Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Creaking gate

Let em moan. The club is faced with a fluid situation. They cannot possibly predict how results will go and therefore the gates and their job is to get as many in the ground as they can.

When I bought a season ticket it was on the basis that I was reasonably happy with the average price per game, I had my chosen seat and didn't have to hang around in the ticket office waiting for whatever seat was available at £29 a time.

If the club later see the ground half full and want to discount tickets to fill the place up then it doesn't bother me. I'm not into the envy game or the nonsense of your ticket was cheaper than mine. Some season ticket holders seem to believe that the club is their personal fiefdom, that only fans who attend every game home and away are proper fans and that everyone else can be treated with contempt.

The reality is that lots of potential supporters have family pressures or other things they can potentially be doing. City's job is to attract them and play the sort of football which might keep them coming back.

Because we won't easily survive otherwise. And I'd much rather the club collect a few more grand on cut price tickets than see all those empty seats. Besides, the club could reward the season ticket holders with an extra ticket to bring a guest along for £2 less than the subsidy rate or something. That would put even more fans on seats.

They'd probably be able to sit near em if not next to them judging by all the spaces available at the Ipswich game.

As the holder 2 season tickets I agree

Let em moan. The club is faced with a fluid situation. They cannot possibly predict how results will go and therefore the gates and their job is to get as many in the ground as they can.

When I bought a season ticket it was on the basis that I was reasonably happy with the average price per game, I had my chosen seat and didn't have to hang around in the ticket office waiting for whatever seat was available at £29 a time.

If the club later see the ground half full and want to discount tickets to fill the place up then it doesn't bother me. I'm not into the envy game or the nonsense of your ticket was cheaper than mine. Some season ticket holders seem to believe that the club is their personal fiefdom, that only fans who attend every game home and away are proper fans and that everyone else can be treated with contempt.

The reality is that lots of potential supporters have family pressures or other things they can potentially be doing. City's job is to attract them and play the sort of football which might keep them coming back.

Because we won't easily survive otherwise. And I'd much rather the club collect a few more grand on cut price tickets than see all those empty seats. Besides, the club could reward the season ticket holders with an extra ticket to bring a guest along for £2 less than the subsidy rate or something. That would put even more fans on seats.

They'd probably be able to sit near em if not next to them judging by all the spaces available at the Ipswich game.

Well said. Makes me angry when people think they should be able to dictate the prices the club can set. If you can't bring yourself to see more money into the club as a good thing, that is very sad indeed. Those pesky kids down their paid less than me!!! Little B*&*&*&S! :P

Spot on.

Well if we all agree, who are the moaners...??

Dare they show their faces on here!??? :whistle:

Probably not - i'm not a season ticket holder but agree more could be done to attract casual supporters through cheaper tickets. However i do think the new premium membership is good value for money compared to the standard membership and have took up this option.

Archived