Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

QPR- Leicester City Ratings

:laugh: Fair enough.

Twice as many goals... So that'll be two instead of one then?

I'm not even going to compare Fryatt and Hammond's goalscoring records. It would be embarrassing for Elvis.

Nor would I wish to and I'd see no point really cos it would have no relevence to this season. Fryatt's underperformed this season and that's a fact. When he returns to full fitness and full sharpness then maybe he'll justify being in the starting line-up. But right now he doesn't and it's not our major problem.

Our problem is finding players who can give the right passes and support to whoever's up front cos, right now, most strikers would struggle to feed of the nibbles they get from Leicester's midfield.

Nor would I wish to and I'd see no point really cos it would have no relevence to this season. Fryatt's underperformed this season and that's a fact. When he returns to full fitness and full sharpness then maybe he'll justify being in the starting line-up. But right now he doesn't and it's not our major problem.

Our problem is finding players who can give the right passes and support to whoever's up front cos, right now, most strikers would struggle to feed of the nibbles they get from Leicester's midfield.

Yep, seems a bit strange though to put Hammond's poor performance down to the midfield when Fryatt was playing in front of arguably worse players (the Tiatto/Maybury axis of evil on the wings for the first two games, Johnson, Hughes etc) and getting the same poor service, yet he gets derided for being off-form and Hammond is exalted. Either way, let's hope Kelly sorts the midfield and we actually give our strikers some decent chances to put away instead of them having to make all of their chances themselves. :thumbup:

Yep, seems a bit strange though to put Hammond's poor performance down to the midfield when Fryatt was playing in front of arguably worse players (the Tiatto/Maybury axis of evil on the wings for the first two games, Johnson, Hughes etc) and getting the same poor service, yet he gets derided for being off-form and Hammond is exalted. Either way, let's hope Kelly sorts the midfield and we actually give our strikers some decent chances to put away instead of them having to make all of their chances themselves. :thumbup:

Not at all. I think Fryatt and Hume have also suffered. I don't wish to deride any of our strikers. What with COG and Dodds in the shadows, we've got five perfectly good options up front. But all of them need feeding. Porter is a must and we need one more supplier to go with a rottweiler. King, to me is the only player we've got that could, I only say could, do the job.

Then we'd have something like:

Logan;

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nils;

Porter, King, then 2 from Wesolowski/Tiatto/Welsh;

Hammond, Hume.

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Gradel, O'Grady, Fryatt.

If we are struggling creatively or losing Porter could move inside and Gradel go on the wing or we could go 4-3-3 with Fryatt/COG joining the other two and Porter, KIng, Weso/Tiatto/Welsh in midfield which would be about at attacking as we could be right now, especially if Stearman joined midfield to leave three at the back.

Would like to see;

Logan

Kenton, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Johansson

Stearman, Wesolowski, Williams, Porter

Fryatt, Hume

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Tiatto, Low, Hammond

But a lot of these team selections are much of a muchness - it's a case of key players keeping fit and playing to their potential. Our virtual second string performing well has proven we have got a bit more depth than perhaps was thought at the start of the season.

Going back on topic..

Logan - 6.

Kenton - 6

Kisnorbo - 9.*

McAuley - 6.

Johansson - 7.

Stearman - 6.

Tiatto - 7.

Wesolowski - 7.

Welsh - 6.

Hammond - 6.

Hume - 6.