Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jack_LCFC

Andy Johnson

Jono had a spell in the second half where he was winning everyyhing -just after the tackle, he nearly played in Fryatt too with a decent pass. Williams has got quality but he drifts in and out of games. As Johnson gets fitter I think he'll win everyone over.

Ive been defending Johnson from the start of the season. But its getting to the point now where i cant even defend him. He makes a great tackle and then goings missing for 10 mins as he chases around the pitch trying to get close the opposition.

Plus 7 full games and you should be fit....

So i'm going to stop defending him now, he needs a rapid improvement to keep his place.

You also mention Williams has the quality, but if they both drift in and out of a game, would you not rather have Williams over Johnson as Williams may actually do something as he's playing....

IMO Andy Johnson was not the worst performer last night! I'm not saying he is brilliant, but we haven't got any better central midfielders (other than a fully fit Weso). Williams is a frustrating player and as others have said we will want HIM out the team after he plays a couple.

I think we just have to accept that we are not going to be able to attract quality midfielders to the club with our lack of funds. So settle for Johnson, he's not that bad and we can't do better.

cant do better? i don't buy into that we should just accept the plight of this club. they need to show some ambition. play the youngsters

This thread has got me absolutely enraged!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Andy Johnson's performance last night was nothing short of disgusting. Talk about a bottler. If he never plays another game for us I'd be delighted. To those of you saying he's a decent performer - I urge you to actually just watch him and ignore the action at our next home game. The guy should be screaming out for the ball as the experienced CM in the team...looking to take it off the CB's and build attacks from the back. But what does he do? Just stands there not wanting the ball. Yes yes he makes a few good tackles but as an attacking force he is a total passenger. A bystander. A bottler. I find it disgusting.

And then people have a go at Hughes? Wtf? Hughes was doing what every good centre mid should do...come and take the ball off the CB's and look to start attacks. OK so he didn't have a brilliant game but he covered nearly every blade of grass tonight and whipped in a few decent corners to boot.

Seriously though Johnson? Disgusting. A bottler and if I had my way he'd never play for City again. :mad:

If you knew anything about football then you would have grasped the concepts of attacking centre mids and DMC's. Williams is deffo not a replacement for Johnson.

If you knew anything about football then you would have grasped the concepts of attacking centre mids and DMC's. Williams is deffo not a replacement for Johnson.

If you knew anything about football you wouldn't base your knowledge on champ manager! :laugh:

How many goals did Joey get last season as our DMC as you put it :doh:

If you knew anything about football you wouldn't base your knowledge on champ manager! :laugh:

So because Joey scored goals from DMC all DMC's should score goals?

People have different roles and Andy Johnson's is not to score a lot of goals. It is to hold the midfield. Something which he does well. We need another midfielder to attack and score goals, then the balance will be good.

People have different roles and Andy Johnson's is not to score a lot of goals. It is to hold the midfield. Something which he does well. We need another midfielder to attack and score goals, then the balance will be good.

which explains why our midfield is so lightweight

No but the person who was all too keen to point out that I know nothing about football seemed to be implying they were mutually exclusive.

If Johnson's sole role is to hold the midfield then my God we are carrying him more than I thought. He should be looking to get the creative players into the game instead of shirking from wanting the ball. All the opposition need to do is mark our creative midfielder (e.g. Williams or Hughes closely and they don't get enough time on the ball to hurt people). We've hardly created a decent chance for our strikers all season. I hold Johnson mostly responsible for that because it's his job to bring the creative players into the game, but he doesn't do it.

Actually i base my knowledge on playing for teams which use a holding and attacking midfield 4-4-2 system you tit -I don't play on champ manager.

Joey was a different type of player to Johnson (overall a better one) but i don't know how many he scored which wern't from penalties and joey was more of a box to box type of player who could play in the holding role or as an attacking midfielder. IDIOT

No but the person who was all too keen to point out that I know nothing about football seemed to be implying they were mutually exclusive.

If Johnson's sole role is to hold the midfield then my God we are carrying him more than I thought. He should be looking to get the creative players into the game instead of shirking from wanting the ball. All the opposition need to do is mark our creative midfielder (e.g. Williams or Hughes closely and they don't get enough time on the ball to hurt people). We've hardly created a decent chance for our strikers all season. I hold Johnson mostly responsible for that because it's his job to bring the creative players into the game, but he doesn't do it.

creative players should be able to get themselves into the game and create something, Johnson made some good passes in the second half, not cutting passes, but simple ones. Maybe we should be questioning the creative players because they didnt do a lot to get themselves in the game(other than Porter).

Absolutely bang on the money.

Who do you replace Hughes with?

Wesolowski, Hume, Porter, a combination of Porter/Tiatto.

Even if RK has to adapt his system - which he wouldn't necessarily - there are various ways.

Almost anything would improve out cohesion because Hughes doesn't ever stamp authority on a game.

Who do you replace Hughes with?

Wesolowski, Hume, Porter, a combination of Porter/Tiatto.

Even if RK has to adapt his system - which he wouldn't necessarily - there are various ways.

Almost anything would improve out cohesion because Hughes doesn't ever stamp authority on a game.

Time for Johnson and Weso to stand up. C'mon Leicester.

Weso and Williams should be our first choice CMs. Neither Hughes nor Johnson seem up to the job.

Neither are being given a chance in the side. I think Williams is still injured and out of favour anyway, and Weso isn't playing because they're being too cautious with him

Archived