Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

West Brom on saturday

I think we should stick with 4-4-2

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Nisse

Lowe

Johnson/Weso

Hughes

Tiatto

O'Grady

Fryatt

Eight defenders!.

Which year exactly are you hoping for Leicester to rise above its seemingly everlasting level of mediocrity and actually challenge for promotion?

If we play the Chosen Men til Christmas then look at the wretchedness of our position will that finally encourage you to move forward cos I'd rather that than have some "one step forward, two backwards" approach, assuming we can dig ourselves out of another relegation trough by then.

Without mentioning the end of last season, eight defenders got us zero points from our first two matches this season and we've collected seven from nine since we started attacking. So what the hell has defensive overload got going for it?

How many goals could that team possibly score in other than a freak situation? One at most away from home and do you really think that's likely to win against the likes of Hartson/Phillips and friends up front?

Anything is possible. But just reading it is like a throw-back to the bad old days of early August and the Leveinist revival. It's bloody depressing.

Have you just broken up with your lady or something?

We'll need to score two goals at least on Saturday and should select a team that has a chance of getting em.

In fact I'd select a team to score three goals - just to be right in their f.....g faces.

And if we lose at least I'd feel like we'd had a go rather than like a clone of that ultra cautious arsehole who lost us the World Cup.

Mind you.........that's exactly what I think the team will be.

So let me at least congratulate you in advance. Are you a friend of the guy?

piffle? nice!!!

simon,

i would to throw caution to the wind and play youngsters, stick sheehan in a left back etc, and love to see a midfield of wesolowski and williams. that would be my prefered choice. i just think maybe that is asking a bit much of wesolowski after months out injured to come back into what will be a really tough game particularly if another youngster, low, should play as well. thats why i think johnson should start on saturday.

as for johnson, i dont think he performed well for the opening couple of games but i think he has been finding his feet the past couple of games and has been doing a lot better.

Weso made most of the rest of our midfield (even Gudjonsson) look very ordinary last season, after a broken leg. HE was the one who looked like the experienced head- and the level he played raised everyones game (because they were all bricking it that they were going to be left out!). I see no compelling reason not to play him, given previous poor performances by other midfielders.

Low is not a youngster- he's 27, but thats besides the point. Kenton and Johannson provide enough experience and even Kisnorbo and Williams are experienced enough by now. We do not need experienced players just for an experienced players sake. If that player is better then one of our youngsters, fine, but for the most part I find myself beginning to agree with Thracian, in that many of our youngsters deserve their place in the team more than these so called 'experienced' players.

Where have you got eight defenders from? Hughes and Low ( note: Low not Lowe :rolleyes: ) are hardly defensive, Low gets forward, and Hughes I would describe as neutral.

Your quite right however. I agree we are going to concede. When you have the likes of Hartson, Phillips, Greening, Gera and quite possibly Koumas knocking on the door, you need to consider your answer quite carefully.

I hope Johnson plays ( not knowing weso's physical state ) I was very happy when we signed him. He was a genuine good player and I don't believe it's all over for him just yet, five mediocre games and people have him written off but this is the game for him, he needs little inspiration and if he plays for us like he did for them, they will be cursing the day they let him go.

Williams in for Hughes for me, to be replaced by Hume ( I do like the idea ) after 55 mins if we are getting no joy, more creativity is what we are going to need. The Tiatto Porter battle is a interesting one, this is the kind of game Danny thrives on however Levi will add on unknown quality and a more attacking option. Personally I'd go first half Tiatto second Porter, keep it mixed up.

Despite the loss of Curtis Davis I don't think W.B.A defence will be as poor as certain posters have suggested, Steve Watson, Chirs Perry, Paul Robinson, all have footballing and prem league experience most of our back four can only dream of, and in Martin Albrechtsen ( probably the player who will slot in for Davis ) they have a talent worth 2.7 mil which they have hardly used this season. Whoever plays will have a head ache. However I believe Fryatt will get some joy if he works hard and is well suppourted by whoever is picked to play along side him.

We should make the most of our set pieces when they come along, we seem to be creating alot from them at the minute and I feel West Brom may under estimate Mcarthy and Kisnorbos aerial threat.

Where have you got eight defenders from? Hughes and Low ( note: Low not Lowe :rolleyes: ) are hardly defensive, Low gets forward, and Hughes I would describe as neutral.

Your quite right however. I agree we are going to concede. When you have the likes of Hartson, Phillips, Greening, Gera and quite possibly Koumas knocking on the door, you need to consider your answer quite carefully.

I hope Johnson plays ( not knowing weso's physical state ) I was very happy when we signed him. He was a genuine good player and I don't believe it's all over for him just yet, five mediocre games and people have him written off but this is the game for him, he needs little inspiration and if he plays for us like he did for them, they will be cursing the day they let him go.

Williams in for Hughes for me, to be replaced by Hume ( I do like the idea ) after 55 mins if we are getting no joy, more creativity is what we are going to need. The Tiatto Porter battle is a interesting one, this is the kind of game Danny thrives on however Levi will add on unknown quality and a more attacking option. Personally I'd go first half Tiatto second Porter, keep it mixed up.

Despite the loss of Curtis Davis I don't think W.B.A defence will be as poor as certain posters have suggested, Steve Watson, Chirs Perry, Paul Robinson, all have footballing and prem league experience most of our back four can only dream of, and in Martin Albrechtsen ( probably the player who will slot in for Davis ) they have a talent worth 2.7 mil which they have hardly used this season. Whoever plays will have a head ache. However I believe Fryatt will get some joy if he works hard and is well suppourted by whoever is picked to play along side him.

We should make the most of our set pieces when they come along, we seem to be creating alot from them at the minute and I feel West Brom may under estimate Mcarthy and Kisnorbos aerial threat.

He may be neutral but I still count Hughes as a defender because he's the insurance man - the midfield player with the endless energy to track and harass players.

Three or four goals a season and the odd assist wouldn't get him in any team - at least not on merit - as an attacking midfield player.

I've nothing strongly against Johnson playing but believe Hughes to be the safer option. People like Hume/Weso and Porter would make Johnson's passing options easier but your strategy seems to be contain first then try to pinch a goal.

Sadly, as against Luton, the strategy doesn't work when we concede in the first half cos then we've got to score two to win.

The only way we have a chance of beating WBA away is to retain possession. For all their abilities, Hartson and Phillips aren't going to be the best at being the first line of defence so in that sense we have a head start- providing we pick our best passers and enough strikers to finish our good moves off.

Mention's been made of silencing their crowd- and if we score early on that'll sort their crowd out. It will put pressure on them and increasingly make them anxious especially on the back of a previous defeat.

Then we keep the ball and counter attack.

Hume's pace in midfield will help that and COG's ability to hold the ball and pass will be vital.

Porter should start because he compliments all the above. He'll give Johnson easy passing options, retain possession, provide telling passes, have the energy to cover and the presence of mind to make width when we need it which will give Hume space to run into. And he won't get booked unnecessarily in what might be a bit of a cauldron requiring cool heads.

All that would suggest the following team:

Henderson,

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Kenton;

Johnson or Wesolowski,

Hume, Hughes, Porter;

O'Grady, Fryatt.

I've left Low out after all. But this means Stearman operating as a genuine wing back with Hume/O'Grady moving wide on occasions and Porter swopping flanks from time to time, another reason I'd play him instead of Tiatto.

It is a concesssion which recognises our need to contain their midfield and cut the supply to their strikers. But we are still equally balanced for defenders and attackers.

This, I believe, could be the basis of a good away side because it is solid enough while giving us lots of scoring potential.

Your argument makes sense Thrac; thats why we need someone who will boss the midfield, harry, break up the play and distribute effectively. Weso did that in three games far more effectively than Hughes or Johnson ever have.

I would still have Low in the team though. I'd rather have two genuine wingers in the side. The more I think about it though the more I like the idea of playing Hume in an attacking midfield role... :D

Cant se Kelly changing a winning team,an idea he usually backs. No Stearman at Right Back or Porter I'd say. And as Wesolowski was deemed unfit for his first international on Wednesday night I dont see Rob playing him.

Agreed, hopefully we will see weso play a part though!!!!

i'd bet the House (not that i actually own one but that is beside the point) on RK playing the following line up.

Henderson

Kenton, Kisnorbo, McCarthy NEJ

Low, Hughes, Johnson, Tiatto

Fryatt O'grady

Our three subs being Porter at half time, Stearman after about 70 mins and Weso with 10 mins to go.

I would play

Henderson

Stearman (give him another chance) Kisnorbo McCarthy Kenton

Low Hume Johnson Porter

O'grady Fyatt

Hume runs around as much as hughes and is a mich better passer of the ball. unsure how fit Weso is otherwise he would be in for Johnson

i'd bet the House (not that i actually own one but that is beside the point) on RK playing the following line up.

Henderson

Kenton, Kisnorbo, McCarthy NEJ

Low, Hughes, Johnson, Tiatto

Fryatt O'grady

Our three subs being Porter at half time, Stearman after about 70 mins and Weso with 10 mins to go.

I would play

Henderson

Stearman (give him another chance) Kisnorbo McCarthy Kenton

Low Hume Johnson Porter

O'grady Fyatt

Hume runs around as much as hughes and is a mich better passer of the ball. unsure how fit Weso is otherwise he would be in for Johnson

I'll put my 2 houses and all my Monopoly money on that too.

Archived