Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

West Brom on saturday

I wonder what rob will decide to go for on saturday out of 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. I hope we play 4-4-2 but i wouldn't be suprised if we go with one striker. If we did go with one forward i would choose O'grady as he has height and more strenth also i think he holds up the ball better than Hume and Fryatt. Anyway this would be my team for 4-4-2

Henderson

Kenton Kisnorbo (will he be back) McCarthy Tiatto

Low Johnson Hughes Porter

O' Grady Fryatt

4-5-1

Henderson

Kenton Kisnorbo McCarthy Tiatto

Weso

Low Johnson Hughes Porter

O'Grady

If we play 4-5-1 it all already gives out the sign that we're there to play for a draw.

If we play with 4-4-2 it shows that we're there to attack and win the game and if we lose, we lose in a decent-ish manner.

why should we go anywhere to sit back play with 5 in midfield and just 1 up front and hope for a draw. we have the players to go anywhere and try and win games. makes me laugh people say we arent entertaining enough or value you for money but then in their next breath suggest we go away from home and play negative. I think id be happier going West Brom watchin a entertaining attacking match and lose 4-3 than going and watchin a boring 0-0 draw

4-5-1 should never be considered under any circumstances, especially in this league. No reason to change the formation anyway when we've started to win.

I like Fez's formation alot, shame Johansson will be playing.

This would be nice.

Henderson

Kenton Kisnorbo McCarthy Johansson

Stearman Wesolowski Williams Porter

O'Grady Fryatt

Subs: Logan, Hughes, Gradel, Johnson, Hume

Stearman on right wing? Can't say I'm excited about that, but it's a novel change :ph34r:

4-5-1 will not be used. Rob would have to be out of body, out of mind to change from his beloved 4-4-2. ;)

Besides, we've all seen what happens when we play 4-5-1 with the squad we've got. It sends out the wrong signal to the opposition. It doesn't work for the players we have (Fryatt for lone striker, anyone?) really, and it'll all end in tears and/or disaster.

4-5-1 would be a huge mistake, and one that RK must not make to begin with. Luckily, I don't think Rob's at all interested in changing the formation, so that's one mistake we don't have to look forward to. ;)

Stearman on right wing? Can't say I'm excited about that, but it's a novel change :ph34r:

Stearman assists and scores more goals than Low when given the freedom to get forward, thats the thinking behind it. I don't rate Low and other than Gradel we're short on options in that position. Also, having a player with as much talent as he has sitting on the bench is a bit of a waste.

If everyone is fit this is the team he will pick. Simply because Tiattos dead ball delivery and I think O'Grady will get the nod over Hume as hes been away with Canada + he played reasonably against Southend

GK Henderson

RB Kenton

LB Johansson

CB Kisnorbo

CB McCarthy

RW Low

LW Tiatto

CM Hughes

CM Johnson

ST Fryatt

ST O'Grady

Subs, Rab, Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter, Hume

I'd be quite interested to see Stearman on the right wing if it wasn't for Johansson having to play left-back in that scenario. I like the idea though, he looked quite useful there in his cameo against Southend and his height would be an extra weapon to utilise Porter's crosses from the left. It's a shame Kelly never tried him and Maybury the other way round last season.

I don't want to see any signs of 4-5-1. It's an abomination and a f.....g insult to football.

And what is the logical reason for Leicester playing 4-5-1. We cannot guarantee not to concede with seven or eight defenders - in fact we've conceded far fewer when we've abandoned that nonsense and committed ourselves to attack.

If we averaged apoint a game or more away from home it will be an improvement and the best way to do that is to attack and be positive cos we didn't manage it last season however many defenders we had.

I'd play:

Henderson;

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Kenton;

Low, Hume, Hughes, Porter,

O'Grady, Fryatt.

subs: Logan, Nils, Wesolowski. Hammond, Gradel.

I don't to see any signs of 4-5-1. It's an abomination and a f.....g insult to football.

And what is the logical reason for Leicester playing 4-5-1. We cannot guarantee not to concede with seven or eight defenders - in fact we've conceded far fewer when we've abandoned that nonsense and committed ourselves to attack.

If we averaged apoint a game or more away from home it will be an improvement and the best way to do that is to attack and be positive cos we didn't manage it last season however many defenders we had.

I'd play:

Henderson;

O'Grady, Fryatt.

So you'd completely drop Hume and Tiatto from the squad for a guy who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo and another who has yet to play. Good one :thumbup:

I don't to see any signs of 4-5-1. It's an abomination and a f.....g insult to football.

I'd play:

Henderson;

O'Grady, Fryatt.

Your midfield would get found out at the Hawthorns, your going to need Wesolowski or Johnson in there or we are going to concead a hat full.

Whether Kisnorbo is playing or not is a big question because I believe he is scheduled to arrive back in Leicester on Friday? We should be worried about him being Jet lagged not Hume.

Your midfield would get found out at the Hawthorns, your going to need Wesolowski or Johnson in there or we are going to concead a hat full.

Whether Kisnorbo is playing or not is a big question because I believe he is scheduled to arrive back in Leicester on Friday? We should be worried about him being Jet lagged not Hume.

if Kisnorbo is kanckered then I would be confident in Kenton moving to Centre Back and Stearman taking over at Right Back. I would still think that our defence is our strongest part of the team

Stearman assists and scores more goals than Low when given the freedom to get forward, thats the thinking behind it. I don't rate Low and other than Gradel we're short on options in that position. Also, having a player with as much talent as he has sitting on the bench is a bit of a waste.

Granted - I'll take your word for his attacking prowess as I've not seen it myself, unlike yourself. (Living thousands of miles away is a real bitch sometimes.) :thumbup:

I was just wondering if he was ready to return - has his form picked up lately, or is he still all at sea out on the football pitch? :whistle:

Archived