Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Gareth McCauley

I thought he started off very slowly but grew in confidence as the game went on.

He is pretty decnt in the air but for someone his height should be better, he isn't the quickest either but i think his reading of the game and positonal sense is very good.

He does a lot of good covering work which i also noticed tonight.

Without wanting to sound pedantic, there's only one c in McAuley. :thumbup:

He sounded competent enough at the back. Based on tonight's performance, I wouldn't be too concerned if he stepped in to replace Kisnorbo/McCarthy.

I think Kenton is quite useful for playing in the RB/LB positions, and he's a decent enough CB too - but I think if we had to replace a CB, I'd put McAuley in, and keep Kenton on the right or left of the defence.

I'd like to see McAuley get a small run of games in the league to see if he's up to it.

I thought he started off very slowly but grew in confidence as the game went on.

He is pretty decnt in the air but for someone his height should be better, he isn't the quickest either but i think his reading of the game and positonal sense is very good.

i saw him at boston and he went the other way there; we started well and got worse. hardly heard him mentioned last night.

Exactly my impression. His control was also quite silky for a centre-back.

It's that lack of pace is what worries me.

All defenders make mistakes. But people like Kisnorbo are quick enough to sometimes put em right.

I didn't really think he looked up to much to be honest. He was beaten a couple of times by Macclesfield players and he looked horribly one footed to me.

Maybe it was just a case of him not being too confident yet, but I don't think I'd be that happy if he stepped up to replace either Paddy M or K.

I thought he was on a par with McCarthy who wasn't particularly special considering the opposition, both misjudged the flight of the ball on a number of occasions, both put Logan under unneccessary pressure with under hit back passes. In fact on reflection, from a defensive perspective I thought he shaded McCarthy who still hits far too many aimless long balls and gives away far more free kicks with his Dabizas impressions.

Archived