Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Academy Coach joins Sunderland.

On the subject of academy, anyone know how long it will be beofre the likes of Chambers & Gradel will be in and around the first team?

The perennial 'when are Gradel/Chambers going to be in the mix' question. ;)

I think consensus is that, presently, Chambers is highly unlikely to appear this year, while Gradel may break thru onto the bench in times of (injury/suspension) crisis. Hope was that he'd make the Macclesfield game, but that didn't happen - so chances are he won't make it this year, but he stands a better chance than Chambers at this time.

Just from memory of recent posts on the matter. A quick search will tell you all you need to know (and more) about these two ;):P:D

I'm fairly sure RK has high hopes for Gradel but the purchase of Jo Low suggested he didn't expect him to be first choice for a while yet.

And indeed, Low has categorically improved our performance down the right flank by delivering a decent selection of crosses from good positions with admittedly modest outcome.

Low has the additional bonus of being a fairly "safe" player in that he mostly retains the ball reasonably well in general play and only takes risks in the attacking third, the mark of a sound professional.

However nothing I've seen from him so far suggests he's anything like as dangerous a player as Gradel.

His first game was his most dangerous in this sense when, in a shortish appearance, he cracked a great shot and made some telling chances.

Since then he seems to have become increasingly withdrawn in every sense - the sort of thing that happened with Ryan Smith - and less genuinely hurtful to the opposition.

This only suggests to me that he's either playing the averages to keep his place or that Kelly's defensive demands are nullifying the sharpness he needs to hurt defenders.

Defensive demands don't affect Levi so much because, while he does have trickery his main weapon is his passing which is invariably effective wherever he happens to be.

Gradel may be considered by Kelly as higher risk. His style means he can easily lose the ball and he doesn't have Low's height and strength advantages on defensive duties.

A problem is that if you change the Gradel style you also risk losing his threat. I'd have to play Gradel on what I've seen but Kelly, perhaps rightly, will likely take more time and the best Gradel can hope for is increasing involvement from the bench.

The fans have something to look forward to cos he's another who creates an air of expectation whenever he's on the ball.

The perennial 'when are Gradel/Chambers going to be in the mix' question. ;)

I think consensus is that, presently, Chambers is highly unlikely to appear this year, while Gradel may break thru onto the bench in times of (injury/suspension) crisis. Hope was that he'd make the Macclesfield game, but that didn't happen - so chances are he won't make it this year, but he stands a better chance than Chambers at this time.

Just from memory of recent posts on the matter. A quick search will tell you all you need to know (and more) about these two ;):P:D

Ok, cheers anyway

Can someone please reassure me this guy was fooking useless anyway?

Roy Keane more like Mr Bean as a manager.

LCFC on the up. Rob Kelly = Legend

Wouldn't call him useless.

He is however one of the most qualified coaches in the country.

I may be wrong but I think he's qualified to manage at the top in Europe(which I doubt Keane is :unsure: )

Maybe they need his qualifications to meet some kind of criteria :dunno:

This Tony bloke was my brothers coach when he was at the academy. He never liked the bloke and was part of the reason for him leaving,. The only reason he's joined sunderland is because he is one of Keano's best mates. When my brother was at Leicester Keane once came along to one of the training sessions.

Can't believe that Sunderland have allowed totally unexperienced Keane to appoint a No.2 who is the 4th senior academy coach at a Championship club.

Going down?

Is he right? You're not wrong!

This Tony bloke was my brothers coach when he was at the academy. He never liked the bloke and was part of the reason for him leaving,. The only reason he's joined sunderland is because he is one of Keano's best mates.

The reason most people appoint others into backroom positions is because they know them and how they work, what's wrong with that?

Where's your brother now Teeno?

Archived