Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry the Terror

does Sylla ever get a game for you guys?

After a poor start, he was frozen out for the second half of last season but due to the fact we have no-one else, he's been given a chance again in the last month or so and in my opinion has renewed enthusiasm and looks ok although most will probably disagree with me.

Interesting you say that, he never really tackled anyone at Celtic either, but at St Johnstone he was a dirty ****. MON must have trained it out of him.

Heh. Well, whatever MON did, he's clearly never been the same player. :P

You guys are more than welcome to him - Levein did insist on using Sylla week in, week out, so I'm sure he'd be better off up there getting first team football instead of an occasional cameo appearance here for us. If our other right winger wasn't quite so shit, Sylla would have been condemned to the reserves and wouldn't have returned as he has done. :blink:

We've actually got a really good right winger at the moment - Craig Conway. We got him from 2nd division Ayr United in the summer, bit of a bargain really. I dont think we'll be taking Sylla off your hands, sorry. ;)

Swap ya. :ph34r:

We'll throw a classy central midfielder into the bargain - Stephen Hughes. ;)

Is that the ex-Rangers guy? He used to be not bad, what's happened to him? I guess he was a bit skinny but he was a good passer.

The very same.

We coughed up a wedge for him, he started well, but he's looked a bit shite for the last season and a half. His first 'season' with us was a half-season (January 05 onwards) and he looked good value.

What happened since then is anyone's guess - some say he's still quite lightweight. Some think he's not the right kind of player we need in the middle - we need a creator and Hughes doesn't seem to fit the bill...

If you offer us cold hard cash for him, you can have him - I'm sure he'd look much better at Dundee than he does at Leicester. :yesyes:

Need a goalkeeper, coincidentally? :whistle:

How about a right back? ;)

Sylla suffered from the same prejudices Kisnorbo et al did and he took it worse than everyone else, admittedly he was lazy on a few occassions buit no worse than some of the 'established' hereos down here.

He is far from my favourite but he is our best option at right midfield by a country mile, sadly our manager wouldn't know a wide player if he walked up and kicked him square in the nuts while wearing a neon sign stating he was a wide player.

He was excellent against Villa and showed Gareth Barry exactly why he'll never play for England.

He was excellent against Villa and showed Gareth Barry exactly why he'll never play for England.

Once in a while planets slip out of alignment, pagan Gods awake and roam distant lands...and I agree wholeheartedly with BartonFox. :thumbup:

What I remember of him when he was at St Johnstone is he has a nice bit of skill and is quite quick but he was also a dirty bastard and would foul quite a lot.

he has ability although is a bit picky about when he wants to show it.

he is better than the other right winger we have. and yes he is a dirty player

Archived