Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

PLAYER SPONSORSHIP

On reading the match programme on Saturday, I note that several first team players are without sponsorship deals.

Although this sorry state of affairs highlights just how inept the commercial side of the club have been during the summer, it gives us the chance to raise the profile of this board, and at the same time put some money into our club.

Do folk think it's a good idea, and if so, how much would you be prepared to cough up? The sponsorship rate for youth players is £150, so I'd imagine that for senior players would be a tad higher.

But if enough posters were interested, it could be worth a go.

On reading the match programme on Saturday, I note that several first team players are without sponsorship deals.

Although this sorry state of affairs highlights just how inept the commercial side of the club have been during the summer, it gives us the chance to raise the profile of this board, and at the same time put some money into our club.

Do folk think it's a good idea, and if so, how much would you be prepared to cough up? The sponsorship rate for youth players is £150, so I'd imagine that for senior players would be a tad higher.

But if enough posters were interested, it could be worth a go.

I noticed this too. Sounds like a good idea depending on how much it would cost.

Perhaps we should sponsor some youth?

Alan Sheehan or Levi Porter anyone? :P:)

If we had a bit of a whip around we could probably find 150 quid, wether we could find any more (ie. enough for a first team player) is anyone's guess.

Sheehan and Porter are members of the first team squad so I'd imagine they'd cost as much as sponsoring a Matty Fryatt or Iain Hume if either of them are still available.

I think Tim Davies should sponsor the entire Academy set-up from his salary. I do my bit trying to get some of em into the team in the face of isolated but pointed scepticism, often from people who've hardly ever watched them. However, that said, I probably would make a contribution if something were organised.

Seriously though does anyone know the rate for sponsoring a senior player?

I work in marketing and I could possibly fit this in my advertising budget for my company. The club phoned me a few weeks back about an advertising board on the north stand and wanted £995 +vat for 12 months!

I'd be happy to put down a few bob or two to sponsor a Leicester player.

It also makes me think if we can't find a big investor to take over the club then 10,000 small investors would be great, leave the current spods in charge of the day to day stuff and have a player investment fund. If everyone put in £100 you could buy two good players (500K each). You could even say that if the player is sold on, the proceeds go back to repaying the original investors (i,e the fans, perhaps as free tickets, kits etc) It is unlikely to happen but that would be real fan power for you. If you had 'invested' in hume, fryatt you would be pretty happy right now obviously it could all go a bit Akinbyi but it is not really a proper investment, more an interest free loan.

anyway I'll stop day dreaming and get back to work

Where does this money go to??

Does it go into the blackhole of LCFC, or does it go into the already huge, pockets of the players??

It would go to the club.

If done properly it would have been a good move.

But when half the squad fail to attract a sponsor, it doesn't send out a very positive message.

This sounds like a good idea, I'd be willing to put some money forward. If Foxes_Trust is around I'm sure he could find out how much it would cost for first-team players.

£1,400 is the rate for first team players, however if there are enough people interested we may be able to arrange a special fans rate with the club, as the rates are based on benefits to business of association with the club

If somebody is taking the lead on this one. then please PM us & I'll explain more off the message board

Archived