Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leeds fail with Kilgallon appeal

:banana: Tossers, the whole damn club. Why bother appealing when it was painfully obvious he always deserved the card.

General question: Has anyone had a card rescinded? Ever?

quite a few but the ref normally admits he made a mistake for that to happen, has to be a straight red 2

They were hoping the authorities had an off-day and decided to rescind anyway.

That's the only reason I could think of.

You appeal, usually, when the red card was a bit iffy. You'd have be to a complete moron to think a straight red for the last defender bringing down an onrushing attacker was 'iffy'. :P

Some teams appeal just on the off chance it'll be rescinded - as Leeds have done. Unless they truly are managed by a bunch of morons.

Hmmmm... :whistle:

:banana: Tossers, the whole damn club. Why bother appealing when it was painfully obvious he always deserved the card.

General question: Has anyone had a card rescinded? Ever?

Lots of people have their red cards recinded. Callum Davenport just the other day for Tottenham got his recinded...

Biggest joke of an appeal I've seen for a while. On what basis they were appealing, I'd love to know. It was basically a decision that a very small percentage of refs may not have given as a red card but you could never say it was definitely not a red, which has to be the case for them to be rescinded. Pathetic attempt to draw attention away from a shocking run of form and the sooner they start admitting how bad they are, the better. Denial will get them nowhere.

Biggest joke of an appeal I've seen for a while. On what basis they were appealing, I'd love to know. It was basically a decision that a very small percentage of refs may not have given as a red card but you could never say it was definitely not a red, which has to be the case for them to be rescinded. Pathetic attempt to draw attention away from a shocking run of form and the sooner they start admitting how bad they are, the better. Denial will get them nowhere.

It might get them to Khartoum :P

Was never going to be rescinded though was it?? I mean seriously. Which ever way you look at it, Kilgallon took him out, he was the last man and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Straight (and deserved) red :)

Bloody oath, that's one foul that I really can't stand. You can't keep up with a forward or he's gotten past you, so you deck him. Leeds benefited from a similar call when Brad Jones tripped Healy in the Sheff Wed game a few rounds back. I can't believe people were dubbing the penalty 'controversial'. Jones slid into him then neatly tapped Healy's foot out from under him! So they really can't bitch when they commit a similar foul and cop it.

Archived