maybury, Nils, Dodds, Fryatt, Hughes or Williams.

Would Lee Miller on loan from Manchester United add a bit of potency left midfield? He didn't look a bad bet when I saw him against Celtic but Tiatto provides a naturally left-footed link in defence and attack.

Archived