Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Creaking gate

I never realised - 18,820 was reportedly the smallest ever attendance for a League game at the Walkers Stadium.

It also looked again as if the season ticket holders were all being counted because there didn't look like even that many in the ground. It was quite startling really to see so many empty spaces although I may get a different impression on other weeks from my usual vantage point in the West Stand.

Hopefully the manner of our first League win will help to arrest the slide it is worrying and would be even without our precarious finances.

I never realised - 18,820 was reportedly the smallest ever attendance for a League game at the Walkers Stadium.

It also looked again as if the season ticket holders were all being counted because there didn't look like even that many in the ground. It was quite startling really to see so many empty spaces although I may get a different impression on other weeks from my usual vantage point in the West Stand.

Hopefully the manner of our first League win will help to arrest the slide it is worrying and would be even without our precarious finances.

Fingers crossed, hopefully winning it should encourage more fans down to the ground. Some season ticket holders may also be on holiday :unsure:

Fingers crossed, hopefully winning it should encourage more fans down to the ground. Some season ticket holders may also be on holiday :unsure:

You'd have to hope this is true because the two home crowds so far this term have been disgraceful

Hopefully, early August is a prime time for holidays.

Or are we just clutching at straws here?

A win can only be good though.

Wolves only got 17,000 though it was on sky and a Friday night. It seems that most Championship clubs attendances are on the slide this season

You're probably right but it's no comfort. Does anyone think there's a post World Cup fallout, so to speak?

You're probably right but it's no comfort. Does anyone think there's a post World Cup fallout, so to speak?

Yes, a realisation that the constantly over-hyped game simply fails to deliver the advertised level of excitement.

That said, our first home game last season pulled 20519 which isn't a mile away from this seasons. The second game (on the back of a win) pulled 21879. This season we dipped the other way from a loss, which would infer we are going to run at about 1,500 less per game based on similar performances...assuming one can make predictions on this little data!

There seems to be a malaise in attendance across divisions, and pre-season ticket sales have been hit in all but a few clubs outside the Premiership. I am trying to source the information I base this on but am having dfficulty tracking it down. If anyone has something more concrete I'd be delighted to read it.

How much was it to watch leicester v burnley on a tuesday or leicester v ipswich, over £20 for adults, its a alot of money for the standard were playing at.

I don't know how you can claim that when we are one of the cheapest in the division and cheaper than a load of clubs below us...even to see The Cobblers would set you back £19.00 in the main stand. Just look at the prices Forest are charging!

I think moaning about ticket prices has become an old chestnut. Our prices are consistent in relation to other clubs of comparative status and league, and I would argue better value than most.

Considering the price of a season ticket is the same as a flash mobile phone everyone now has...and works out to £13 a game...I find it very hard to swallow ticket price as a reason for poor attendance. It is a combination of current & historical performance coupled with a general disaffection with football.

The numbers are poor but if you compare the numbers to the crowds we got at filbert st they are not that bad (which is the last time we had a sustained period in this division). The fans I think are beginning to realsie that we are likely to be in this division for a few seasons, your glory fans can usually stand a season in the cahmpionship as long as you are battering teams but after that they will melt away.

Wolves only got 17,000 though it was on sky and a Friday night. It seems that most Championship clubs attendances are on the slide this season

Yeah.. I was watching the highlights on ITV last night and most of the championship grounds looked at best half empty... strange :huh:

I don't know how you can claim that when we are one of the cheapest in the division and cheaper than a load of clubs below us...even to see The Cobblers would set you back £19.00 in the main stand. Just look at the prices Forest are charging!

I think moaning about ticket prices has become an old chestnut. Our prices are consistent in relation to other clubs of comparative status and league, and I would argue better value than most.

Considering the price of a season ticket is the same as a flash mobile phone everyone now has...and works out to £13 a game...I find it very hard to swallow ticket price as a reason for poor attendance. It is a combination of current & historical performance coupled with a general disaffection with football.

Exactly. If we were to get the results, the attendances will increase regardless of price.

Exactly. If we were to get the results, the attendances will increase regardless of price.

Look it is a two way deal, the club must realize that to attract the fan/supporters to the ground the team must play attacking and attractive football. I believe the attendance is not just based on price but on team performances as well. If the team play attractive attacking football, win or lose the fans will watch, play poor and they stay away! Fact. :(

Look it is a two way deal, the club must realize that to attract the fan/supporters to the ground the team must play attacking and attractive football. I believe the attendance is not just based on price but on team performances as well. If the team play attractive attacking football, win or lose the fans will watch, play poor and they stay away! Fact. :(

Exactly. And the chances of getting consistently good results with eight defenders in the team is like expecting Muffin the Mule to win the Grand National.

And if we were to be relegated? Would the crowds be flocking in despite our position, if we made the Brazil of the 70's look like a bunch of hoofers?

I don't think so.

Results.

Exactly. And the chances of getting consistently good results with eight defenders in the team is like expecting Muffin the Mule to win the Grand National.

Is'nt Muffin the Mule a sex crime? I know that Dobbin the Donkey is!!! :whistle:

Fact =/= your opinion. Which is what you've just served up. A clue being in the preface, 'I believe.'

It seems to me, especially at Leicester, 'fans' come to watch wins regardless of what dour fare is served up.

We might be relegated playing like that. Nothing is impossible.

But it's a damn sight less likely than the way we played against Luton and Burnley and Real Sociedad.

The only advantage of those tactics is that gradually there'd be hardly any one left to witness our demise.

Just a few fans who seem to love the dark side and would defend dour football to the end (of our club, very likely).

You'd have to hope this is true because the two home crowds so far this term have been disgraceful

Did you see Accrington Stanley's Opening gates back in the football league :blink: :eek: Now thats disgracefull

Did you see Accrington Stanley's Opening gates back in the football league :blink: :eek: Now thats disgracefull

Or Colchester's. The first time they've ever made it to the Championship and they can't even fill their tiny ground.

When you look at The Ipswich Game, i would say that was a good gate,

becasue when you look at other teams who have played 2 home game their second match is usally greatly less than the first.

Take So'ton for example 24'000 for first game and dropped to 21000 for second game.

Cardiff - 18000 for first game 13000 for second game

We only dropped 200, so considering thats not too bad :P:)

On that bad side we, so far, have dropped 15% on last season's attendence, which is not the worst in the league Wolves have had a drop of 23%, whilst Cardiff have seen The largest increase. Overall attendences are up by over 1.5%. :cool:

i was surprised the gate was about 18,000, thought it was more 20,000. Not bad atmosphere. But if they had made the walkers staduim more close to the pitch, not 32,000, but more 26,000, and kop next to the away fans, then atmosphere would have been better.

Was in the local hero pub before game and it was not as full as usual. any one else notice

i was surprised the gate was about 18,000, thought it was more 20,000. Not bad atmosphere. But if they had made the walkers staduim more close to the pitch, not 32,000, but more 26,000, and kop next to the away fans, then atmosphere would have been better.

Was in the local hero pub before game and it was not as full as usual. any one else notice

cricket?

Archived