Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Creaking gate

No, there were two games - one in the afternoon and one of the evening.

Some rushed back from Trent Bridge after the first game but still missed the first 15 minutes (and hence the 1st goal.. :( )

As regards the poor crowd, the fact is that the football in the last three seasons at the Way has been dreadful. Before Saturday our record stood at just 19 wins out of the last 67.

It's no wonder that so many have walked away. Only a sustained run of wins will tempt them back.

Yeah the slump in attendances is hardly surprising. Thats what happens when you spend your time in the lower regions of the championship.

Like it or not, football is a business and we are the kwik save of the league.

the quality of football since our return to the Championship will also be a factor. Ipswich and Norwich usually get very healthy crowds and I think this is because of the attractive exciting passing games they generally exhibit. Leicester have struggled in this area

I think moaning about ticket prices has become an old chestnut. Our prices are consistent in relation to other clubs of comparative status and league, and I would argue better value than most.

Considering the price of a season ticket is the same as a flash mobile phone everyone now has...and works out to £13 a game...I find it very hard to swallow ticket price as a reason for poor attendance. It is a combination of current & historical performance coupled with a general disaffection with football.

While season ticket sales are important to the club, they are unlikley to sell a great deal more than they have this season (maybe an extra 2000 - 3000 would in a good year). The rest of the stadium is going to be filled with non ST holders. Not everybody can justify an ST, due to work/family commitments or just not able to stump up the cash all in one go. Then your looking at £22 to get in to see a game and I'm sorry but that is alot of money to see some of the clubs in our division.

If the club really want to boost funds then they need to bring some of the casual supporters back to the ground, give them some good entertainment on the pitch and then get them to come back for another game. Going to a game is an expensive option for alot of the McDads/Saturdads out there, A trip out for Dad and a couple of kids would cost at least £ 35, add in a program, halftime drinks & snacks and your pushing £50. take along the wife/girlfriend, or have kids over 12 and suddeny your pushing £70 just in tickets, thats the same as a family ticket to Alton Towers. How many people would go to Alton Towers twice a month with the family? A trip to the cinema followed by a pizza suddenly seams good value for money.

While season ticket sales are important to the club, they are unlikley to sell a great deal more than they have this season (maybe an extra 2000 - 3000 would in a good year). The rest of the stadium is going to be filled with non ST holders. Not everybody can justify an ST, due to work/family commitments or just not able to stump up the cash all in one go. Then your looking at £22 to get in to see a game and I'm sorry but that is alot of money to see some of the clubs in our division.

If the club really want to boost funds then they need to bring some of the casual supporters back to the ground, give them some good entertainment on the pitch and then get them to come back for another game. Going to a game is an expensive option for alot of the McDads/Saturdads out there, A trip out for Dad and a couple of kids would cost at least £ 35, add in a program, halftime drinks & snacks and your pushing £50. take along the wife/girlfriend, or have kids over 12 and suddeny your pushing £70 just in tickets, thats the same as a family ticket to Alton Towers. How many people would go to Alton Towers twice a month with the family? A trip to the cinema followed by a pizza suddenly seams good value for money.

Don't even go down that route. STH's want to feel that they are getting a benefit for stumping up their hard earned cash before the season has started. Some especially so..... :rolleyes: (What a shame Lush can't reply to this....)

A creaking door hangs longest. and A creaking gate hangs long.

Possible explanation: Despite a person seeming to be infirm over many years....creaking....they very often live longer than a seemingly healthy person who may suddenly drop dead!

Possible Interpretation: Despite its defects, the quality and/or performance of a tested article is more dependable.

Possible Interpretation: The creaking calls attention to the existance and state of the door; every time it is used, it is noted and sets up an expectation of impending failure. Thus subjectively the creaking door seems to hang longest

:cry:

Then your looking at £22 to get in to see a game and I'm sorry but that is alot of money to see some of the clubs in our division.

I know how expensive it can be to entertain two kids - I've got a 5 and a 6 year old. If someone is planning on spending £70 once a month on entertainment then they could easily make three monthly payments of £100 and have season tickets for a Dad and two kids.

We are a very modest one income family and I'm a mature student. If I can afford it then most can. I'll repeat again, the club is not expensive ~ it is the cost of 'football'. This is not going to change and has been at this level for a while...therefore, it is not the cost of tickets at Citeh that is preventing people from coming. It's not 'entertainment' either. It's success.

The argument is not the level of affordability - City is affordable - IF that is what someone chooses to spend their money on. If someone believes that £22 is not the value of seeing Citeh play Colchester then fair enough...but LCFC do not dictate what teams are in the division.

Whenever a team goes through a period in one division crowds start to tail off to a hard-core of fans that are not price sensitive. Bring on a bit of achievement and the other supporters start to return.

Let me be very clear, I am not saying people should spend their money on season tickets. I'm saying attendance is directly linked to winning and so I discount arguments about cost.

the quality of football since our return to the Championship will also be a factor. Ipswich and Norwich usually get very healthy crowds and I think this is because of the attractive exciting passing games they generally exhibit. Leicester have struggled in this area

True, but also remember there is little or no competition from other sports in East Anglia.

Our attendance on saturday and other championship grounds was nothing discraceful compared to Chelea's support at the community shield. Both they and liverpool had an allocation of 25,000 each Liverpool sold out and then were estimated to have took another 10,000 giving them nearly 35,000. Chelsea were only estimated to have taken 13,000 fans.

I know it's still only pre- season and not too important but there's still a trophy at stake and world class players i.e Ballack, Shevchenko, Kalou making debuts. I ts a joke!

Our attendance on saturday and other championship grounds was nothing discraceful compared to Chelea's support at the community shield. Both they and liverpool had an allocation of 25,000 each Liverpool sold out and then were estimated to have took another 10,000 giving them nearly 35,000. Chelsea were only estimated to have taken 13,000 fans.

I know it's still only pre- season and not too important but there's still a trophy at stake and world class players i.e Ballack, Shevchenko, Kalou making debuts. I ts a joke!

That's very poor.

No doubt 50000 "lifelong" Chelsea fans will emerge if they manage to reach the Champions League final.. :rolleyes:

You're dead right and I'm chuffed to bits that Liverpool won. I hope Chelsea win sod all. They epitomise so much that is wrong with football today.

Are other clubs really any different, I seem to recall us taking 30k plus to the play off/league cup finals and I would hazard a guess that at least 10k of them hadn't seen the inside of Filbo for a good many years.

The Charity Shield has become a pretty meaningless event over the last few years and is not much more than a pre-season warm up game.

Not many footballing people these days are born or live that near to Chelsea, their catchment being made up of sons & daughters, who no longer live in Chelsea of previous Chelsea born fans plus a fair intake of foreigners, where as Liverpool support, due to their recent barren years is in the main people born in or around Liverpool.

Just my perception I have no facts to back this up, other than to say I was born within shouting distance of Stamford Bridge and I don't support them.

Just my perception I have no facts to back this up, other than to say I was born within shouting distance of Stamford Bridge and I don't support them.

We can do without glory-hunters like you supporting Leicester instead of Chelsea.

we got 18.000 agasinst ipswich! it we got tro playoff final we would get 40,000. same as a lot of teams would.

With Leicestershire CC being in the 20/20 finals day, it being holiday season and the first two results and performances being so dire, we did well to get 18,000 through the gates against ipswich. A result on friday would see the attendance rise about 3 or 4000 for the next league game on would suspect :rolleyes:

Don't even go down that route. STH's want to feel that they are getting a benefit for stumping up their hard earned cash before the season has started. Some especially so..... :rolleyes: (What a shame Lush can't reply to this....)

Sorry I dont follow your argument, are you saying not to reduce non ST prices because it will annoy ST holders?

I know how expensive it can be to entertain two kids - I've got a 5 and a 6 year old. If someone is planning on spending £70 once a month on entertainment then they could easily make three monthly payments of £100 and have season tickets for a Dad and two kids.

We are a very modest one income family and I'm a mature student. If I can afford it then most can. I'll repeat again, the club is not expensive ~ it is the cost of 'football'. This is not going to change and has been at this level for a while...therefore, it is not the cost of tickets at Citeh that is preventing people from coming. It's not 'entertainment' either. It's success.

The argument is not the level of affordability - City is affordable - IF that is what someone chooses to spend their money on. If someone believes that £22 is not the value of seeing Citeh play Colchester then fair enough...but LCFC do not dictate what teams are in the division.

Whenever a team goes through a period in one division crowds start to tail off to a hard-core of fans that are not price sensitive. Bring on a bit of achievement and the other supporters start to return.

Let me be very clear, I am not saying people should spend their money on season tickets. I'm saying attendance is directly linked to winning and so I discount arguments about cost.

Your right sucess will bring in more people, as will the attraction of playing against the top teams. People will pay to see the likes of Henry, Rooney & co, because to watch players like that on form is amazing. However we are along way from the premiership and without serious investment unlikley to get there anytime soon. In the mean time we have a small squad of, lets be honest not the most well known players in the world. Yes the club depends on the hard core fans to keep afloat, but the money generated by the 15000 or so season tickets will not provide the money to generate the success we need to attract back the casuals. Yes the Dad spending £70 a month could soon afford a season ticket, but he may not want one. So because he only wants to go to a handfull of games a season he has to be blead dry.

Were told all the time by club managment the football is now a business, so they really should start to run it like one, or admit that it isnt a business and go about running the club in the old fashioned way. If there are serious about being a business then they need to follow best business practice. When supply out strips demand, reduce prices,. Its a simple concept, British Airways high prices, few passengers, Easyjet low prices, huge numbers of passengers and profits exceeding that of BA.

In my work office I have asked around and out of about 30 people, on 2 or 3 regularly go to football matches. Over half had never been to a live game before, although they claimed to be fans of their local teams. The main reason stated by these people as to why they had never been to a game was the cost of a ticket, nobody felt that it was worth the money. If the same held true for Leicester, that could mean 50000 odd people in the city who had never been to a game before. How many of these could become future ST holders if we could get them to feel the excitment and passion of a live home game. Get hem down for 6 - 8 games over a season and we could get them hooked. We loose more suporters every year and unless we do something to get them back, I fear we never will.

Sorry I dont follow your argument, are you saying not to reduce non ST prices because it will annoy ST holders?

Apparently the club gets a load of whinging letters/emails from ST holders every time prices for any given game are cut.

That's part of the reason why we don't get so many "fans' fixtures" as we used to.

But if they were marketed properly, they could tempt a few of the missing thousands back to our club.

Apparently the club gets a load of whinging letters/emails from ST holders every time prices for any given game are cut.

That's part of the reason why we don't get so many "fans' fixtures" as we used to.

But if they were marketed properly, they could tempt a few of the missing thousands back to our club.

Let em moan. The club is faced with a fluid situation. They cannot possibly predict how results will go and therefore the gates and their job is to get as many in the ground as they can.

When I bought a season ticket it was on the basis that I was reasonably happy with the average price per game, I had my chosen seat and didn't have to hang around in the ticket office waiting for whatever seat was available at £29 a time.

If the club later see the ground half full and want to discount tickets to fill the place up then it doesn't bother me. I'm not into the envy game or the nonsense of your ticket was cheaper than mine. Some season ticket holders seem to believe that the club is their personal fiefdom, that only fans who attend every game home and away are proper fans and that everyone else can be treated with contempt.

The reality is that lots of potential supporters have family pressures or other things they can potentially be doing. City's job is to attract them and play the sort of football which might keep them coming back.

Because we won't easily survive otherwise. And I'd much rather the club collect a few more grand on cut price tickets than see all those empty seats. Besides, the club could reward the season ticket holders with an extra ticket to bring a guest along for £2 less than the subsidy rate or something. That would put even more fans on seats.

They'd probably be able to sit near em if not next to them judging by all the spaces available at the Ipswich game.

Archived