Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Hoping for time out injured....

I DON'T WANT to tempt fate in anyway, but I've got to the stage now whereby if I was told certain players would be injured for the season, I'd actually rejoice !!! Sounds sad and I really don't want to tempt fate, but which players would that be??

If Johnson, Douglas, Sylla (although better vs Palace) and Low got injured for the season, I wouldn't be too upset !! :ph34r:

I DON'T WANT to tempt fate in anyway, but I've got to the stage now whereby if I was told certain players would be injured for the season, I'd actually rejoice !!! Sounds sad and I really don't want to tempt fate, but which players would that be??

If Johnson, Douglas, Sylla (although better vs Palace) and Low got injured for the season, I wouldn't be too upset !! :ph34r:

Unbelievable that someone could wish an injury on any law abiding human being. Get behind the team and stop being so silly.

Neither would I but I wouldn't wish an injury on anybody. Just release them instead. :P

Speaking of injuries, five of our first teamers were sat a few seats away from me at the weekend. Rab was there but we know he's been dropped, Johnson seemed fine, Paddy's face seemed to be back in order, Fryatt seemed fine and when I asked him when he was gonna be back he said 'sometime' but Williams was on crutches so it seems he could be out for a little while yet :(

It's a bit out of character but I'd like to say a word in Nils defence...

No, he's not my idea of the ideal left back. I think he's slow on the turn, not a good passer, and certainly not athlete enough to constantly hare up and down the flanks as a constantly supportive wing back.

But, defensively Nils has had a remarkably consistent season. He does much to prevent his weaknesses getting exposed and, as far as his abilities go, he's given everything he's got in all the matches I've watched. His height too in and around the penalty box has been important in a smallish side.

Furthermore, the defence works. It is rarely taken apart and generally offers very few chances in a game.

Others like Sylla, Low, Johnson and Hughes don't represent departments which are on top of their game. They are demonstrably part of the problem those areas have and the number of good games (rating 6.5/7 points or better) are scarce from any of them.

To deserve your place in a team a player should clock up seven "good" games out of 10. I doubt those four mentioned have managed more than two good games out of 10.

Archived