Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

kellys record

I suppose at least this season our defenders seem to be getting a fair few goals, but our midfield is embarrassing when it comes to scoring. We still rarely keep clean sheets, even though defensively I think we look sharp. So we must start taking our chances. We need Fryatt back aswell, the way we are playing at the minute could be perfect for Matty as we are creating plenty of chances and he loves chances.

And that's why Stearman (and Kisnorbo obviously) must play every week, you can rely on those two to get you about 12 goals between them, which is priceless for a team with a midfield like ours...err, us :D.

And that's why Stearman (and Kisnorbo obviously) must play every week, you can rely on those two to get you about 12 goals between them, which is priceless for a team with a midfield like ours...err, us :D.

I agree. I also think McAuley will probably get us 4 or 5 if he replicates his form at Lincoln. Either McCarthy can bollocks or we play 3-5-2. Kelly should take that in to consideration.

I agree. I also think McAuley will probably get us 4 or 5 if he replicates his form at Lincoln. Either McCarthy can bollocks or we play 3-5-2. Kelly should take that in to consideration.

I think McCarthy should bollocks to be honest. McAuley might look like Matt Heath but McCarthy reminds me of him more the way he plays.... :ph34r::ph34r:

Definitely agree. This is partly why I have argued against Thracian's gung-ho philosophy quite a lot (that IS what it is!) We don't seem to have natural finishers in the side. Even when we were winning last season, Fryatt and Hume were the only ones scoring (and Joey I suppose), and we were nicking a lot of games 1-0 and 2-1.

I have never favoured a "gung ho" policy - quite the oppositite really because I would never countenance players who cannot retain possession for one game never mind a season or more.

I've always wanted aggressive, but fair, ball winners in the side - but the sort who could pass the ball efficiently when they'd won it. I've always favoured defenders like Walsh/Elliott who could also score and I've always favoured "winners" who have the bottle to get in the box and can shoot when they get there.

What the hell is gung ho about that? I said we wouldn't score enough goals if we didn't field more players with attacking capabilities and that has been proven. Just because you field more attackers doesn't mean they have to be people who cannot tackle or shoot.

Why do you think I am so against the likes of Sylla, Low and Hughes in the side.

My approach wasn't and wouldn't be gung ho. Just because we attack in force doesn't mean we should then retreat and give the others a chance. No...get up their arses and give them not a minute's respite.

That's not gung ho. That's being ruthless and relentless.

I think McCarthy should bollocks to be honest. McAuley might look like Matt Heath but McCarthy reminds me of him more the way he plays.... :ph34r::ph34r:

McCarthy also looks like Frank Spencer, which if you couple that with Matt Heath-esque ability doesn't inspire you much.

I agree but I wouldn't be so sure. McCarthy's a powerful presence around the place.

He's the advantage of being captain.

That's so unfair. :(

:P

Oh well... McCarthy's only one yellow away from a ban, so McAuley wouldn't have to wait long to play again if he did get dropped! ;)

He's the advantage of being captain.

That's so unfair. :(

:P

Oh well... McCarthy's only one yellow away from a ban, so McAuley wouldn't have to wait long to play again if he did get dropped! ;)

McCarthy probably won't be playing until the Sheffield Wednesday game on November 4th so McAuley has at least two more games before he has a week's rest :P:thumbup:

I wonder what will happen if Hume stops his rich vein of form? Because since Kelly's said it's time for us to open up abit we've not kept a clean sheet and if it wasn't for Hume we'd probably be in the relegation zone. That's why i'm not getting too carried away. I'm happy that we are playing better and putting together some good results but if we continue to concede the amount of goals that we have been doing then we must continue to score goals and the only player who seems to be capable of doing that regularly is Hume. However I do hope Kelly doesn't become more cautious, he needs to drill it in to our team to take our chances and become more ruthless.

I'm just still not entirely convinced we have entered in to a new dawn just yet. I hope we have but there's a long way to go.

perfect you ve got a good brain...only too right. really hope that weso will make the difference in midfield and allow the defence to cope..but i d like to see a bit of zdenek zeman style of play...this coach is adored in italy for the style of ballgame he plays...pure attacking flowing footy

pure attacking flowing footy

The type of footy Arsene Wenger gets his team playing? The type of footy you need to play to gain promotion from this league?? We're capable, we just don't take our chances, and fail to kill games off when we're on top.

perfect you ve got a good brain...only too right. really hope that weso will make the difference in midfield and allow the defence to cope..but i d like to see a bit of zdenek zeman style of play...this coach is adored in italy for the style of ballgame he plays...pure attacking flowing footy

Careful. You'll get mocked. :D:D:D

The type of footy Arsene Wenger gets his team playing? The type of footy you need to play to gain promotion from this league??

Er, what was the last team to get promotion from this league playing that kind of football?

Er, what was the last team to get promotion from this league playing that kind of football?

I don't know about that sort of football but Reading scored over 90 goals last season - which is pretty rampant to me.

And what's it matter. Since when do we have to let other people set the parameters. Look at Beaglehole's approach. Four or five goals a game on average and when someone levels at 4-4 in the last minute he still goes all out and gets his team to grab a winner.

Sod what the others do. Let them carry the f.....g balls back.

Portsmouth scored over 95 goals when they won the league ahead of us and finished on 98 points winning 29 of their games, Sunderland scored less than those two but still finished on 94 points winning 29 of their games and Reading scored 99 and finished on 106 points, winning 31 of their games. I'd say that this suggests attacking football may well be the way to go in this league really.

Infact looking through stats, I think the lowest amount of points to gain automatic promotion from this league since it changed to 2 automatic promtion spots has been 86, and you don't get 86 points without scoring a lot of goals and playing attacking football

soccerbase.com ;)

Win ratio: 38.1% of games.

Interesting to note that so far, RK's win ratio is a little higher than MON's. Let's hope he can keep up the good work. ;)

^ Just edited my post regarding O'Neil's record. :yesyes:

Obviously 33 games and 223 are a long way apart in terms of a record, but still... interesting factoid. ;)

Portsmouth scored over 95 goals when they won the league ahead of us and finished on 98 points winning 29 of their games, Sunderland scored less than those two but still finished on 94 points winning 29 of their games and Reading scored 99 and finished on 106 points, winning 31 of their games. I'd say that this suggests attacking football may well be the way to go in this league really.

Infact looking through stats, I think the lowest amount of points to gain automatic promotion from this league since it changed to 2 automatic promtion spots has been 86, and you don't get 86 points without scoring a lot of goals and playing attacking football

with a good defence ehhh

barnsley attack but they re still shitt

with a good defence ehhh

barnsley attack but they re still shitt

Yes I'd obviously say that if you're gona attack you need to have a good defense. There's no point in attacking and scoring many a goal if you're only gona concede the same amount or more. I think that's what RK is basing things on when he said that our defense now look solid so we are going to open up and try to score more goals and take it to teams.

How are any of those playing like Arsenal? Did you not go to any of the matches then?

How are any of those playing like Arsenal? Did you not go to any of the matches then?

Look mate, we never agree on anything and we're not agreeing again. I don't care. I never said any of those were playing like Arsenal, and if I infered it in any way then it was a mistake. I said Arsenal play attacking football because a poster before me said that a team in Italy love their gaffer 'cos he makes them play attacking football, which led me to say like Arsene Wenger gets his team to play. The stats I gave are simply there to show that you need to play attacking football, take the game to teams and score a lot of goals to gain automatic promotion from this league. If you can't see that then go and get your eyes checked.

Archived