Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

deadline day

Unless someone plans to buy one of our players, there'll be no incoming players.

Who would be the one being bought is anyone's guess - I don't think any of them are particularly at risk of being bought.

Fryatt might have been heading for the exit if he'd done a Connolly by this time, but he hasn't.

Kisnorbo was recently rumoured to be eyed up by Premiership teams, but he signed a new contract with us - so we're keen on keeping him.

Stearman was rumoured (and actually bid on) but he's been cack lately so that's probably gone out the window.

Maybury was offered on, but that's probably dead now that Keane is coming in as Sunderland manager.

Anyone else?

Are you forgetting that deadline day doesn't apply to Championship clubs??? Only the rich Prem boys

Not true from the horses mouth, so to speak

DavieG

With the exception of those clubs involved in Play-Off matches players can be transferred from midnight on the last day of the immediately preceding season and ending at 5pm on the 31st August. Then from midniught on the 31st December and ending at 5pm on the 31st January following.

Also, players cannot be transferred after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March each playing season.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Patricia Brown

Customer Services

The Football League Limited

www.football-league.co.uk

Are you forgetting that deadline day doesn't apply to Championship clubs??? Only the rich Prem boys

The deadline is very real for us - beyond that deadline, we can't do any proper transfers.

As we're in the football league, we can still sign players on loan during the season (until about March 20th or something). Premiership clubs can't sign loan players after the transfer window closes - unless in exceptional cicumstances (they've got no goalkeepers available, for instance). That's where the transfer window difference is - loans are permitted in the League, but not the Premiership, during the period between transfer windows.

:thumbup:

They can still be loaned though can't they. After the 31st i think we can't buy players but we can loan players, because last season we brought in Smith after august didnt we?

Yes we can loan players beyond the deadline - as I posted above.

You can sign players on loan at any time up until the last week of March. After that point it's strictly emergency loans only. Boston used the emergency loan facility to secure Logan on loan for a week (later extended) to provide cover for the goalkeeper who was injured, and I think the other keeper they had was recalled... I forget.

Archived