Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Albums of the Year 2004

It's been a great year for music this year i think.

Here is my top 5 for 2004 in no particular order..

1. My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

2. UnderOath - They're Only Chasing Safety

3. Jimmy Eat World - Futures

4. Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

5. Bayside - Sirens and Condolences

So, what have yours been?

Guest Daniel

I cant remember back to January. :rolleyes:

Something like...

Underdog Project - Saturday Night definatly one of the tunes of the year for me.

Usher - Burn

Corrs - Summer Sunshine

U2 - Vertigo

The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

Haven't heard anyone of those Petrescu(other than Jimmy Eat World who aren't my cup of tea)

Might have to check them out.

Mine would be

1.Ordinary boys - Over the counter culture

2.The Killers - Hot Fuss

3 Razorlight - Up all night

4.Kristian Leontiou - Some day soon

5.Mcfly - Room on the third floor (I apologize, I just like them. Twas before my rock transformation in the summer lol)

1. My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

3. Jimmy Eat World - Futures

45091[/snapback]

two VERY good albums

Run on snow patrol is my favourite song of all time so the album Final straw must be up there

Hot Fuss by the killers is very good as well

i wouldn't be able to choose 5, for one i usually hear about decent albums from year or two back

Underdog Project - Saturday Night definatly one of the tunes of the year for me.

45099[/snapback]

Tis a class song, I love it.

Don't really bother with Albums me, no point spending money on a an album as you find you'll only really listen to 3 or 4 of them, just download them or buy combanation albums with them on.

45099[/snapback]

Don't really bother with Albums me, no point spending money on a an album as you find you'll only really listen to 3 or 4 of them, just download them or buy combanation albums with them on.

45338[/snapback]

Really? I listen to them all and love every one usually :)

45099[/snapback]

45338[/snapback]

Really? I listen to them all and love every one usually :)

45342[/snapback]

Yes, just because i like a few songs from a certain group or band doesn't mean I like them all.

1. Hope of the States - The Lost Riots (along with "The Decline of British Sea Power" by British Sea Power and "De-loused in the Commatorium" by the Mars Volta among the best three albums I've bought in the past couple of years)

2. Interpol - Antics (Brilliant album, gotta love it)

3. Love Equals Death - 4 Notes On A Dying Scale EP (Only 4 songs, but worth the £8 I spent getting it from America)

4. Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (along with the Killers the only real indie band around today I listen to)

5. The Killers - Hot Fuss (Not quite as good as I was hoping when I first saw them live last November in front of under 200 people and bought their first limited edition EP [HA, just had to slip that in there], but still a good album)

1. Hope of the States - The Lost Riots (along with "The Decline of British Sea Power" by British Sea Power and "De-loused in the Commatorium" by the Mars Volta among the best three albums I've bought in the past couple of years)

2. Interpol - Antics (Brilliant album, gotta love it)

3. Love Equals Death - 4 Notes On A Dying Scale EP (Only 4 songs, but worth the £8 I spent getting it from America)

4. Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (along with the Killers the only real indie band around today I listen to)

5. The Killers - Hot Fuss (Not quite as good as I was hoping when I first saw them live last November in front of under 200 people and bought their first limited edition EP [HA, just had to slip that in there], but still a good album)

45377[/snapback]

Lost Riots is quality!!!! I didn't include it though, forgot :o

I really can't get a hold of British sea power!! it must be good though if it's at number one on ur list??

British Sea Power and Hope Of The States are the two best bands around today IMO.

"The Decline Of..." was the best album of 2003, I really can't wait until their new album.

I saw British Sea Power and the Killers in front of less than 200 people in a place no more than 3 times the size of my room at Uni, now that was good (I like slipping that in as many times as I can, seeing the Killers before they were famous is my biggest Musical achievment of 2003 :) ).

A Grand Don't Come for Free - The Streets

The Futureheads - The Futureheads

Up All Night - Razorlight

Kasabian - Kasabian

Strangers - Ed Harcourt

Aha Shake Heartbreak - Kings of Leon

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Who Killed The... - The Zutons

I know its more than 5 but hey live with it. I saw Scissor Sisters, Razorlight, The Zutons, Ordinary Boys, 22-20's and Kasabian in the last 18 months at The Charlotte which was pretty amazing, especially now that SS, Razorlight & Kasabian are selling out 2000 capacity arenas 10 months on.

Hope of The States- Lost Riots

Morrissey- You are The Quarry

The Libertines- the Libertines

The Streets- a Grand don't come for Free

Brian Wilson- Smile

Really terrible year for music.

45485[/snapback]

Every year people say that, and chartwise I'd agree to some degree, but we had Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, The Libertines, Babyshambles, Razorlight, The Streets, Kanye West, Morrisey, Bloc Party, Kelis, The Others, Ed Harcourt, The Beat Up, Dizzee Rascal, Keane, Muse, Kings of Leon, The Beastie Boys, The Strokes, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, The Dead 60's, THe Zutons, Scissor Sisters, Willie Mason, The Killers, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, The Ordinary Boys, U2, Jay-Z all making great music and for the most part getting some radio/media/chart recognition.

I don't think this year was a bad year for music, there's been a lot of new bands making interesting music from all areas of the country and lots that cover different genres as well. If you haven't found the good music then you've not been looking hard enough or just don't like modern music.

If you like the kind of music Petrescu likes then you'd best ask him cause I don't know about that stuff its not my cup of tea, but if you like Morrisey and The Libertines then there are loads of other bands who are better than them or at least as good. IMO The Libertines are just over hyped and not as good as a number of bands listed above.

Brian Wilson- Smile

45485[/snapback]

Every year people say that, and chartwise I'd agree to some degree, but we had Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, The Libertines, Babyshambles, Razorlight, The Streets, Kanye West, Morrisey, Bloc Party, Kelis, The Others, Ed Harcourt, The Beat Up, Dizzee Rascal, Keane, Muse, Kings of Leon, The Beastie Boys, The Strokes, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, The Dead 60's, THe Zutons, Scissor Sisters, Willie Mason, The Killers, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, The Ordinary Boys, U2, Jay-Z all making great music and for the most part getting some radio/media/chart recognition.

I don't think this year was a bad year for music, there's been a lot of new bands making interesting music from all areas of the country and lots that cover different genres as well. If you haven't found the good music then you've not been looking hard enough or just don't like modern music.

If you like the kind of music Petrescu likes then you'd best ask him cause I don't know about that stuff its not my cup of tea, but if you like Morrisey and The Libertines then there are loads of other bands who are better than them or at least as good. IMO The Libertines are just over hyped and not as good as a number of bands listed above.

45524[/snapback]

I have heard songs from every single one of the bands you have mentioned, apart from Willi Mason, and I really would not make that good year for music.

The Strokes, Beastie Boys, Razorlight and The Killers albums were all really dissapointing and I shoiuld know because I bought them all.

I like The Zutons, Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs but it is hardly GREAT music is it? It is just cool bands that you enjoy listening to from time to time.

I can't stand U2 or the Scissor Sisters and have absaloutely no time for Keane!

I don't even rate the Libertines album that much it is just a lot betetr than some of ther tripe souted out this year. I am not oen of those 'they don't make music like they used to' people either. 2002 had the Storkes, Hives, White Stripes, Vines, Aphex Twin and others making great albums. 2003 we had Radiohead, BSP and The Coral making brilliant albums, but this year there really hasn't been much. :huh:

Brian Wilson- Smile

45485[/snapback]

Commercial wise here i agree :(

Brian Wilson- Smile

45485[/snapback]

45524[/snapback]

I have heard songs from every single one of the bands you have mentioned, apart from Willi Mason, and I really would not make that good year for music.

The Strokes, Beastie Boys, Razorlight and The Killers albums were all really dissapointing and I shoiuld know because I bought them all.

I like The Zutons, Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs but it is hardly GREAT music is it? It is just cool bands that you enjoy listening to from time to time.

I can't stand U2 or the Scissor Sisters and have absaloutely no time for Keane!

I don't even rate the Libertines album that much it is just a lot betetr than some of ther tripe souted out this year. I am not oen of those 'they don't make music like they used to' people either. 2002 had the Storkes, Hives, White Stripes, Vines, Aphex Twin and others making great albums. 2003 we had Radiohead, BSP and The Coral making brilliant albums, but this year there really hasn't been much. :huh:

45528[/snapback]

Well its all opinion isn't it. The Beastie Boys album was as good as they've done IMO (apart from Paul's Boutique), Razorlight was awesome, Killers was ok. IMO The Strokes are crap for the most part (KOL are far better), The Hives are one trick ponies, White Stripes are good agreed, Vines are shite, Aphex Twin aren't my cup of tea, Radiohead's last 2 albums have been major disappointments, BSP are amazing and The Coral are no better or worse than the Zutons.

I thought the Franz, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Streets, Kings of Leon, THe Futureheads albums were as good or better than anything released in the last 3/4 years.

Like I say all opinions, but nothing you mentioned made me think that this year was any better/worse than the last 5/6 years to be honest.

The Killers - Hot Fuss

The Ordinary Boys - Over the counter culture

The Music - Welcome to the North

The Libertines - The Libertines

Razorlight - Up all night

by the way Bloc Party havnt realeased an album yet. Early next year it will be, which i am very much looking forward to.

The Killers - Hot Fuss

The Ordinary Boys - Over the counter culture

The Music - Welcome to the North

The Libertines - The Libertines

Razorlight - Up all night

by the way Bloc Party havnt realeased an album yet. Early next year it will be, which i am very much looking forward to.

45640[/snapback]

Ha, probably why I "forgot" then :blink:

Well, they ain't a bad band, I just assumed they'd released one.

Silly!!

Archived