Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

MON 4 Stearman

If we can sell him and make up our budget shortfall for the year and put back £500k into the playing budget we should take it. £3m would be good business for the club.

£3m fair enough, can't see them bidding that for him but you never know these days with the new cash-rich clubs.

And I don't trust Kelly to spend £500k wisely either, to be honest.

£3m fair enough, can't see them bidding that for him but you never know these days with the new cash-rich clubs.

And I don't trust Kelly to spend £500k wisely either, to be honest.

Well Wigan were silly enough to pay 3M for Connolly so maybe Villa woulld. Cant see it happening though, 2m more likely.

Regardless of any figure I would think everything will depend on our League position come January. And what our future policy is going to be in respect of the team. We'll not be under any great pressure to sell.

Our assets are growing significantly in every way, both the property and the players. And should we maintain momentum results wise - and with the prospective bonus of Kelly actually committing us to some attacking - then our gates and associated revenues will increase.

Regardless of any figure I would think everything will depend on our League position come January. And what our future policy is going to be in respect of the team. We'll not be under any great pressure to sell.

Our assets are growing significantly in every way, both the property and the players. And should we maintain momentum results wise - and with the prospective bonus of Kelly actually committing us to some attacking - then our gates and associated revenues will increase.

Exactly, should we maintain momentum. Three weeks ago it would have been a different story. Just because we've won two games in a row, we can't assume that we'll be in play-off contention for the rest of the season. We're not even in the top half at the moment. If we're in the bottom half in January and we get a bid of anywhere around £2-3m for Stearman, he'll be off.

Although it could be a good feal on paper, unless we are desperate (league position), he goes into decline or wants to leave. It would demonstrate a complete lack of confidence, by the board in our ability to get out of this league and could well blow back in their face. Especially since they've already demostrated where we stand by refusing a previous bid.

Although it could be a good feal on paper, unless we are desperate (league position), he goes into decline or wants to leave. It would demonstrate a complete lack of confidence, by the board in our ability to get out of this league and could well blow back in their face. Especially since they've already demostrated where we stand by refusing a previous bid.

It depends, on the offer, and what is done with the cash!!!

In the short term it would seem as though as a backward step but for eg new signings and improvement to our team, which overall make us promotion contenders would be an acceptable barter!! IMO, I don't think the board are bold enough to implement such a strategy, it's rotten to the core with failure!!!

It depends, on the offer, and what is done with the cash!!!

In the short term it would seem as though as a backward step but for eg new signings and improvement to our team, which overall make us promotion contenders would be an acceptable barter!! IMO, I don't think the board are bold enough to implement such a strategy, it's rotten to the core with failure!!!

I'm not sure the Board deserve such a bad Press. Looking at where the club was when they took over after Administration and where we are now I'd say they have much to be pleased about.

This time 15 months ago, Connolly apart, City's team were a bunch of no-hopers with very little value.

We now have the best young players the club has ever had coming through in numbers. Five are already in and around the team with another two or three getting ever closer.

As a result our on field assets have increased unrecognisably. The value of our property assets has also increased dramatically within the market and, after the hiccup of Levein's management, the club have avoided relegation when vulnberable and would appear to be on the verge of playing some more watchable, most attacking football.

They've recently reported a trading profit (how many clubs would like that), have had the courage to resist bids for at least one and probably two of our best assets and have offered some quite imaginative ticket deals.

We have progressed in the League Cup to the point of having a presumably lucrative match against Villa and have just gone six games unbeaten, albeit not always prettily.

Yes, some things defy belief. The Reserves situation for a start. Our indifferent PR at times. Some would say the lack of investment although that can be a mixed blessing.

But, overall, for a bunch of so-called flops, they've got a lot of pluses to point at.

And they'venot taen long to show those pluses.

I'm not sure the Board deserve such a bad Press. Looking at where the club was when they took over after Administration and where we are now I'd say they have much to be pleased about.

This time 15 months ago, Connolly apart, City's team were a bunch of no-hopers with very little value.

We now have the best young players the club has ever had coming through in numbers. Five are already in and around the team with another two or three getting ever closer.

As a result our on field assets have increased unrecognisably. The value of our property assets has also increased dramatically within the market and, after the hiccup of Levein's management, the club have avoided relegation when vulnberable and would appear to be on the verge of playing some more watchable, most attacking football.

They've recently reported a trading profit (how many clubs would like that), have had the courage to resist bids for at least one and probably two of our best assets and have offered some quite imaginative ticket deals.

We have progressed in the League Cup to the point of having a presumably lucrative match against Villa and have just gone six games unbeaten, albeit not always prettily.

Yes, some things defy belief. The Reserves situation for a start. Our indifferent PR at times. Some would say the lack of investment although that can be a mixed blessing.

But, overall, for a bunch of so-called flops, they've got a lot of pluses to point at.

And they'venot taen long to show those pluses.

My point was aimed at the boards inability to take the club forward from a 'team' perspective, rather then financial etc, for which I do take your point that they have atleast stabilised the club!!!

My purely emotional response is: no thanks.

Seeing as it was speculated that Stearman's poor form (which I think only last for a couple of games, although others disagree) at the start of the season was due to Sunderland's bid unsettling him, do you think MON might be trying the same thing here, knowing that Stearman will probably be playing against them.

My purely emotional response is: no thanks.

Seeing as it was speculated that Stearman's poor form (which I think only last for a couple of games, although others disagree) at the start of the season was due to Sunderland's bid unsettling him, do you think MON might be trying the same thing here, knowing that Stearman will probably be playing against them.

Oooooh I love conspiracy theories! :cool:

Archived