Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Can we survive the season?

..........................before we can no longer pay our players?

This may seem like scaremongering, but after reading certain threads on here over the past year it's not out of the question.

Maybe our season ticket sales will get us through the season, but I doubt it.

It seemed to me last night that either, many season ticket holders didn't turn up or there weren't that many turn up and pay fans!

Colin Gibson was surprised when told the attendance he thought it was at least a few thousand less than the official figure :unsure:

The thing is 16,000, 17,000, 18,000 19,000, 20,000 fans is good for a championship club (we have to remember we are a mediocre championship club at present) but im sure all our home games will be above average for the league in general. I dont ever think we'll drop below 16,000 while were in this division so you cant blame the fans weather we can survive or not.

..........................before we can no longer pay our players?

This may seem like scaremongering, but after reading certain threads on here over the past year it's not out of the question.

Maybe our season ticket sales will get us through the season, but I doubt it.

It seemed to me last night that either, many season ticket holders didn't turn up or there weren't that many turn up and pay fans!

Colin Gibson was surprised when told the attendance he thought it was at least a few thousand less than the official figure :unsure:

So did I and the people around me. 16,500/17,000 seemed the general consensus.

As somebody said on another thread, they must count all STH regardless of whether they turn up or not, this would account for the missing 2 or 3 thousand.

Yep there allowed to do that, and is the most likely answer. :thumbup: good thinking batman.

The thing is 16,000, 17,000, 18,000 19,000, 20,000 fans is good for a championship club (we have to remember we are a mediocre championship club at present) but im sure all our home games will be above average for the league in general. I dont ever think we'll drop below 16,000 while were in this division so you cant blame the fans weather we can survive or not.

Doesn't matter what the league average is or whether we get more than Coventry or whoever.

There is a figure we need to get to, be it 10,000 or 25,000, to break even and last night we didn't get close to that figure.

Doesn't matter what the league average is or whether we get more than Coventry or whoever.

There is a figure we need to get to, be it 10,000 or 25,000, to break even and last night we didn't get close to that figure.

Hopefully the board will've excercised a bit of sense and lowered it significantly from last season where it was, if my memory serves me correctly (which it probably isn't), somewhere around the 25,000 mark.

Or is that hoping a bit too much?

Either way we're probably below it already.

I reckon we'll definately survive the season, but just incase we don't , can somebody answer the question in red on my signature please :)

If we don't survive the season you wouldn't need to worry about that.

The furthest you'll have to travel to see AFC Leicester will be in the county!

LOLLLLL :clap:

You don't think we're that bad do you?? :o:blink:

I think in this thread Allen was refering to surviving financially.

If we keep getting low gate receipts below the budgeted forecast (whatever that may be) than it'll get harder and harder to stay afloat, hence the restarting as AFC Leicester if the club went bust.

' date='Aug 9 2006, 06:55 PM' post='369400']

I think in this thread Allen was refering to surviving financially.

If we keep getting low gate receipts below the budgeted forecast (whatever that may be) than it'll get harder and harder to stay afloat, hence the restarting as AFC Leicester if the club went bust.

o0o0o I get ya... We're in a lot of trouble without realising it then?

Part of the answer lies with the manager and the team he selects week by week and if I were the chairman I'd be making sure he appreciates that fact. I've mentioned many times that it's all very well being hard to beat but we're in the entertainment business.

If you try to pinch a defensive 1-0 and get stuffed there's no sympathy to be found but if you give it everything and there's goalline incidents, cracking football and plenty of shots then even if you lose, people will come again.

It's also about the personalities in your team but if it's all bland and uninteresting - and people like Ryan Smith get chucked on the scrapheap over a tantrum - there'll never be an air of anticipation.

We should also announce the team - or at least the match squad - days before the match. The commercial advantage is far better than the tactical advantage of saying nothing.

If the manager sets his stall out to attack - and sells the message to the fans then there'll soon be a bit of buzz.

The alternative is putting people in a bad mood before the game even starts - like finding out you've just had a bet on Chris O'Grady scoring first and then find out he's not even in the squad for no logical reason whatsoever.

City squad:

Henderson; Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

Low, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter, O'Grady, Fryatt, Maybury, Kenton, Johnson, Hume/Dodds, Gradel/Hammond carries some promise tactically. People know we'll be trying to play some football.

Compare that with when we started with at Luton and against Burnley and the message is totally different.

Even with an attacking side we might lose but it's the intent that counts and its certainly going to be no worse to watch than losing with eight players defending and harrassing.

Talking to fans last night both in the ground and walking to my car it wasn't the defeat made them not want to come back it was the ventureless start and bouts of head tennis that lasted 16 touches, two teams contracted into a small rctangle for every goalkick, laughably wasted free-kicks, endless unnecessary stoappages, diabolical passing, no support, no running off the ball, no hope.

You have to excite people, or try to, even if you fail in the attempt.

Another part of the answer is the ticket prices. £29 to watch last night was a rip off.

Lower the prices and change the football to win the fans back. Then make sure they enjoy their outing and talk about it to their pals.

So, there is a figure that you do not know - but absolutely, definitely can state we didn't reach it. :huh:

You a Super Dave [talking bollocks] Cameron and I demand my prize.

So, there is a figure that you do not know - but absolutely, definitely can state we didn't reach it. :huh:

Agreed - I doubt any of us on this forum know the financial projections for the club, the players wages vs the average gate receipts - and let's not forget everyone else employed by the club either.

OK - we've had a bad start to the season, but it far too early to start talking about sacking the board, the manager, the tea lady or whoever else we want to blame.

Hmmmmmm, how can you make that statement? I know what they want to meet and we were significantly short of it. They also got stung with the Real Sociadad game.

We are significantly short of what is needed, but you keep your head in the sand and we'll give you a knock when it's okay :thumbup:

Hmmmmmm, how can you make that statement? I know what they want to meet and we were significantly short of it. They also got stung with the Real Sociadad game.

We are significantly short of what is needed, but you keep your head in the sand and we'll give you a knock when it's okay :thumbup:

Will you share this golden nugget of information with the rest of us or just keep us guessing?

Will you share this golden nugget of information with the rest of us or just keep us guessing?

Amen to that. I wish he would just divulge the info.

PS. Fosse- used to live in Bicester; small world eh? :whistle:

Are you receiving care in the community? I make the statement because if you cite a spread from between 10 to 25,000 you aren't exactly saying anything. Not much change there I grant you, but I thought you may like to clarify it since it was so bold a claim. Without placing a value to anything, and a source, what are your rumours worth? Piss all.

I'll keep my head in the sand, it's nice here and it makes me feel safe. Why do you keep yours up your arse?

Amen to that. I wish he would just divulge the info.

PS. Fosse- used to live in Bicester; small world eh? :whistle:

I moved to Bicester earlier this year, but still make the seasonal journey to the Walkers!!

Small world indeed! :thumbup:

Back on subject - does anyone know the magical attendance benchmark - this guessing game is getting a bit boring now...... :yawn:

Archived