Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Kenton - overrated ?

Given that Kisnorbo is significantly quicker than McAuley and Skills, I would say that comment has some weight to it.

Kenton is certainly a lot more solid than Stearman at right back, and gives the back four more assurance. Your constant bias towards youth always blinkers your view, so I tend to take a lot of what you say with a pinch of salt.

As for going forward, I can't really remember Stearman actually contributing much down the right this season, apart from pumping long balls down the line that lead to nothing. Rarely does he go past players and put a good ball in.

Based on that, Kenton offers us more. I'd rather have someone who can defend and have good pace to cover the centrebacks (As full backs should do) than someone who lacks strength and regularly gets caught out.

Well I've been watching a different Kenton because to me he just looks very laboured, heavy legged and slow thinking - defenders seem to find it easy to get past him, I've even got to the stage where I keep thinking he must be carrying an injury or something.

Granted Maybury doesn't sem to warrant a start but then when was the last time he had a decent run at full-back, when Kelly took over and got us picking up points?

At his best, based on when he first arrived I think Maybury is a far better full-back.

Given that Kisnorbo is significantly quicker than McAuley and Skills, I would say that comment has some weight to it.

Kenton is certainly a lot more solid than Stearman at right back, and gives the back four more assurance. Your constant bias towards youth always blinkers your view, so I tend to take a lot of what you say with a pinch of salt.

As for going forward, I can't really remember Stearman actually contributing much down the right this season, apart from pumping long balls down the line that lead to nothing. Rarely does he go past players and put a good ball in.

Based on that, Kenton offers us more. I'd rather have someone who can defend and have good pace to cover the centrebacks (As full backs should do) than someone who lacks strength and regularly gets caught out.

:D:D:D My "bias" towards youth only exists to counterbalance the inclination of some fans to continue the MA legacy of filling our underperforming side with ever more experienced but cumbersome dourists and thus to maintain regimes which can even dream up sides so blatantly biased towards defence! :whistle:

That said, you're right, Stearman has not been particularly exhilerating down the right flank this season and I've wondered several times about the reason why without really finding a logical answer.

:D:D:DMy "bias" towards youth only exists to counterbalance the inclination of some fans to continue the MA legacy of filling our underperforming side with ever more experienced but cumbersome dourists and thus to maintain regimes which can even dream up sides so blatantly biased towards defence! :whistle:

That said, you're right, Stearman has not been particularly exhilerating down the right flank this season and I've wondered several times about the reason why without really finding a logical answer.

This is such a myth. Where are these people?

Well yes we conceaded two against Sheffield Thursday but that means we have conceaded two goals for the last two games, not the last four.

In fact two conceded against Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke plus Aston Villa (3) so an average of two per game for the last five.

In fact two conceded against Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke plus Aston Villa (3) so an average of two per game for the last five.

Oh come off it you donkey.

Aston Villa was

A) Before QPR where we conceaded one goal, therefore not in our past four fixtures

B) A incredibly harsh judgement seeing as it was a 120 minute game against a team holding a Champions League postion.

Archived