Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

MON 4 Stearman

My purely emotional response is: no thanks.

Seeing as it was speculated that Stearman's poor form (which I think only last for a couple of games, although others disagree) at the start of the season was due to Sunderland's bid unsettling him, do you think MON might be trying the same thing here, knowing that Stearman will probably be playing against them.

i can't imagine he'd be that scared in all honesty

We should allow him to go for at least 3 million and have a 1 million clause if they stay up! Maybury can play that side and well security for the club is more important than any player.

or even

Come on Martin gives loads of Dosh! have a bad hair day and write a cheque for 10 million!

We could bank it and spend 9 million on a forward , I hear Leigham Orris is really good! :pinch: :pinch: :blink:

i can't imagine he'd be that scared in all honesty

You'd hope not. The speculation this summer from Sunderland did a good job of making him sh!t for the start of the season, and if this has the same effect we'd be in trouble :(

You'd hope not. The speculation this summer from Sunderland did a good job of making him sh!t for the start of the season, and if this has the same effect we'd be in trouble :(

You're sepculating that it was the affect of the speculation :P

Stearman is back on form by the looks of things and his value will start to rise again if he plays like he has done in the past week. Goalscoring defenders are hard to come by and O'Neill loves a defender who can score him goals. I don't think we should sell Stearman just yet, he's still only 19 and his potential is massive. But we are in a position where we need money and if the Mandaric deal doesn't come off then our only hope is to get a tasty bit of money come in to strengthen the rest of the team and have a right good crack at promotion. It's about cashing in at the right time, like West Brom should have done with Davies in the summer.

O'Neill doesn't pay over the odds for players, very rarely anyway. So I think we'd struggle to get a fee that would make it worthwhile for us.

The speculation with Stearman came after he'd been dropped, the bid came in on or around the last few days of August, Stearman has already had his two shocking games for us and was dropped. During the time of his bad spell, Sunderland had actually got a bid placed for Maybury and only turned to Stearman right at the last minute when they were throwing bids in for lots of players.

sorry i wasnt very clear. my point was that MON is unlikely to pick stearman to unsettle ahead of our cup game, the lad is not one of the top performers for us at the moment and was seem a strange choice compared to paddy k etc.

You're sepculating that it was the affect of the speculation :P

lol nice. Clever. Like it. Make other people the subject of it not me :(:P

The speculation with Stearman came after he'd been dropped, the bid came in on or around the last few days of August, Stearman has already had his two shocking games for us and was dropped. During the time of his bad spell, Sunderland had actually got a bid placed for Maybury and only turned to Stearman right at the last minute when they were throwing bids in for lots of players.

Right you are, sorry lol I didn't check me facts before hand, I was just replying to the post I quoted :)

sorry i wasnt very clear. my point was that MON is unlikely to pick stearman to unsettle ahead of our cup game, the lad is not one of the top performers for us at the moment and was seem a strange choice compared to paddy k etc.

Right.

I'd just like to clarify that I made a mistake in my post and I now apologise for misintepreting the post I quoted in the first place. Do not correct me any more as I am now aware of me mistake :P

Thankyou :thumbup:

it wouldn't be the end of the world if stearman had a crap game next tues to turn villa off him, cus i want to keep him.

Should make for an interesting team talk!

Kelly:

"Right Stears, I want you to start limping early on. Make sure you don't do anything to slow their attacks and if you gt the chance of a back pass make sure you hit it wide of the goallie and hard - you know what Logan's like for getting a hand to things.

"Obviously I can't keep you on all night doing these things but you might manage to nick another goal for them with an accidental tap in from one of their crosses before I have to replace you.

"Don't worry about being marked down on Foxestalk. Hughes and Johnson get that every week and I just ignore em. Have a good un lads and let's have a bad un from you Stears!!!!."

it wouldn't be the end of the world if stearman had a crap game next tues to turn villa off him, cus i want to keep him.

He'll score, he has a very good record in the League cup. 5 games played, 2 goals scored. Infact in 50 odd games he's played for us he's scored 7 goals, which for a defender is excellent and 15-20 of those appearances have been from the bench. Get him up front! Especially considering the new folk hero Elvis Hammond has only scored 6 goals in 40 odd appearances at this club, embarrassing!

He'll score, he has a very good record in the League cup. 5 games played, 2 goals scored. Infact in 50 odd games he's played for us he's scored 7 goals, which for a defender is excellent and 15-20 of those appearances have been from the bench. Get him up front! Especially considering the new folk hero Elvis Hammond has only scored 6 goals in 40 odd appearances at this club, embarrassing!

He has also took hes goals very well for a defender, For example his goals againts Wednesday and Cov last season.

He has also took hes goals very well for a defender, For example his goals againts Wednesday and Cov last season.

He's technically a very gifted footballer. Obviously he's got his weaknesses and will have some dodgy games but I think he could play anywhere on pitch (perhaps not in goal) and would do well. I've said it before but I think he would do alright up front, not that we should ever need to use him unless injuries or we're chasing a game. Defenders probably think they could bully him with his physique but his shooting ability is spot on.

hopefully not true,but if the right offer was to come in i would let him go. kenton keeping him out at the moment. sure he would rather be playng.not sure he would go straight into villa team so who knows

if they want to sign a young right back/centre back why not go for Greg Halford of Colchester. No disrespect to stearman who is a great talent but it seems like Halford is a better player than stearman with more potential.

we should do what other teams do with their youngsters if its going to be a sale and get the highest price available which should be at least three million , if there is going to be a bidding war then so much the better because you can guarantee that agents will take a huge slice.

of course if we do not have to sell then maybe we shouldnt but ive got the feeling stearman wants out if villa come in.

Archived