Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

MON 4 Stearman

some of these prices for Stearman are a joke right?!! £3million is he worth that? Maybury must be then too and every other player we have.

Maybury is not 19, nor is he a promising young defender. £3 mil is a bit steep but he is worth far more than Maybury.

Sorry, but why would Villa be trying to unsettle Stearman ahead of Tuesday night's game? This time last week Stearman was still out in the cold and hadn't started a league game since the second match of the season against Burnley back in August. Hardly the kind of player you'd think "hmmm, we could do with unsettling him to try and beat Leicester". Granted, it sounded as if he played reasonably well on Tuesday night and he did a good job for the team when coming on against Southampton but I really don't think he's that much of a threat that Villa have gone out of their way to try and unsettle him.

Sorry, but why would Villa be trying to unsettle Stearman ahead of Tuesday night's game? This time last week Stearman was still out in the cold and hadn't started a league game since the second match of the season against Burnley back in August. Hardly the kind of player you'd think "hmmm, we could do with unsettling him to try and beat Leicester". Granted, it sounded as if he played reasonably well on Tuesday night and he did a good job for the team when coming on against Southampton but I really don't think he's that much of a threat that Villa have gone out of their way to try and unsettle him.

:thumbup:

I think it's not quite as sinister as people think, either.

Robbo turns up at our game against Leeds. Couple of days later, we're told that they're after Stearman. :blink:

Why Stearman, though? Why not Hume? Why not Nissa (haha)? It could have been any number of players Robbo was sent to see - if he was sent to watch any players at all! Perhaps with a cup game just 7 days away, he was there to watch the team as a unit. If they really are looking at Stearman, we should expect more sightings of Villa staff in the run-up to Christmas. If there aren't any, we can put it down to lazy journalism.

Afterall, it was Stearman who was subject to a substantial bid earlier this season. One of our players was in demand a few months ago - now Villa are watching our games, it's just gotta be Stearman they're after. :whistle:

:thumbup:

Maybury is not 19, nor is he a promising young defender. £3 mil is a bit steep but he is worth far more than Maybury.

ok we will see how Stearmans future pans out, but id bet anyone he wont have a successful premiership career and by that I mean playing regular football over a few years.

in my opinion he's average and I cant see how he's gonna make this dramatic improvement.

ok we will see how Stearmans future pans out, but id bet anyone he wont have a successful premiership career and by that I mean playing regular football over a few years.

in my opinion he's average and I cant see how he's gonna make this dramatic improvement.

Not average.

When he plays at his best he reads the game so well that he gets to the ball so early that you're amazed at the time he has to play the ball. And he has enough pace to recover from some of the feck-ups he makes - at some point he won't make them. Plus he likes to score - he's just not afraid to get in the opposition's box nor to have a go. And although he's had 3 shockers this season, in terms of latent quality I reckon he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Could go all the way. Or be another Titus Bramble.

Not average.

When he plays at his best he reads the game so well that he gets to the ball so early that you're amazed at the time he has to play the ball. And he has enough pace to recover from some of the feck-ups he makes - at some point he won't make them. Plus he likes to score - he's just not afraid to get in the opposition's box nor to have a go. And although he's had 3 shockers this season, in terms of latent quality I reckon he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Could go all the way. Or be another Titus Bramble.

Well summed up. You've got to consider his age as well. For someone so young he really does play the game like an experienced pro at times but he was bound to have a dip in form at some point. His level of performance last season was going to be very hard to keep up but he seems to be raising his game again. I just love to see his reactions when he scores goals. He seems to love the club although he probably loves football more than anything.

Exactly. Anyway it's the media that come up with these rumours that lead to unsettling players. Villa might be after him but it's never been O'Neill's nature to publically let out that he's after a certain player. At Leicester you often didn't find out he was interested in signing a player until you saw him in a press conference with him to announce the signing. This is just paper talk, that could have some eventual truth in it but it makes a fairly decent story what with our up and coming game, etc.

Well summed up. You've got to consider his age as well. For someone so young he really does play the game like an experienced pro at times but he was bound to have a dip in form at some point. His level of performance last season was going to be very hard to keep up but he seems to be raising his game again. I just love to see his reactions when he scores goals. He seems to love the club although he probably loves football more than anything.

It would be great to see him play with a winger who could support him when he attacked. Like Beckham/Neville used to be.

Low tries but he's no natural defender. And when Hughes is around you'd think he'd be scared silly to risk going forward at all. It worked defensively with Maybury but Maybury offered so little nothing in attack the idea was just holding us back.

I noticed Duff played full-back for Newcastle last night so there are wingers who can defend. I noticed Gradel tried hard in this respect against Watford. He seemed to find it quite hard getting his head around the idea but made some useful contributions nevertheless.

He should keep working at it cos there's no way he'll be a winger in a Kelly team without being a defender too.

It would be great to see him play with a winger who could support him when he attacked. Like Beckham/Neville used to be.

Low tries but he's no natural defender. And when Hughes is around you'd think he'd be scared silly to risk going forward at all. It worked defensively with Maybury but Maybury offered so little nothing in attack the idea was just holding us back.

I noticed Duff played full-back for Newcastle last night so there are wingers who can defend. I noticed Gradel tried hard in this respect against Watford. He seemed to find it quite hard getting his head around the idea but made some useful contributions nevertheless.

He should keep working at it cos there's no way he'll be a winger in a Kelly team without being a defender too.

Unfortunately in this day and age, teams don't like to play with wingers who aren't capable of tracking back. Even Ronaldo at Man United is quite decent defensively, but he does often get caught out. To be honest, you go on about having a team where all outfield players are capable of attacking, well we should also have a team capable of defending aswell. Attack and defend in units.

if they want to sign a young right back/centre back why not go for Greg Halford of Colchester. No disrespect to stearman who is a great talent but it seems like Halford is a better player than stearman with more potential.

Was that the guy Porter came up against. If so it's funny how no-one mentioned that when Porter was struggling to get by him. All they could say was that Porter was crap! Perhaps now it's a little clearer why he could have done with some support from the likes of Hughes, Nils, Johnson and Wesolowski which never materialised.

Was that the guy Porter came up against. If so it's funny how no-one mentioned that when Porter was struggling to get by him. All they could say was that Porter was crap! Perhaps now it's a little clearer why he could have done with some support from the likes of Hughes, Nils, Johnson and Wesolowski which never materialised.

I did actually say at the time, possibly not on here but to my brother on the day who wasn't impressed with Porter that he probably came up against the best young right back in the division.

Archived