Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

1989/90 update for football manager 2006

Thought some people might like to try this, only found it yesterday, and although it does have it's flaws, I still think it's a very comprehensive update and has made fm really fun again. Joachim is 14, Gary Lineker is playing for Tottenham, it's brilliant. The author deserves alot of credit for his work. Find the link on page 4 as that's the one that works.

It is a trip back to English football's bad, old days, before Premier League, all seater stadia and luxurious foreigners totally changed the experience of the game. By extracting these files into your db folder, it offers the possibility to manage English clubs that have their authentic 1989 squads in the game, like Liverpool with Rush, Grobbelaar, Houghton, Arsenal with Merson, Adams, Smith, Wimbledon with Fashanu, Segers, Wise, and so on. Even Maidstone have their full squad as of 1989. All data in the English league have been tried adopted to the realistic settings of 1989; managers and players with their abilities and reputations, clubs with their stadia and kits, even the weather conditions have been changed.

Thought some people might like to try this, only found it yesterday, and although it does have it's flaws, I still think it's a very comprehensive update and has made fm really fun again. Joachim is 14, Gary Lineker is playing for Tottenham, it's brilliant. The author deserves alot of credit for his work. Find the link on page 4 as that's the one that works.

Maidstone!!!!!

Sounds brilliant, always wanted something like this for FM but as I'm currently beta testing FM2007 I won't get a chance to play it.

I'm still hoping SI find away to convert the database from old CM2 games to FM, however it's doubtful.

I did play CM2 97/98 the other day, Leicester in the PL and europe. I had the likes of Izzet, Lennon, Savage, Heskey, Claridge, Cottee, Marshall, Keller, Guppy, Walsh, Parker and Elliott. I then went and signed Diego Maradona! :D He finished top scorer and always scored when we most needed it. We fnished 8th, got to the League Cup final (lost on penalties to Liverpool) and got to the UEFA Cup semi-finals.

Ahhh nostalgia.

What is Leicesters squad?

Goalkeepers

Martin Hodge

Carl Muggleton

Defenders

Paul Ramsey

Tony Spearing

Allan Evens

Steve Walsh :cool:

Ally Mauchlen

Simon Morgan

Pat Gavin

Alan Paris

Tony James

Midfielders

Gary McAllister (by far the best player in the squad)

Tommy Wright

Attacking Midfielder/Forwards

Paul Kitson

Paul Reid

Kevin Russell

Strikers

Wayne Clarck

Marc North

Manager: David Pleat

The youth team consists of players such as Russell Hoult, Julian Joachim, Scott Oakes, Ian Baraclough and quite a few more.

Goalkeepers

Martin Hodge

Carl Muggleton

Defenders

Paul Ramsey

Tony Spearing

Allan Evens

Steve Walsh :cool:

Ally Mauchlen

Simon Morgan

Pat Gavin

Alan Paris

Tony James

Midfielders

Gary McAllister (by far the best player in the squad)

Tommy Wright

Attacking Midfielder/Forwards

Paul Kitson

Paul Reid

Kevin Russell

Strikers

Wayne Clarck

Marc North

Manager: David Pleat

The youth team consists of players such as Russell Hoult, Julian Joachim, Scott Oakes, Ian Baraclough and quite a few more.

Team looks a bit devoid of midfielders :P

how does this affect any game you have saved on fm2006? do you lose them all when it goes all retro on your ass? i'm wales manager and NEWI ceffin druids (SP) manager at the mo and don't wanna lose it

You won't lose the game, nothing will change about it.

Remember to backup your current database or else you won't be able to start a new game without it being retro.

how does one do that? :blush:

Go to your FM directory (normally c:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2006) then go to data/db. Copy all the files in there and paste them somewhere else.

Then when you install the update you can always revert back.

Archived