Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team for QPR

my team

---------------Logan

Kenton McAuley Kisnorbo Nissa

Stearman Wesolowski Tiatto Welsh

---------Hume Hammond

Subs Henderson, Mayberry, Gradel, Fryatt, McCarthy

Tiatto in the middle for me, i'd probably play Porter right and stearman in the middle if Porter was fit. I don't want Sylla or Lowe near the side.

Not sure if Williams is fit either

Shame about Walsh mate he retired a few years back.... :rolleyes:

And you got the wingers the wrong way around?

Other than that - looks like a solid team. One that wont let much through the midfield.

is welsh only 1 footed, i was under the impression he is 2 footed and i would prefer him on the right in this case.

looking at QPR Solid will do as they prob wont score many and we should be able to, id perhaps like to see 3 up front if behind.....defend from the front.

my team

---------------Logan

---------Hume Hammond

Tiatto in the middle for me, i'd probably play Porter right and stearman in the middle if Porter was fit. I don't want Sylla or Lowe near the side.

Porter might be fit in time, his illness has gone cleared up, so now it's a question of being in good enough shape to play.

Williams is certainly not going to be in the 16, he's some weeks away from a return to action just yet. ;)

Porter might be fit in time, his illness has gone cleared up, so now it's a question of being in good enough shape to play.

Williams is certainly not going to be in the 16, he's some weeks away from a return to action just yet. ;)

Come on Lookwhat, you know better than that. Stearman on the right is just a make-do. We've seen Stearman play there in spells already this season already and its no good.

Either put him in the middle with Weso or in his natural full-back role. You can't just accommodate Kenton and Tiatto for the sake of it.

If you don't think we've got a worthwhile right winger adjust the system by all means. But as it is Gradel and Porter are the only players capable of doing the job properly and I don't suppose Porter will take longer to get fit than Tiatto.

Come on Lookwhat, you know better than that. Stearman on the right is just a make-do. We've seen Stearman play there in spells already this season already and its no good.

Either put him in the middle with Weso or in his natural full-back role. You can't just accommodate Kenton and Tiatto for the sake of it.

If you don't think we've got a worthwhile right winger adjust the system by all means. But as it is Gradel and Porter are the only players capable of doing the job properly and I don't suppose Porter will take longer to get fit than Tiatto.

I wasn't advocating Stearman on the right... least I don't think I was. :P

I was just answering some queries regarding team availability.

I agree Stearman on the right is a make-do (frankly, you could say the same about most of our midfield at the minute - Sylla on the right? Stearman in the middle? Low on the left? That's a makeshift midfield if there ever was one!) :P

I'd never dream of accommodating Kenton and Tiatto for the sake of it. Tiatto's had his spells, and I would definitely keep him in the 16. But as I said - my last post wasn't my team sheet, it was someone else's - I was just answering questions about the availability. ;)

Thracian, I don't think I've actually posted my own team sheet here, because I've essentially selected the same team that Rob did on Tuesday, perhaps a couple of changes, though.

Just for you, this is what I'm thinking of for QPR. ;)

---------------------

Logan

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Johansson

Sylla, Stearman, Wesolowski, Welsh

Hammond, Hume

Subs: Henderson, Tiatto, Kenton, Gradel, Odhiambo

---------------------

As much as I dislike Sylla as a player (still think he's mostly useless, occasionally alright) I'd prefer him to Low right now. Gradel makes the bench, he was rumoured to be in line for a call to the 16 for Tuesday but was taken ill (don't think that's been confirmed at all yet, though?) so I don't think he'd be ready for a start tomorrow in any case.

Tiatto, I'm to assume, is probably not fully fit, so the bench it is for him.

Odhiambo makes the bench again, we could perhaps give him another 20 minute run out. I'm going to leave Fryatt off the bench, I think it'd be sensible to leave him out at this point as he's only done about two days of training so far.

Kenton can take a position on the bench again as he's our flexi-defender.

Decided to give Maybury another run out at RB, not sure if that's clever or not, but I figured since Stearman is in the middle, we'd need to replace him with the slightly more mobile RB (Maybury over Kenton is what I'm assuming to be true).

:yesyes:

my team

---------------Logan

---------Hume Hammond

stearman on the right wont work....already tried and failed

besides qualities of an rm are entirely different to passing, tackling qualities of a cm....a winger or right midfielder must be very quick to pick up the ball run with...no not stearman...put porter on the right wing he ll play miles better there

Stearman can play on the right. Just cos he had a mare as a late sub against West Brom doesn't mean he can't. Who would have had him down as a central midfielder before the Villa game? He's got quality and would be a decent fit at right midfield imo.

He's more attack capable than Maybury - so if you're going to stick a defender on the right side of midfield, Stearman's your man. I'm not entirely sure he's a good fit there - I can't say for certain as I didn't see his WBA performance and don't recall the feedback from it.

Besides, he did brilliantly in the centre against Villa - so he should be tried there again short term. I don't think we really have anyone who's fit enough to replace him in the middle just yet anyway. You could stick Sylla in the middle, I suppose, but I think if you're going to have Sylla and Stearman in the same midfield, you'd put Sylla out wide. Tiatto probably hasn't got 90 minutes in him or anything like that. Hughes and Johnson are still out, as is Williams. Porter may or may not make it. We're still threadbare in the middle - so if Weso and Stears are up for it, they should be tried again.

Stearman can play on the right. Just cos he had a mare as a late sub against West Brom doesn't mean he can't. Who would have had him down as a central midfielder before the Villa game? He's got quality and would be a decent fit at right midfield imo.

He's had lots of experience playing central midfield in his earlier days.

Archived