Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Jimmy Nielsen

There's an article on DR site (Danish Radio-TV) from earlier today that states how AaB's 'keeper Jimmy Nielsen is now doubting the interest from Leicester. He's supposed to come over on a trial during the winter-break in the Danish season, but he doubts their interest, with the loan signing of Taylor happening: " By now I would doubt if the interest shown by Leicester is really that serious, that I'm willing to spend time and energy on a trial over there. " **

Apparently Nielsen has expressed his feeling that he does not want to be among 'a list of keepers' going on trial. In other words, unless Leicester specifically want Nielsen, he's not leaving.

** translated as good as possible by me :unsure:

Well we might not be showing much interest now, but hopefully Pressman will be gone by the summer (and probably Walker too) so we'll need a new keeper then.

DOB: 6th August 1977

Height: 191cm (so abit more than 6 foot I think)

Weight: 90 kg (dunno how many stone that is <_< )

17 U-21 caps for Denmark

First keeper at AaB for 6 years now

He's a pretty steady keeper, slightly erratic, with lightning quick reflexes. He positions himself very well too. He has one or two shocking games per season but more often than not, he wins them games. Should be Denmark Nr. 2 but hasn't had any luck with Morten Olsen..

• 2 years later...
Longest transfer ever? :D

You have to wonder if someone at the club is responsible for keeping up our interest in Jimmy. Who could persuade MM and Martin Allen to get him in? Or is it just a coincidence that we were after him again... ?

unless allen is thinkin of usin jimmy as back up to henderson i dont know why he has brought him here, hendo made loads of match saving saves last season to keep us out of trouble i dont know why wortho kept playin logan becuz he was/is shite

You have to wonder if someone at the club is responsible for keeping up our interest in Jimmy. Who could persuade MM and Martin Allen to get him in? Or is it just a coincidence that we were after him again... ?

The only link I can think of is that Don Mackay worked in Denmark years ago and he may still have contacts in the country? That's a wild guess though.

Archived