Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Tim Davies

I see Niall Quinn has said "Leicester took an age to get back to us when we enquired on Maybury, EVENTUALLY saying yes - but our interest has now cooled". Wasn't Tim Davies in 'charge' of negotiations ? Sounds like he has missed the chance of selling Maybury and getting RK some money to spend ?!

Perhaps Tim should have moved a bit quicker, but perhaps we're not all that keen on selling.

It could also be a negotiating ploy on the Sunderland end, trying to get us to lower our price a little. If Sunderland came in at 250, and we asked for 500 when we said yes, Sunderland offered less - but more than the original 250, then Tim will have done his job well, by extracting more cash than Sunderland were originally planning to spend.

We won't know if we can blame Tim for a cockup until it's settled one way or another, at the minute it's sorta lingering without any real conclusion.

although alot of people on here don't rate Maybury and his performances on the right of midfield have been average at best i think that £250k is a derisory figure and we will struggle to find a decent left winger for that money. So I think that Davies would be right to hold out for more cash so that we could atleast strengthen the squad with a new signing rather than just deplete it with the sale of Maybury.

Archived