Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Academy Coach joins Sunderland.

It is bad news he has helped a few players come through the ranks (Fairly good players too) but I can't blame him for taking promotion.

Tut ... Your not a true supporter!! Tony Loughlan JUDAS :mad::whistle:

Not really best luck to him.

well he must have been doing something right to take such a step as that. Promoted from a youth team coach to assistant manager at a club of a similar size. Makes you wonder why we didnt promote him. Hopefully we received enough compensation so that he can be replaced with someone of an equal standard.

well he must have been doing something right to take such a step as that. Promoted from a youth team coach to assistant manager at a club of a similar size. Makes you wonder why we didnt promote him. Hopefully we received enough compensation so that he can be replaced with someone of an equal standard.

I think he's known Roy Keane for a while and Keano obviously wanted him.

I'm sure he deserves most of the credit for Stearman, porter and O'Grady coming through the ranks and into RK's plan's :thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah i hope RK brings in someone as the academy looks like the clubs only source of future income!! :cry::cry:

Tut ... Your not a true supporter!! Tony Loughlan JUDAS :mad::whistle:

WTF are you on about?

Academy Coach which i'm sure is rewarding or Head Coach? Hmmmmmmmm hard decision to make ah? :rolleyes:

How is he a judas? Did he come out and make silly comments about how he is trying so hard for the club or he is going nowhere? No.

When players come out make silly comments or at the end of the season saying "Yeah i'm going nowhere" then turn there back that when there a Judas in my eyes.

Because Mike Stowell is doing an adequate job thank-you very much! Even has fights with the opposing teams manager for added entertainment! :thumbup:

Because Mike Stowell is doing an adequate job thank-you very much! Even has fights with the opposing teams manager for added entertainment! :thumbup:

I wasnt referring to Stowell i think hes a great assistant aswell more thinking of the guy we brought in from Bury (Ian Atkins?) to be first team coach. Maybe we could have appointed from in house

I wasnt referring to Stowell i think hes a great assistant aswell more thinking of the guy we brought in from Bury (Ian Atkins?) to be first team coach. Maybe we could have appointed from in house

But why fix something thats not broke? Tony Loughland obviously knew the Academy set up and he knew it well, recently a few decent youths have come through the ransk and as said earlier in the thread i'm sure this is partly down to Loughlan, He was already there doing a good job in the academy so we got a new coach in.

But why fix something thats not broke? Tony Loughland obviously knew the Academy set up and he knew it well, recently a few decent youths have come through the ransk and as said earlier in the thread i'm sure this is partly down to Loughlan, He was already there doing a good job in the academy so we got a new coach in.

well its broke now isnt it. My suggestion is if he is that good then he should be rewarded by promotion. We have ended up losing him now to one of our rivals and that is never good

I think you may be misjudging his status at the LCFC Youth Academy Team which consists of, in order of seniority or at least as in the programme Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole, Trevor Peake, Tony Loughlin plus 7 others.

So probably 4 in line and certainly behind Jon Rudkin & Steve Beaglehole.

well its broke now isnt it. My suggestion is if he is that good then he should be rewarded by promotion. We have ended up losing him now to one of our rivals and that is never good

As said earlier in the thread though;

I think he's known Roy Keane for a while and Keano obviously wanted him.

Its swings and roundabouts, If we promoted him ourselves we may have still lost him and then we'd have replaced the academy coach AND needed to replace a first team coach, if we left him where he was we have still lost him.

I think you may be misjudging his status at the LCFC Youth Academy Team which consists of, in order of seniority or at least as in the programme Jon Rudkin, Steve Beaglehole, Trevor Peake, Tony Loughlin plus 7 others.

So probably 4 in line and certainly behind Jon Rudkin & Steve Beaglehole.

Anybody listening, he wasn't that much of a bigwig anyway.

Anybody listening, he wasn't that much of a bigwig anyway.

I had no idea our Academy had more coaches than the rest of the club itself. :P

If we have 'at least 7 others' as well as Rudkin, Beaglehole and that other fella, we probably won't bother replacing him. Surely we can survive with 10 or more coaches. :blink:

Just shows you how little I know about the Academy (and how little our club website tells us about the Academy) :sweating::blush::thumbup:

Rudkin, Beaglehole and Peake are better known but I don't think that makes the latter two any more or less important than this Loughlan bloke. Anyone involved with the academy has helped the young lads at some stage of their development. Just because the coaches involved with the under 18 stage of development get more mentions in the media than those that work with younger age groups doesn't make their work any more important. Today's under 16s well be next year's scholars for example.

Archived