Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Williams

lcfc.com

Clean Bill Of Health

Assistant manager Mike Stowell has revealed that Gareth Williams is back in training ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Birmingham City at St Andrews on Saturday.

The Leicester midfielder has been out of action since the end of August with an ankle problem.

But Stowell confirmed that Williams had completed his first full training session today (Monday), and would be bidding to make himself available for the game at the weekend.

He said: "Gareth looks to have got over the ankle injury he has had and that is good news."

Meanwhile, Stowell was also hopeful that Richard Stearman and Paddy McCarthy would be available for the Blues clash.

He added: "We have got a couple of players who were unable to train due to a sickness bug. Paddy and Richard are just feeling a little under the weather at the moment.

"But other than that everyone is injury free."

Bloody need him too.

never thought I'd say that.

I'd love to see RK drop Hughes and Johnson for Low and Williams, as I feel our midfield would be just that - both attack and defense wise. However I just don't think RK has the balls and sense to do so, and I think he'll go with the tried and trusted formation/lineup :(

Hughes out - low in (fock it even if he is crap)

Williams in- Johnson out the door

Sorted! :D

I dunno about sorted!

Definitely better than what we saw on Saturday though.

I hope Williams pulls his weight when he gets back in the side, I know anything is better than Johnson but it seems like Williams is almost being relied on to do a good job in midfield already, when there have been occasions in the past when he's been absolutely awful.

I dunno about sorted!

Definitely better than what we saw on Saturday though.

I hope Williams pulls his weight when he gets back in the side, I know anything is better than Johnson but it seems like Williams is almost being relied on to do a good job in midfield already, when there have been occasions in the past when he's been absolutely awful.

People have short memories. Play badly, drop Williams, play badly, drop Hughes, play badly, drop Williams. It could go on forever. Drop Johnson, play Hughes and Williams, concede more goals, bring back Johnson, score no goals. Play Kenton, no overlap when we have the ball down the right, play Stearman, stupid defensive errors and generally hoofing, drop Stearman. Play Johansson, no overlap when we have the ball down the left, drop Johansson, play Tiatto, general thuggery and pointless backpasses galore, etc etc etc.

There is no golden solution to all of this but Hume as an attacking midfielder and/or 3-5-2 would play to our strengths and cover for our weaknesses in my opinion.

i would go for hume as a winger.

Williams has to play, I know he is frustrating but at least with him you know he has some ability. With that the hope that he could play a killer ball in a game, and in some games you only need 1 killer ball.

Unless is falls to elvis :o

Without wanting to sound like a moaner we will have problems in our midfield whoever we play;

Williams floats in and out of game,

Weso is still not match fit

Johnson can't pass

Hume is untested (ditto for Gradel)

Hughes is lighteight

Lowe can't cross

Tiatto can be a liability

With our complete lack of creatvity RK has to try something be it Williams, Hume or even Tiatto in CM, someone has to lead by example and asking Weso to it (or Porter) is asking a lot on such young and inexperineced players.

Without wanting to sound like a moaner we will have problems in our midfield whoever we play;

Williams floats in and out of game,

Weso is still not match fit

Johnson can't pass

Hume is untested (ditto for Gradel)

Hughes is lighteight

Lowe can't cross

Tiatto can be a liability

With our complete lack of creatvity RK has to try something be it Williams, Hume or even Tiatto in CM, someone has to lead by example and asking Weso to it (or Porter) is asking a lot on such young and inexperineced players.

100%.

• 3 weeks later...

Best performance I have ever seen by him today.

He never gave the ball away and got stuck in. His set pieces were good and he showed a bit of passion

Glad to hear ... He *can* play well :thumbup:

(PS: He also looks pretty good on the picture I had taken with him :P )

Best performance I have ever seen by him today.

He never gave the ball away and got stuck in. His set pieces were good and he showeda bit of passion

Exactly right. I thought he would go missing today like he does in most games seeing as it was quite physical but he got stuck from the start.

Exactly right. I thought he would go missing today like he does in most games seeing as it was quite physical but he got stuck from the start.

I wonder what made the difference today?

Was it just that he was in the right frame of mind or something else?

I guess we'll never know! :P

I wonder what made the difference today?

Was it just that he was in the right frame of mind or something else?

I guess we'll never know! :P

Requires a new contracct at the end of this season :P

Made all the difference and played very well yesterday.

I'm glad for the guy because I've stuck by him all the time and I know he's a great player.

He can also become a fan-favorite with moments like yesterday (when he actually acknowledged and clapped the fans when taking a corner!).

Archived