Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

I have seen it all

Who the hell wrote this on the Mercury's website:

"Stephen Hughes, who had a fine all-round game..."

(source: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...313920063418531 )

Was this the same Stephen Hughes who shirked every challenge? The same one who barely made a single pass to a blue shirt? The same one who put three corners in quick succession in EXACTLY the same place? The same one whose other corner kicks generally failed to clear the first defender? The same one who took the responsibility of an 85th minute off Fryatt and Porter, only to put a fairly weak shot high and wide? The same Stephen Hughes who, in all honesty, didn't look like he gave a sh1t all night?

Incredible.

Who the hell wrote this on the Mercury's website:

"Stephen Hughes, who had a fine all-round game..."

(source: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...313920063418531 )

Was this the same Stephen Hughes who shirked every challenge? The same one who barely made a single pass to a blue shirt? The same one who put three corners in quick succession in EXACTLY the same place? The same one whose other corner kicks generally failed to clear the first defender? The same one who took the responsibility of an 85th minute off Fryatt and Porter, only to put a fairly weak shot high and wide? The same Stephen Hughes who, in all honesty, didn't look like he gave a sh1t all night?

Incredible.

In the actually Mercury ratings it says Hughes was our star man. I had to read that a few times to make sure it wasn't a joke. I don't think anyone stood out second half but first half, Porter was our most dangerous player by a mile.

In the actually Mercury ratings it says Hughes was our star man. I had to read that a few times to make sure it wasn't a joke. I don't think anyone stood out second half but first half, Porter was our most dangerous player by a mile.

Porter was the only player that stood out from anyone i agree.

The mercury are having a laugh.

I thought he had an alright game, would say he even played well in the first half. Just faded in the second. See fitness thread.

I agree he ran his socks off and was always keen to receive the ball (unlike the shirker Johnson :mad: ) Lacked a bit of bite and fitness though hopefully he'll step up in both these areas.

I agree he ran his socks off and was always keen to receive the ball (unlike the shirker Johnson :mad: ) Lacked a bit of bite and fitness though hopefully he'll step up in both these areas.

I'd like to see this myself, whether it happens or not is a different story though. Williams in for Hughes or Hughes to be left in if his fitness and aggression picks up??

Needed to pass it a bit quicker though, rather than do that funny little twirl thing every time.

I'd say not on Saturday vs Sunderland. Kelly will stick to his team, possibly with Tiatto in for Porter. Unbelievable, but I'd say so.

I'd say you were quite right in saying Kelly will stick to the team he always plays this Saturday. If he drops Porter for Tiatto, then I'd be pretty suprised, but then again considering we're away and we only defend away from home, it looks as though you're right again :thumbup:

Any rough ideas as to when Weso and Williams will be fit to start games?

I'd say you were quite right in saying Kelly will stick to the team he always plays this Saturday. If he drops Porter for Tiatto, then I'd be pretty suprised, but then again considering we're away and we only defend away from home, it looks as though you're right again :thumbup:

Any rough ideas as to when Weso and Williams will be fit to start games?

weso is fit, he just wont pick him, williams will be back after sunderland

Having watched Stephen Hughes since he came from Rangers I can tell Bill Anderson the lad is awful as an attacking midfield player and the things that he does do moderately well like harrassing and intercepting are not what we need most right now. If BA thinks he might be good for Hearts perhaps he'd put a word in.

Archived