Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Let the hysteria intensify

I think tonight is going to force Rob to start with J-low instead of maybury. I really hope the board will allow us to bring in a loan signing for the LW position. if not, then 4-3-3.

I think 3-5-2 is quite well suited to our personnel, as suggested by the recent poll on the subject.

4-3-3 wouldn't be a bad alternative, and it seems we've used it (sort of) late in the last two games.

If it had been more effectual, perhaps we'd be using it from the go at some point.

I'd like 3-4-3 if not 3-5-2... the reason is, we can't ****ing defend, so why bother trying. Sod having a 4 man backline, it's not done it for us. Go for three centrebacks - Kisnorbo/McCarthy/(Kenton/McAuley).

Pack the midfield or shift a the balance to the front a bit, at least we'd have a chance of scoring some goals then.

I think 3-5-2 is quite well suited to our personnel, as suggested by the recent poll on the subject.

4-3-3 wouldn't be a bad alternative, and it seems we've used it (sort of) late in the last two games.

If it had been more effectual, perhaps we'd be using it from the go at some point.

I'd like 3-4-3 if not 3-5-2... the reason is, we can't ****ing defend, so why bother trying. Sod having a 4 man backline, it's not done it for us. Go for three centrebacks - Kisnorbo/McCarthy/(Kenton/McAuley).

Pack the midfield or shift a the balance to the front a bit, at least we'd have a chance of scoring some goals then.

I think 3-5-2 is just added fuel to the fire. Ok it will mean an extra man in midfield but the usual suspects will still be allowed to do nothing out wide. the thing with the tiatto is, where is his actual position? He's the only player ever that I don't actually know where he's natural at!

3-5-2 with leicester would just end up being a 3-3-2 .

lets do a 4-2-4, fock it, Elvis COG, Fryatt and Hume all free roles upfront. Merry Christmas :santa:

Right wing Low, Left Wing.. god knows... Tiatto shouldn't be in the squad, he isn't natural. At all. :P

I think 3-5-2 might serve us better with the right players.... Stearman/Sheehan as wingbacks perhaps? Hell, Tiatto might work as a wingback (I doubt it, but you never know).

Midfield three - Johnson, Weso, Hughes/Williams.

Perhaps give Williams an advanced role ahead of a central two - he might function better there, who knows?

Right wing Low, Left Wing.. god knows... Tiatto shouldn't be in the squad, he isn't natural. At all. :P

I think 3-5-2 might serve us better with the right players.... Stearman/Sheehan as wingbacks perhaps? Hell, Tiatto might work as a wingback (I doubt it, but you never know).

Midfield three - Johnson, Weso, Hughes/Williams.

Perhaps give Williams an advanced role ahead of a central two - he might function better there, who knows?

I see it like this - we have a toolbox full of tools, at the moment RK is trying to hammer nails in with screw drivers. It might work on paper, A screw driver struck at the correct velocity and angle will hammer nails for fun. Unfortunately, the chances of this coming off in reality is ...well thats say two games 0 points - nuff said..

What we've got to do is not try and hammer nails, but screw screws with the screwdriver. We haven't got wingers at the club so that's not try and play a 4-4-2 or anything that involves wide players i.e 5-3-2, 3-5-2 which would all encourage width from a defensive source.

The best thing at leicester at the moment is Fryatt, Hume, COG and Weso. If they're all fit and ready then throw them in to the mould in a 4-3-3 with Elvis itching to come of the bench.

3 in midfield. that's the way forward IMO getting width from the forward 3.

I see it like this - we have a toolbox full of tools, at the moment RK is trying to hammer nails in with screw drivers. It might work on paper, A screw driver struck at the correct velocity and angle will hammer nails for fun. Unfortunately, the chances of this coming off in reality is ...well thats say two games 0 points - nuff said..

What we've got to do is not try and hammer nails, but screw screws with the screwdriver. We haven't got wingers at the club so that's not try and play a 4-4-2 or anything that involves wide players i.e 5-3-2, 3-5-2 which would all encourage width from a defensive source.

The best thing at leicester at the moment is Fryatt, Hume, COG and Weso. If they're all fit and ready then throw them in to the mould in a 4-3-3 with Elvis itching to come of the bench.

3 in midfield. that's the way forward IMO getting width from the forward 3.

Lovin' the analogy, and I take your point.

Wide players do seem problematic for us. I still think 3-5-2 would be an improvement over the Tiatto/Maybury situation... I do take your point regarding a forward 3. Perhaps keep The Cog and Fryatt up front, with Hume sitting just behind them in a free role? He seems to do that already... I think that's got some legs.

Thing is.. there's no room for the 2006/07 player of the season, Jay Smedley :laugh: :doh:;)

Lovin' the analogy, and I take your point.

Wide players do seem problematic for us. I still think 3-5-2 would be an improvement over the Tiatto/Maybury situation... I do take your point regarding a forward 3. Perhaps keep The Cog and Fryatt up front, with Hume sitting just behind them in a free role? He seems to do that already... I think that's got some legs.

Thing is.. there's no room for the 2006/07 player of the season, Jay Smedley :laugh: :doh:;)

but wouldn't 3-5-2 still have Maybury and Tiatto playing wingbacks? the only way to get rid of them is to change any formation which encourages defensive width.

Burnley taught us a footballing lesson for 70 minutes tonight, that's how far backwards we've gone.

Nothing that was wrong last season has been put right over the Summer. We have got worse. I'm not kidding myself like I did last season in believing things will eventually turn round. Anyone with any knowledge about football can see what is wrong with the way the team went out there tonight, and Saturday. Kelly is clearly out of his depth if thats the best he can serve up.

And WTF was with O'Grady being left out the 16? If you're going to play hoofball, surely he is the ideal striker to have up there.

Wierd.

Although I didn't go tonight, I can certainly understand the momentum that is building up and questioning Rob Kelly's judgment and tactics. The Luton performance was atrocious and tonight sounded just as bad.

It seems clear that Kelly will be put under increasing pressure by both the fans and the directors if we lose again on Saturday. Although I have stuck up for him on many occasions, he needs to act on his mistakes now and realise where he is going wrong - i.e. no width, no creativity, no support to our attackers etc.

Unless Kelly admits his mistakes by dropping the likes of Maybury and Tiatto and trying to change things, his plight will be indefensible. Things are not working and it's time for a new approach - either in personnel or tactics (or both).

Come on Rob, show us that you can sort it out.

Burnley taught us a footballing lesson for 70 minutes tonight, that's how far backwards we've gone.

Nothing that was wrong last season has been put right over the Summer. We have got worse. I'm not kidding myself like I did last season in believing things will eventually turn round. Anyone with any knowledge about football can see what is wrong with the way the team went out there tonight, and Saturday. Kelly is clearly out of his depth if thats the best he can serve up.

And WTF was with O'Grady being left out the 16? If you're going to play hoofball, surely he is the ideal striker to have up there.

Wierd.

Great Galloping Penis's that was awful.

Frank Sinclair was a class above anyone else in our team. That’s how far backwards we've gone. Overall I totally agree. The whole of the midfield was rubbish apart from J-Low ( although not quite the white Pele as some sitting near me would have you believe ) Kenton and Kisnorbo played alright, although the latter had a very very dodgy 15 mins in the second half apart from that the defence was below Par, Stearmen improved from terrible to a bit poor :blink: Mcarthy also a bit poor. Hume was AWOL, Fryatt looked ok, made a few chances for himself, but he was not fantastic and can't do it all by himself.

Don’t know what else to say really. We are whack and I’ve got no idea how to rectify that, which is very bad as I normally have quite a few opinions on how to improve the team. Unless the vast majority of our players wake up and play some good football dark times are ahead.

I am worried very worried, losing football matches does not bother me everyone loses at sometime, I am not going to join the 3-5-2,4-4-3, or as we played today 6-1-1-1-1 debate. What I am going to say is if your team has'nt the same quality you have to match it with effort and hard work. I don't think any player won individual battles today apart from Josh Low when he came on, and our teamwork was dis-jointed and sparadic. The only way to put it right is for RK to throw a few T-Cups and put a rocket up the A^*e of 1 or 2 of OUR team.

Jimmy Bloomfields Blue & white Army.

I am worried very worried, losing football matches does not bother me everyone loses at sometime, I am not going to join the 3-5-2,4-4-3, or as we played today 6-1-1-1-1 debate. What I am going to say is if your team has'nt the same quality you have to match it with effort and hard work. I don't think any player won individual battles today apart from Josh Low when he came on, and our teamwork was dis-jointed and sparadic. The only way to put it right is for RK to throw a few T-Cups and put a rocket up the A^*e of 1 or 2 of OUR team.

Jimmy Bloomfields Blue & white Army.

............. :unsure: good job you haven't joined the debate.

Although I didn't go tonight, I can certainly understand the momentum that is building up and questioning Rob Kelly's judgment and tactics. The Luton performance was atrocious and tonight sounded just as bad.

It seems clear that Kelly will be put under increasing pressure by both the fans and the directors if we lose again on Saturday. Although I have stuck up for him on many occasions, he needs to act on his mistakes now and realise where he is going wrong - i.e. no width, no creativity, no support to our attackers etc.

Unless Kelly admits his mistakes by dropping the likes of Maybury and Tiatto and trying to change things, his plight will be indefensible. Things are not working and it's time for a new approach - either in personnel or tactics (or both).

Come on Rob, show us that you can sort it out.

1000000 % correct mate. Best post I have read all night

............. :unsure: good job you haven't joined the debate.

Thanks for pointing that out please delete 4-4-3 & insert 4-3-3 (I was going to play without a goalie) just to give the others a chance!!!! and I am old and it's late and other excuses when I think of them.

Archived