Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

QPR- Leicester City Ratings

Logan: 8. Another great, great stop in the first half. Looked solid, distribution was ok but got predictable.

Kenton: 6. Kept falling over, painfully lazy marking Lee Cook. Good in the tackle though.

McAuley: 6. I didn't see the penalty incident, looked average otherwise.

Kisnorbo:*9. Good goal, solid, organised. Could have been much worse if not for the big Aussie.

Johansson:7. Probably on my own here, but I think he's a solid defender. A little out of place at times but looked alright.

Stearman:7. Not his best performance. Kept ignoring Lee Cook. Battled hard, mind and played well even if out of position at times.

Wesolowski:7.5. Some fantastic tackling in the first half. Not sure why he went off?

Tiatto:6.5. Not diabolical, but not great. Largely ran around like a headless chicken. Some ok free kick deliveries.

Welsh:5. Useless. I like the lad, normally, but he did fock all today.

Hume: 7. Greatly lacked a lot of his trademark edge though was happy to test their keeper with a couple of good shots.

Hammond:5.5. On top of his abysmal lack of touch / control, didn't look as interested as usual.

Subs: McCarthy 6, did nothing wrong; Fryatt 7, actually stopped and held up the ball - something Hammond completely failed to do. Should have scored, mind; Maybury 6, did nothing wrong?

Logan 7 - Pulled off a terrific safe in the first half and his kicking was good.

Kenton 7 - Defended tirelessly under severe pressure from Cook

Kisnorbo 9 - Man of the Match. Scored a goal and was a rock at the back, clearing everything.

McAuley 5 - Very good before the sending off which obviously had a huge impact on the game.

Johansson 7 - Steady as usual of late

Welsh 5 - His poorest display in a City shirt. Easily pushed off the ball.

Wesolowski 6 - Didn't get to grips with the match as usual

Tiatto 6 - Set up the goal but the pace of the game seemed too much for him, forcing him to make late challenges.

Stearman 6 - Out of position in the first half and it showed. Much better in the centre of midfield.

Hammond 6 - Tried hard but largely ineffective.

Hume 8 - Worked tirelessly and had a couple of decent attempts from goal, one from which Fryatt should have scored.

Subs:

Maybury 7 - Did well when he came on and helped to reduce Cook's impact.

Fryatt 5 - Didn't look match fit and should have scored but his shot was too weak.

McCarthy 7 - Defended well late on.

Overall - we gave away the ball far too much and defended too deep, inviting pressure onto us. Except for Cook, QPR looked a poor side but we handed them the initiative far too many times. We need someone in the middle of the park who can distribute the ball well and can retain possession to relieve pressure - Williams is clearly the answer or maybe Hughes if he can get his form together.

Logan: 7 - unlucky with the penalty - but pulled off some good stops. His kicks are very inconsistant though.

Kenton: 2. Had a shocker - Stearman and Maybury were constantly having to cover for him getting badly out of position.

McAuley: 7. Was solid right up to when he " Dive headered" the ball off the line. I certainly didnt see the hand and don't trust the refs judgment today seeing as he got so much else wrong.

Kisnorbo:*9. Good finish on the goal. A rock in defence, a serious threat in attack. He is the new Steve Walsh I hope.

Johansson: 7 - for once he was pretty solid - though as always his pass accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

Stearman:7. Did a lot of covering for Kenton, but would have been better in the middle, he aint no winger.

Wesolowski:6 - some good tackles but otherwise anonymous

Tiatto:6 most of the time he is good but gets these moments of madness where he just runs into trouble GET RID OF IT FFS!

Welsh:2 Utter waste of space today - there were people on the ball waiting for him to make the run and he just stood there. Then when he does get it, he never puts in an early cross and always gets tacked before he reaches the byline

Hume: 8. Worked his socks off I feel sorry for the poor sod having so many balls hoofed to him, he doesnt stand a chance. Almost created a goal in the dying moments if only fryatt had converted.

Hammond:5 Poor today, couldnt beat his man. QPR sussed his crafty cut ins from the left easily and I think only one led to a shot albeit a weak one.

Subs: McCarthy 6, decent considering I dont think he was expecting to come on.; Fryatt 1, just for missing that sitter; Maybury 7 Was good when he came on and covered Kentons poor positioning.

-------------------------------

Ref: 0 What a twat. I have been going to games for 14 years that performance comes in the top 15 worst.

I have to say, it looked much like a diving header to me. Given our distance from it though, I'll give him benefit of the doubt til I see it. Ref peaked at his worst when the crowd actually really changed his mind for him. Gave us a throw in, actually gave it and gestured. Then everyone kicked off and he actually seemed to change his mind? Think they got a free kick off it. Dunno if the lineo side something.

I have to say, it looked much like a diving header to me. Given our distance from it though, I'll give him benefit of the doubt til I see it. Ref peaked at his worst when the crowd actually really changed his mind for him. Gave us a throw in, actually gave it and gestured. Then everyone kicked off and he actually seemed to change his mind? Think they got a free kick off it. Dunno if the lineo side something.

Yeah. Was shocking.

logan 8 - showed again why he deserves to be there

kenton 5 - very poor game for him today just couldnt seem to keep up with the pace

kisnorbo 9- solid and won me £33 by scoring 1st woohooo

mcauley 8- again solid shame he got straight red for what looked like a diving header not hands

nils 7- got caught out a few times, let down from his performance on tues

welsh 6- thought he did alright although he did get pushed off the ball alot today

weso 7- tackled well and didnt give up

tiatto 8- never thought i would say it again but thought he did well, didnt jump into tackles to much and ball distribution is gettin better

stearman 7- had a nightmare down the right in 1st half when moved back into the middle again he was awesome

hammond 7

hume 8 shame his shot didnt go in :(

subs: maybury 6 i dont like him to slow and shys away 2 much

fryatt 6 thought to much about the rebound from humes shot didnt make to much of an impact IMO

mcarthy 7

Logan: 8. Another great, great stop in the first half. Looked solid, distribution was ok but got predictable.

Kenton: 6. Kept falling over, painfully lazy marking Lee Cook. Good in the tackle though.

McAuley: 6. I didn't see the penalty incident, looked average otherwise.

Kisnorbo:*9. Good goal, solid, organised. Could have been much worse if not for the big Aussie.

Johansson:7. Probably on my own here, but I think he's a solid defender. A little out of place at times but looked alright.

Stearman:7. Not his best performance. Kept ignoring Lee Cook. Battled hard, mind and played well even if out of position at times.

Wesolowski:7.5. Some fantastic tackling in the first half. Not sure why he went off?

Tiatto:6.5. Not diabolical, but not great. Largely ran around like a headless chicken. Some ok free kick deliveries.

Welsh:5. Useless. I like the lad, normally, but he did fock all today.

Hume: 7. Greatly lacked a lot of his trademark edge though was happy to test their keeper with a couple of good shots.

Hammond:5.5. On top of his abysmal lack of touch / control, didn't look as interested as usual.

Subs: McCarthy 6, did nothing wrong; Fryatt 7, actually stopped and held up the ball - something Hammond completely failed to do. Should have scored, mind; Maybury 6, did nothing wrong?

I'm happy with that, a pretty accurate report.

Logan 8 - One top draw save and another few good ones saved us from a beating.

Nils 6 - did ok. Nothing special.

Kisnorbo 10 - I thought this guy was incredible today. I dont think Ive ever seen a better defensive display from one man, he got onto every QPR cross and got the ball clear. Well taken goal too.

McAuley 8 - I think he headed it off the line but either way - good save!

Kenton 7 - Cook is a very tricky player but I think him and Stearman improved after a shaky start

Stearman 7 - same as Kenton

Weso 7 - not his best game but broke up play and was missed when he went off

Tiatto 7 - great cross for the goal and put another few quality crosses in from dead balls

Welsh 6 - got into good positions from taking his man on but crossing wasnt up to much

Hume 7 - typical hume really!

Hammond 7 - ran and ran but it just wont go for him!

Fryatt 6 - not match fit. Unlucky with his one chance because it wouldnt come down for him so he couldnt do much apart from prod it forward, unfortunately it was straight towards Royce.

Maybury 6 - nothing special

Zorro a.k.a Paddy Mac 6

kisnorbo 9- solid and won me £33 by scoring 1st woohooo

...and there was some people going all 'poor Holly' and 'isn't being a hard-up student a shame' and there's you going 'Ladbrokes have some of this'! :P:D

Logan 7.5 (Couple of splendid saves, faltered occasionally but only under severe pressure. Solid)

Kenton 4 (As I've been suspecting. Not impressive at all. The right studs might have helped. Spend half the afternoon on his arse and wasn't very special standing up. Their winger gave Welsh an object lesson in simply and quickly putting the ball in the box)

McAuley 7 (Couldn't see the penalty clearly but his general play and distribution were fine against competent opponents).

Kisnorbo 8 (Absolutely awesome defensively. But again his distribution let him down. If he ever plays Premiership - and he's one of the few that could - he will have to improve this aspect of his game dramatically).

Nils 7 (Solid again and is definitely trying much harder to pass his way out of defence)

Stearman 7 (But not as a winger, as a midfielder where he spent most of his time and really meant it. Top man second half)

Wesolowski 5 (Never at the races really)

Tiatto 4 (Apart from three decent free kicks, should give his wages to Hammond who made countless breaks and never once received a decent pass from him. Sometimes it only required a simple through ball into space. A Porter ball really. How we miss the lad. Our one really creative, accurate, ball retaining footballer).

Welsh 4 (Never won anything - either the ball from 50-50's, or his battle with their full-back. Tried to take him on occasionally but failed and didn't then do the sensible thing and retain possession. Needs to vary his approach and improve his accuracy. Not even in the same class as Porter.

Hammond 7 (Endless energy a couple of half chances but so many good runs which our midfield should have complimented. Totally let down by those behind him)

Hume 7 (One wonderful shot which was parried and which gifted Fryatt a chance that he fluffed from six yards when all he needed was good contact. Another who lacked support despite determined foraging.)

Subs:

McCarthy 6.5. (Brave to even take the field and helped us combat their late efforts to take all three points).

Fryatt 2 (A token two. What else could you award. One chance, a gift for a striker of his suppoed calibre, and he never looked sharp enough to take it).

Maybury 6 (Okay. Better than Kenton for sure).

There must have been some sort of optical illusion regarding the penalty because, from the City fans end, no-one seemed to see it as a penalty. I'll be interested to see the video analysis.

What I thought was shitty was the fact that even though we were defending deep towards the end of the halves, and QPR were all over us at times, the only goal they managed to pull from the game was from that dodgy penalty.

We probably only deserved a point, but we seem to be on the receiving end of shitty calls like that more often than not, and also stupid single errors that cost us games despite those errors not having any continuing impact on the rest of the game.

Archived