Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Date Rob Kelly gets sacked?

What day will he get bulleted?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. D-Day

• End of November
    • Early December
    • Mid December
    • Christmas
    • January
    • He's going nowhere

:thumbup:

I also wonder whether MM will want to risk seeing whether Kelly can do the business here or not. There's not endless amounts of money available. He'll probably give him a small amount to work with in the jan window. If Kelly turns it around here then he'll be given another one year rolling contract, if not he'll be disposed of, costing us nothing. MM will then want a new manager of his own choice and he'll back him with as much funds as he can.

He'll always cost us a year's wages if we get rid of him his contract always has one year remaining on it.

He'll always cost us a year's wages if we get rid of him his contract always has one year remaining on it.

I wasn't aware of that. I always thought that a one year rolling contract meant that at the end of that year should the boss want to leave or the board want to get rid then they can without any compensation paid by either party. So basically Kelly has a never ending contract and should he ever get the sack, he's got a guaranteed extra £200k coming his way? That's ludicrous.

I wasn't aware of that. I always thought that a one year rolling contract meant that at the end of that year should the boss want to leave or the board want to get rid then they can without any compensation paid by either party. So basically Kelly has a never ending contract and should he ever get the sack, he's got a guaranteed extra £200k coming his way? That's ludicrous.

As Tom Jone's would say 'It's not unusual'

As Tom Jone's would say 'It's not unusual'

Cheers for clearing that up. I suppose it's much more safer for a club like ours to give a manager a contract like this. Ok, so we have to pay the manager a years wages should we get rid, but at least it's not 2 or 3 years wages if we gave a manager a long contract.

Archived