Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nebdingo

City say 'no'!

Leicester City have turned down "significant" bids for some of their players, it was revealed last night.

Chief executive Tim Davies told supporters that there was no money to buy new players before the August 31 transfer deadline.

But he said that City's finances were in order and that there was no pressure on manager Robert Kelly to sell.

Revealing that the club had already turned down "significant" offers for unnamed players, Davies said: "If we get a stupid offer for someone we might say 'yes', because we have to maximise our return.

"We have had offers - I won't mention players - for significant sums and said 'no'.

"Hopefully, we have players who other clubs want. If they do want them, it means we are doing well.

"We are a club that is under-performing at the moment but, if we can get back into the Premiership, we are one of the biggest clubs in the country.

"We may not have a Madejski or an Abramovic but we have passionate supporters and a stadium that will be full, and there's a lot to be said for that."

Davies was speaking at a public meeting at the Walkers Stadium attended by about 30 people.

Asked if there was money for new players, Davies said: "The answer is no but we are doing whatever we can to help Robert.

"We set out a strategy within a budget at the beginning of the year. We listened to him and what he wanted and he has brought in players he wants.

"If we had a good cup run or crowds were up then all that money goes to Robert. Our biggest source of income is ticketing."

One supporter said the board had failed to invest in new players, claiming that was partly the reason for smaller attendances.

"The perception of a lot of supporters is that the club are not prepared to speculate to accumulate," he said.

But Davies said the club had to operate within its means and was not prepared to risk going into administration again.

He added that of the players who played in the final 16 games of last season when relegation was avoided, only midfielder Joey Gudjonsson had departed while Andy Johnson, Josh Low, Gareth McAuley and Darren Kenton had all been added.

Source

He added that of the players who played in the final 16 games of last season when relegation was avoided, only midfielder Joey Gudjonsson had departed while Andy Johnson, Josh Low, Gareth McAuley and Darren Kenton had all been added.

Not entirely true. Gerrbrand played a few times because of suspensions.

Otherwise it was a fairly accurate account of what happened last night.

I know one of the players was the subject of a VERY generous bid by a Premiership side during the close season. It may explain why he has had an unsettled start to the season..

I know one of the players was the subject of a VERY generous bid by a Premiership side during the close season. It may explain why he has had an unsettled start to the season..

who might that be?

Yes, share your knowledge pleeeze!! :huh:

"We may not have a Madejski or an Abramovic but we have passionate supporters and a stadium that will be full, and there's a lot to be said for that."

Dont worry tim, i'll raid my piggy bank, come folks, lets all dig in :D tim, why arnt you digging in?

"We set out a strategy within a budget at the beginning of the year. We listened to him and what he wanted and he has brought in players he wants.

Has he brought in all the players he realisticly can get?

"If we had a good cup run or crowds were up then all that money goes to Robert. Our biggest source of income is ticketing."

Unless you can get "silly money"...

Archived