Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Leicester - Stoke Ratings

I think we must both be biased as each other in respect of Hammond and Fryatt!

I don't think either had any significant effect. Both tried hard enough with no service once again. It's just that Hammond had longer to try than Fryatt. Hammond even had a shot at the start of the second half but I'm not sure Fryatt did.

The only case either really made last night or on Saturday was for Dodds. But we now have an eight match unbeaten run to consider and that's not insignificant.

In the 30 mins or so that Fryatt played he looked sharp and hungry. Hammond gave up as usual when things didn't go his way. I've also noticed that although Elvis's pace is a dangerous tool for us to have, he cannot hold the ball up very well that allows other players to support our attack when he gets it. Fryatt on the other hand seems to be getting better and better at holding the ball up, something that is very under-rated. You want our midfield to support our attackers more and this is one way they would be able to.

I thought I was being generous :thumbup:

And in answer to your question, no I don't. I went on a mega rant about him on the way back to the car :mad:

Johno is shite- end of :D:ph34r:

Logan- 7 Solid. Starting to communicate better with his defenders. Kicking a bit wayward though.

Stearman 7- Generally solid with some good (and some bloody awful) throws down the line and distribution is improving

Kenton 6- Not his best game, looked uncomfortable at times

McCarthy 9- A rock. It really is different when hes back in. Crunching tackles and a proper LEADER of the defence which we don't get when he's not there. His distribution seems to have improved A LOT as well. Shows how much it means to him.

Nils 7- Solid- excellent run in the first half which unfortunately came to nothing

Sylla 6- The effort's definitely there again, but he can go from the sublime to the ridiculous, and in awkward positons too.

Hughes 6.5- A better game. In and out of it in the first half, but much better in the second. Got forward a lot more in the second half to support the strikers- especially for his goal, which is what he NEEDS to do.

Johnson 4- And he only gets that for the two good tackles he made. Always a yard off the play, doesn't want to head, can't pass and slows down play too much. Sits far too deep- at times on top of his defenders, leaving a man short in midfield. At times it felt like playing with 10 men.

Tiatto 8- Fantastic again. Looks like he really wants it. Could be a real asset if he keeps this up.

Huuuuume 8- Fantastic, high tempo performance, and deserved his goal. Some great pieces of skill and seems to really enjoy playing. Gets docked a mark for not putting Fryatt in when running at the Stoke defence and shooting horribly wide- harsh, but then if the guy wants to be good he has to have harsh critics! :P

Hammond 4- Worst game I've seen him play. Didn't really look up to it tonight.

Fryatt 6- Some clever little runs, and unlucky with a few decisions. Looks to have a little touch of class when he comes on. Once he gets a goal, I'm sure he'll be away.

Kelly 8- Audibly groaned when I heard the team selection with no Welsh and Johno in the team, but he seemed to get it 100% right.

Ref 2- Awful. I dont really like ref bashing but this one was the worst I've ever seen. Some completely bemusing decisons; especially when stood on top of the play. Stoke got everything and we barely got anything out of him. Anyone watching the game might think there was some sort of conspiracy.

Logan 6, Some nervy kicks

Stearman 6, Did what he had to

Mcarthy 7, Good but his heading wasn't as good as normal due to his halloween mask

Kenton 6, not strong enough prefer him on the wright

Nissa 6 did what he needed to

Sylla 6, only hting that stopped him from a 5 was his tackling

Johnson, 7 Considering he shouldn't really have been playing because of injury he was good

Hughes 7, Good goal looked good

Tiatto 8 Best ive seen him play ever,

Huuuuuume 8 Again looked good nice goal

Fryatt 6 did what he needed to when he came on and will be back to best soon

Hammond 6 didnt do much

Logan 5 - Most uncertain performance yet, not helped by continuous stream of backpasses

Stearman 6 - Looked uncomfortable at times but his height helped massively

McCarthy 9 - Superb considering what he had to put up with (the mask), great timing on his tackles

Kenton 6.5 - Did as much as he could against two lads much bigger than him

Nils 6 - Solid

Sylla 5 - Same old story, decent trickery for a couple of minutes but went missing for most of the game

Johnson 4 - Anonymous (probably a good thing)

Hughes 4.5 - Lightweight, passing quite poor, goal was well-taken tough

Tiatto 7.5 - Very positive in the first half but faded in the second

Hume 8 - Could have done so much more with better service

Hammond 4 - Serivce was limited but it was no excuse for the terrible work-rate

Sub:

Fryatt 6 - Held the ball up well

i actually thought the players did well , considering the referee and his assistants were poor and the stoke players were very good at spoiling the game , breaking up attacks by feigning injury , running across players to block runs , holding and shoving more than is usual etc.,

was surprised by hughes , seemed to relish in actually passing the ball around and wanting it , scored a good goal too. hopefully its not a one off.

In the 30 mins or so that Fryatt played he looked sharp and hungry. Hammond gave up as usual when things didn't go his way. I've also noticed that although Elvis's pace is a dangerous tool for us to have, he cannot hold the ball up very well that allows other players to support our attack when he gets it. Fryatt on the other hand seems to be getting better and better at holding the ball up, something that is very under-rated. You want our midfield to support our attackers more and this is one way they would be able to.

strange. in my opinion elvis since his return to the team has been very good in every department apart from being able to hit the back of the net. worryingly though against stoke he looked very jaded.

fryatt looked good when he came on though and gave their defenders something different to worry about.

i think its time to change things up front and return fryatt to the starting eleven.

strange. in my opinion elvis since his return to the team has been very good in every department apart from being able to hit the back of the net. worryingly though against stoke he looked very jaded.

fryatt looked good when he came on though and gave their defenders something different to worry about.

i think its time to change things up front and return fryatt to the starting eleven.

If we changed the team every time someone was less than their best we wouldn't have a team.

If I could remember a single thing Fryatt did when he came on that had any relevence, I could understand the argument, but I can't. He didn't look fully fit to me.

With an eight-match unbeaten run behind us and our managing to score two goals a game generally, I wouldn't change anything up front right now.

If we changed the team every time someone was less than their best we wouldn't have a team.

If I could remember a single thing Fryatt did when he came on that had any relevence, I could understand the argument, but I can't. He didn't look fully fit to me.

With an eight-match unbeaten run behind us and our managing to score two goals a game generally, I wouldn't change anything up front right now.

fryatt got into some good positions , if the right pass were made during one attack he would have had a shot on goal but hume wanted the shot which you cant blame him for.

i think elvis has done well since his return but form can change and he did look jaded and his work rate was less than the previous games.

i just have this feeling that fryatt is going to start scoring again if given a game or two.

its down to kelly anyway and he seems to know when a players ready to make the starting eleven :thumbup:

The goals weren't exactly attacking fluency we had seen in some previous games. I think Fryatt is line to play next game allowing Hammond to realize that he must keep up the good work he was doing to earn his place. Understandably though it is impossible to keep a high level of performance for such a sequence of games

The goals weren't exactly attacking fluency we had seen in some previous games. I think Fryatt is line to play next game allowing Hammond to realize that he must keep up the good work he was doing to earn his place. Understandably though it is impossible to keep a high level of performance for such a sequence of games

Any combination of Kelly's preferred players right now is not going to give us attacking fluency. It gives us the hard-to-beat qualities he loves, competitiveness throughout, guaranteed commitment and a general lack of silly mistakes but fluency would be virtually impossible because they don't have enough passing and moving between them and the system never commits more men forward than necessary. Another reason for Hammond. He is such a fast harrier.

Any combination of Kelly's preferred players right now is not going to give us attacking fluency. It gives us the hard-to-beat qualities he loves, competitiveness throughout, guaranteed commitment and a general lack of silly mistakes but fluency would be virtually impossible because they don't have enough passing and moving between them and the system never commits more men forward than necessary. Another reason for Hammond. He is such a fast harrier.

Correction, the only reason for Hammond. If we had midfielders who could pass and move, our forwards wouldn't have to create everything themselves. I'd rather have Fryatt on the end of Williams' potential creativity than Hammond every day of the week.

Archived