Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

West Brom Vs Leicester

Henderson - 7 - Some great stops, kicking still dodgy and needs more conviction when coming for crosses. But what a save from the Hartson header in the first half

Kenton - 6 - Played well, some great tackles. What was he doing for the goal? Hopefully TV will try and clear it up for me.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Some great last ditch tackles, another steady performance today. Never quite had Hartson or Phillips where he wanted them

McCarthy - 7 - Steady game, forming a good partnership with Kisnorbo. Again, always looked like he was struggling with the front pair of West Brom

Johanson - 7 - Steady again, no faults, nothing special though.

Low - 7 - Worked hard, produced nothing special for the front two, but worked hard. Unlucky to be taken off.

Johnson - 7 - His off the ball work rate was immense, competed with the two of midfield from West Brom, if he could create chances for players, he would be an exceptional find

Hughes - 6 - Didnt look match fit in my eyes, went missing at times. Looks like he didnt want it

Porter - 7 - Worked hard, getting used to what is required in the first team. Another step towards cementing his place in the side

Fryatt - 6 - Low on confidence, was offside about 10 times. Didnt shoot when he should. Needs a goal from anywhere, but it never looked like coming today

O'Grady - 5 - Worked hard, tried to shoot from ridiculous angles a few times. Never really caused them any trouble at the back in my opinion

Subs

Wesoloski - 6 - Never given a chance to do anything really

Hume - 7 - Worked hard., no chances to score. They didnt like his work-rate and pace though at the back

Stearman - 6 - Played in midfield. Not his position. Cant put any blame on a lad being played out of position

Henderson - 9, saved us from an embarrasingly bad defeat as oppossed to the self inflicted one.

Kenton - 5, still on the bus for the first 20 minutes and should have been on it for the last 10 otherwise ok

Kisnorbo 8, His usual solid performance

McCarthy - 7, ok, good to see he's minimised his puching fouls

Johanson - 8, a very professional defensive performance, and looks like he's trying to improve his passing

Low - 6, Par for him

Johnson - 6, chasing rather than controlloing the game

Hughes - 5, ditto Johnson

Porter - 7, Work his socks of trying to create things but lacked support from the central mindfield

Fryatt - 6, swimming against the tide

OGrady - 8, covered the whole pitch with his involvement, he and Fryatt let down by weak management

Subs

Wesoloski 6, but too little to late and too many midfielders/defenders getting in each other's way

Hume 6, ditto Fryatt

Stearman 6, made no improvement but hardly his fault if he doesn't know whether he's a defender or an attacking midfielder

Kelly - 3, good team selection let down completely by the negativety which was clearly demonstrated in the first 10 mins but Henderson's time connsuming goalkicks, followed by abject surrender in the second half .

Henderson 8.5 (MOM. Three brilliant saves kept us in with an unlikely chance of salvaging a point. Pity his kicking and distribution are so poor).

Kenton 6 (Started poorly, improved dramatically, conceded a goal only he will be able to explain when he could easily have just flicked the ball on and our with his head. That error probably cost us a point directly but the midfield going awol was our real let down).

McCarthy 7.5 (Saw his main man substituted and did well. Distribution deteriorated which was hardly surprising).

Kisnorbo 7.5 (A hero until the end cos it was his mistake I think (couldn't see clearly) which gave away the penalty and which seemed very much to be the action of a seriously frustrated defender).

Nils 6.5 (Iffy distribution at times in the first half but generally defended well although the cross for the own goal came from his side and at a time when he could have done with Porter'swillingness to assist).

Low 6 (Not his best game but was forced to waste a lot of energy helping Kenton out)

Johnson 5 (If you view our midfield as two gates in a field, he left the back one open).

Hughes 4 (He left the other one open and completely deserted his strike partners, while starving our wingers of service or worthwhile backup. Always took the easy way out by leaving responsibility to everyone else.)

Porter 7 (We were 0-0 til he went off and he madeavaluable contribution to that. Often had to try to do two or two and a half jobs we always remained calm and kept trying to play football and assist everyone around him).

O'Grady 8 (My outfield man of the match. Just worked himself to a standstill while under relentless pressure. Teed up three good chances for Fryatt, one of which was offside and never let his head drop despite ever-decreasing back-up).

Fryatt 6.5 (Again threatened to break through but just find the right opening and the right shot. still skillful but not quite at his sharpest for some reason.).

Subs:

Stearman 2 (totally out of position)

Hume 5.5 (Not on long enough which was apity).

Wesolowski 5.5 (again, should have been on earlier)

unbelievable if we'd have got a point people would be giving the players mostly 8's they played very well. And if we can play like that for most of our away games i'll be more than happy.

Ratings are suppost to reflect the way the playyers played not the scoreline, we outplayed a team who will be up there come the end of the season for much of the game.

it seems that from what i have seen and read thus far the major weakness of the team this season is a piss poor central midfield that can neither help the defence nor support the attack.

unless the midfield is sorted out then this is going to end up another wasted season at the end of which some of our better players will undoubtedly be sold.

it seems that from what i have seen and read thus far the major weakness of the team this season is a piss poor central midfield that can neither help the defence nor support the attack.

unless the midfield is sorted out then this is going to end up another wasted season at the end of which some of our better players will undoubtedly be sold.

Yes you are true, Josh Low is decent on the ball but will not tackle back, Johnson simply cannnot pass, Hughes is half a yard behind everyone else and is consistently poor. Porter is the only major plus.

unbelievable if we'd have got a point people would be giving the players mostly 8's they played very well. And if we can play like that for most of our away games i'll be more than happy.

Ratings are suppost to reflect the way the playyers played not the scoreline, we outplayed a team who will be up there come the end of the season for much of the game.

Outplayed them? I'm unashamedly biased but I couldn't argue that one.

If we'd got a point it would have been a minor miracle and Henderson might have been nominated for Sainthood because of the near miracles he performed.

One save from Hartson was International class and there were two other outstanding stops as well, with WBA also smashing our woodwork twice and absolutely slaughtering us in the last 25 minutes.

Manwell talked about silencing their crowd and we did that pointedly. At half-time we had things to be proud of. But afterwards woe is me...it was like one long comedy of errors from both manager and players (in that order) and the fact we held out for 82 minutes shouldn't hide that fact for one minute.

Remember six away games, two goals for nine against and two points from a possible 18!!!!!!!

If we carry on playing like that you won't be happy - cos we'll be heading for relegation.

If we'd got a point it would have been a minor miracle and Henderson might have been nominated for Sainthood because of the near miracles he performed.

One save from Hartson was International class and there were two other outstanding stops as well, with WBA also smashing our woodwork twice and absolutely slaughtering us in the last 25 minutes.

Manwell talked about silencing their crowd and we did that pointedly. At half-time we had things to be proud of. But afterwards woe is me...it was like one long comedy of errors from both manager and players (in that order) and the fact we held out for 82 minutes shouldn't hide that fact for one minute.

Remember six away games, two goals for nine against and two points from a possible 18!!!!!!!

If we carry on playing like that you won't be happy - cos we'll be heading for relegation.

Some valid points there but West Brom were no way as good as you are making out. Going forward they were devoid of ideas, reminding me of Englnad in the World Cup at times. They passed it very square at times and played in straight lines. Because our central midfield were diabolical they were made to look good.

1st half at least. we were the better team and had their crown booing them. I'll be happy if we can win on tuesday as 1 win 1 loss is better than 2 draws and our biggest problem last year was conveting draws into wins. There a greater margain between a win and a draw than a draw and a defeat.

Some valid points there but West Brom were no way as good as you are making out. Going forward they were devoid of ideas, reminding me of Englnad in the World Cup at times. They passed it very square at times and played in straight lines. Because our central midfield were diabolical they were made to look good.

I totally agree it was us who made them look good after half time and I'd love RK to explain why.

Henderson 8- MOTM some great saves especially the close range header from Hartson

kenton 6- Only because of the own goal other than that looked solid

McCarthy 7- Looked comfortable

Kisnorbo 7

Nisse 6

low 6

Hughes 5- Poor show today don't help the strikers out enough

Johnson 5- I'm not convinced with him

Porter 6- Didn't seem to run at players today like he did the last few games.

Fryatt 5- :( He needs service instead of running round for everyone else.

O'Grady 7- I like him but I think Hume should start with Fryatt against Hull then bring him on.

Wassup with Hughesy then?

When we signed him, he was immense!

I really had hoped he'd come good, in trying to defend him I can only think he just doesn't know what his role is, he seems to be, as does Johnson chasing the game all the while, following the ball. I don't know if this is because he's just not up to it, he needs a stronger partner, or the lack of distribution skills from the back as the ball is either coming at him from the front or over his head from the rear. Plus I'm still not convinced he's fully match fit for this midfield role as he invariably runs out of steam 15 mins into the second half.

We have too many midfielders who are just not quite good enough to make up a decent midfield. There's no particular "answer" in our squad. We are relying on Weso coming back to energise our midfield but it's always going to include one of Hughes, Williams and Johnson and they seem to have too many deficiencies or inconsistencies to turn us into a decent top-half team. We're always going to be sculling around the bottom if this club persists with key players who have failed to live up to their billing for so long.

Archived