Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nebdingo

City hoping to pile on the agony for sky blues fans

Two defeats in a row and supporters restless at the sale of their star player, it looks like an opportune time for Leicester City to be taking on local rivals Coventry.

Tensions are likely to be high at the Ricoh Arena tonight, where many supporters are angry at the departure of Gary McSheffrey to Birmingham.

Indeed, Paul Fletcher, the Coventry managing director, is braced for hostility from some sections of the crowd.

"There will probably be a few fans who will use the game to voice their frustrations but I won't shy away from the criticism," he said.

"In fact, more than 60 per cent of messages I have received directly from fans say they support the decision to sell Gary and understand our reasons for doing so.

"I understand why some fans are angry but, like I said, some are very happy.''

He added: "While I'm sure some will give us some flak, I'm equally sure the majority of fans will be on our side, and those who aren't yet will come round in time."

With such potential divisions it could be an ideal time to visit, with City looking to make capital from any backlash.

However, Robert Kelly's men will have to make sure they are not on the receiving end themselves as their hosts begin life without their main goal threat.

Comparisons could be drawn with City's own situation last season when leading striker David Connolly was sold to Wigan.

There were worries then about where City's goals would come from without Connolly.

But City went on to record a resounding 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the very next game to silence critics - and they will be wary of such a response from their hosts tonight.

Regardless of the personnel, City take on a team who have turned their new home into something resembling a fortress.

Coventry have lost just once at the Ricoh Arena in 17 games, that defeat coming against Preston last season. They started their home campaign this season with a 2-1 win against relegated Sunderland, the winning goal coming from the now departed McSheffrey.

But Coventry have yet to beat City in six games since being relegated from the Premiership in 2001.

The Sky Blues are likely to be without defenders Adam Virgo, who suffered a partial rupture of his anterior ligament against Cardiff, and David McNamee, who sustained a slight hamstring tear in the 1-0 defeat at Ninian Park.

Midfielder Jay Tabb is also doubtful after an abdominal strain forced him to return early from Republic of Ireland Under-21 duty, while centre-back Robert Page (back) remains sidelined along with forward Wayne Andrews (ankle).

Source

do you ever post your own thoughts or just cut and paste from football websites?

Well I apologise for passing on information on Leicester City, On a Leicester City Forum!! Not all people read the same websites you know!!

but as it offends you, I'll stop! jeeez!

Two defeats in a row and supporters restless at the sale of their star player, it looks like an opportune time for Leicester City to be taking on local rivals Coventry.

Tensions are likely to be high at the Ricoh Arena tonight, where many supporters are angry at the departure of Gary McSheffrey to Birmingham.

Indeed, Paul Fletcher, the Coventry managing director, is braced for hostility from some sections of the crowd.

"There will probably be a few fans who will use the game to voice their frustrations but I won't shy away from the criticism," he said.

"In fact, more than 60 per cent of messages I have received directly from fans say they support the decision to sell Gary and understand our reasons for doing so.

"I understand why some fans are angry but, like I said, some are very happy.''

He added: "While I'm sure some will give us some flak, I'm equally sure the majority of fans will be on our side, and those who aren't yet will come round in time."

With such potential divisions it could be an ideal time to visit, with City looking to make capital from any backlash.

However, Robert Kelly's men will have to make sure they are not on the receiving end themselves as their hosts begin life without their main goal threat.

Comparisons could be drawn with City's own situation last season when leading striker David Connolly was sold to Wigan.

There were worries then about where City's goals would come from without Connolly.

But City went on to record a resounding 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday in the very next game to silence critics - and they will be wary of such a response from their hosts tonight.

Regardless of the personnel, City take on a team who have turned their new home into something resembling a fortress.

Coventry have lost just once at the Ricoh Arena in 17 games, that defeat coming against Preston last season. They started their home campaign this season with a 2-1 win against relegated Sunderland, the winning goal coming from the now departed McSheffrey.

But Coventry have yet to beat City in six games since being relegated from the Premiership in 2001.

The Sky Blues are likely to be without defenders Adam Virgo, who suffered a partial rupture of his anterior ligament against Cardiff, and David McNamee, who sustained a slight hamstring tear in the 1-0 defeat at Ninian Park.

Midfielder Jay Tabb is also doubtful after an abdominal strain forced him to return early from Republic of Ireland Under-21 duty, while centre-back Robert Page (back) remains sidelined along with forward Wayne Andrews (ankle).

Source

Which means it won't happen. And to put the kiss of death on it even more, I read on text that we hadn't lost to Coventry this decade. Who wins? The players will decide!

Well I apologise for passing on information on Leicester City, On a Leicester City Forum!! Not all people read the same websites you know!!

but as it offends you, I'll stop! jeeez!

ignore it , i think its good to pass things on , as you say we don't all read lots of otheres , this is like a one-stop shop :thumbup:

Archived