Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maccfox

Paddy K

Why fly all those miles just to sit on the bench? What a waste of time. Am I the only one who thinks this? :unsure:

Some people would give anything to be selected for their country - whether they were sat on a bench or not.

It wouldn't be my idea of fun even if I'd travelled 100 miles, let alone to the other side of the world.

In some circumstances I might just have bitten my lip, but not if we were losing 2-0.

Some people would give anything to be selected for their country - whether they were sat on a bench or not.

It wouldn't be my idea of fun even if I'd travelled 100 miles, let alone to the other side of the world.

In some circumstances I might just have bitten my lip, but not if we were losing 2-0.

You're such a team player. He can't use all the subs. And you've got to have subs. And what fan is happy with a defender coming on when you're 2-0 down?

My point is, if the manager did not think he was going to be used, why select him. In an area of the season where he'd be better off staying at his club. It seems like hes been given the run around for nothing.

But you have players on the bench to cover certain situations or injuries if they happen. Maybe he needed to make attacking subsitutions as they where losing.

If they had been winning, theres more chance he would have got on.

You're such a team player. He can't use all the subs. And you've got to have subs. And what fan is happy with a defender coming on when you're 2-0 down?

Depends how quickly you go 2-0 down!

As for the team player thing I never met a sportsman who was happy being on the bench and not getting a game.

It's just that some chose to bottle their feelings up and others didn't.

The Form Paddy K is in atm, it'd probably have been a better idea in playing him, mainly because he isn't used to conceding goals just at the minute, he looks pretty sound defensively, and he is making a bit of a habit of popping up with goals when in attacking situations (long may that continue btw). Surely it makes sense to select him based on that sort of form??

The Form Paddy K is in atm, it'd probably have been a better idea in playing him, mainly because he isn't used to conceding goals just at the minute, he looks pretty sound defensively, and he is making a bit of a habit of popping up with goals when in attacking situations (long may that continue btw). Surely it makes sense to select him based on that sort of form??

but seeing as they have already qualified maybe their coach decided to blood a few uncapped players?

but seeing as they have already qualified maybe their coach decided to blood a few uncapped players?

Maybe so, but even if that was the case I'd have seen no problem in just giving him a bit of a run out, especially with him having travelled so far to join up with the squad

Maybe so, but even if that was the case I'd have seen no problem in just giving him a bit of a run out, especially with him having travelled so far to join up with the squad

he wouldnt of been the only 1 to travel from england

he wouldnt of been the only 1 to travel from england

I agree, and I see what you mean, but he is in pretty good form, so put him out there and let him continue it would have been the best policy imo. Many people are different, as are many managers, but that would have been the route I went down, even if I wasn't a City fan.

but i bet weso would have been given a debut had he gone

I have a feeling he'd definitely have played if he went, cos if the gaffer was blooding new young players as suggested, Weso would surely have been in line to get his debut.

I'm very humiliated by the result. I say Graham Arnold should get the sack because he is another Frank Farina and Ryan Griffiths should NEVER EVER wear the green and gold again. :mad::mad: Missed straight in front. Why oh why didn't Ward come on for Elrich? Please my english friends, don't laugh at the result. :blush: It was also a waste of time bringing Schwarz back for the game and Beauchamp was a donkey and can stop complaining that he didn't get a run at the world cup. Milicevic and McKain can be quiet about the World Cup too, because they are hacks!

Archived